Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7862 7863 [7864] 7865 7866 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8568628 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117945 on: February 29, 2020, 07:30:11 pm »

Super Sentai => Power Rangers

Basically what Grim Portent said, but imagine it as if some other nation adapted Star Wars but instead of just dubbing it, they kept all the space ship special effects, but put their own actors in for the human scenes - and notably pretty much wrote their own plot, so literally only the space ship scenes were the same. So, instead of luke Han and Leia there would be Carlos, Juanita and Juilio, and they're space pirates fighting against the evil Galactic Overlord, El Diablos (they'd keep the shots of Darth Vader). And it would have a notibly jankiness since the scenes with the Spanish actors would be shot on a different type of film/tape to the rest of it, and also have noticeably lower budget for special effects.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 07:39:14 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117946 on: February 29, 2020, 07:55:25 pm »

Basically what Grim Portent said, but imagine it as if some other nation adapted Star Wars but instead of just dubbing it, they kept all the space ship special effects, but put their own actors in for the human scenes - and notably pretty much wrote their own plot, so literally only the space ship scenes were the same. So, instead of luke Han and Leia there would be Carlos, Juanita and Juilio, and they're space pirates fighting against the evil Galactic Overlord, El Diablos (they'd keep the shots of Darth Vader). And it would have a notibly jankiness since the scenes with the Spanish actors would be shot on a different type of film/tape to the rest of it, and also have noticeably lower budget for special effects.

In order to assist in selling this imagery, I googled the words [Carlos], [Juanita], and [Juilio] and used the first image from each result regardless of context or relevance. This created the following still from the described movie. I also pasted the title in from the Spanish version of Star Wars.

[El Diablo] came up with the dude from Suicide Squad but it was specified that Vader remained unchanged.

I'd watch this instead of TLJ.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #117947 on: February 29, 2020, 08:12:21 pm »

I'm getting a tattoo of this.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117948 on: March 01, 2020, 12:09:44 am »

...isn't that pretty much Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam? Better known as "Turkish Star Wars"?

Speaking of the masterpiece that is TSW, I only just found out now that some enterprising individuals apparently got together and made an English dub of the thing. Professional quality, supposedly.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117949 on: March 01, 2020, 12:35:40 am »

...isn't that pretty much Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam? Better known as "Turkish Star Wars"?

Speaking of the masterpiece that is TSW, I only just found out now that some enterprising individuals apparently got together and made an English dub of the thing. Professional quality, supposedly.
i knew that was a thing, I didn't know until just now that they actually ripped off footage from Star Wars for that.

BTW the plot kinda sounds amazing, I'll have to actually check this out.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:42:11 am by Reelya »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #117950 on: March 01, 2020, 06:18:48 am »

I'm starting to have violent fantasies at night, most probably because I'm anxious about what my grades are gonna be in my school leaving exam. That the fantasies center around cathartic violence (destroying stuff, smashing windows) probably means I subconsciously believe that violence is the solution to my problems, but that's something for another day.

In response, I'm doing something that I absolutely dread having to do ever again: taking antipsychotics. I just happen to have a massive fucking grudge against that entire group of drugs. I don't want to do it, but I think I have to by now. I know, rationally, I'll live through it, but it still feels like suicide to go through with it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117951 on: March 01, 2020, 06:28:28 am »

i knew that was a thing, I didn't know until just now that they actually ripped off footage from Star Wars for that.

BTW the plot kinda sounds amazing, I'll have to actually check this out.

It gets better: They didn't want to rip off Star Wars music, so they took Indiana Jones instead.

I'm starting to have violent fantasies at night, most probably because I'm anxious about what my grades are gonna be in my school leaving exam. That the fantasies center around cathartic violence (destroying stuff, smashing windows) probably means I subconsciously believe that violence is the solution to my problems, but that's something for another day.

...d...doesn't everyone do this?

Well now I'm mildly concerned.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117952 on: March 01, 2020, 08:30:19 am »

Got talking to my mum about something or other which led into a nice, full-blown reminiscing sesh, beginning with some relevant anecdote and then veering off into various scene-setting stuff about the time and place it had happened.
Then from there the talk jumped around from topic to topic before eventually just moving chronologically forwards through the years, through my own childhood.
This was fun at first, contributing my own memories of the places we'd lived and my impressions of everything going on, but it reached a point where it just started making me sad. I can't exactly pinpoint it but it's probably around the time my painful shyness reached a critical point and started morphing into full-blown anxiety.

Or maybe it's just nostalgia and dwelling on lost friends, fading memories and missed opportunities. In any case, now I'll probably be dwelling on my tragic failure to participate properly in childhood and the fact that it's all downhill from here for the foreseeable future. Moreso than usual, at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #117953 on: March 01, 2020, 03:43:36 pm »

I've woken up, and about the only negative thing that happened is that I woke up earlier than expected. I think my brain is fucking with me when it says that the antipsychotics will 'kill' me.

...d...doesn't everyone do this?

Well now I'm mildly concerned.
Hell if I know. All I know is that Mom tells me that violence is not the answer. I'm inclined to agree with her, but I have nothing to back it up. Doesn't stop me from massacring whole villages in, say, DF, though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117954 on: March 02, 2020, 01:19:19 am »

Got stood up/ghosted again. I said no to sledding and a cozy evening with friends because I had a date, when in fact I apparently did not.

That's honestly the part of this that hurts the most... Missing out on my friends because some mean bint can't take the time to just say she changed her mind/wasn't interested.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117955 on: March 02, 2020, 01:21:15 am »

Today I learned the word 'bint'.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117956 on: March 02, 2020, 01:26:55 am »

Today I learned the word 'bint'.
It's useful for correctly identifying moistened bints when they lob scimitars at you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117957 on: March 02, 2020, 01:44:31 am »

According to Crusader Kings 2 it is also Arabic for "daughter of"
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117959 on: March 02, 2020, 09:43:54 am »

I'd watch this instead of TLJ.

Look, if you're just going to create something great like that, you can't also beat us to the punch of comparing it favorably to the new SW series.
Pages: 1 ... 7862 7863 [7864] 7865 7866 ... 8156