Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7864 7865 [7866] 7867 7868 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567335 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117975 on: March 05, 2020, 07:52:48 am »

If violence doesn't solve your problem.... then you aren't using enough.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117976 on: March 05, 2020, 07:55:30 am »

While violence may solve a problem, the overapplication of this tool can cause many more problems to follow, nonviolent soutions tend to not create as many problems

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #117977 on: March 05, 2020, 08:04:45 am »

Finally, finally someone said it! I bless you, Ulfarr!

Woo hoo! Thanks :D

*Reputation increased: +1 rep with Quaksna*
*Buff received: Monk's Blessing (+15% protection from evil)*

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117978 on: March 05, 2020, 08:31:39 am »

While violence may solve a problem, the overapplication of this tool can cause many more problems to follow, nonviolent soutions tend to not create as many problems

Overapplication is truly a problem.

Believe it or not, but despite my general avoidance of society, I am really hot-tempered person. That comes with pros and cons. Like, if someone buggers me, showing them you're willing to beat them if necessary will usually scare them off. But then, there are children. You have to have patience with children. I have not. If I am triggered, I am able to beat up lil' kids, and I did a few times. It is effective as always, but... It buggers me. It's not right. Of course I am trying to do something with it, but... I still feel dangerous. It's not a good feeling.

But you know what's funny? I am really weak. Like really, really, frail and weak. Some would say emaciated like a night troll. I am even in suspicion I might have some defect. But still, people are scared of me when I get mad. They could have easily taken care of me. But nope, they're just scared. I must have some Fear 5 ability or something...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117979 on: March 05, 2020, 08:40:20 am »

Maybe they’re scared of breaking you?

But yeah, broadening the definition of violence to include reasonable things does not make violence reasonable. Semantic hoops are no justification.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117980 on: March 05, 2020, 09:06:32 am »

Maybe they’re scared of breaking you?

Well, in elementary they once pissed me off, I charged the nearby bully and banged him. He almost crouched, raised arms up to protect his head and cried. So probably not...

We settled the dispute later, but for then on, everytime I came near him he started trembling. It's really not a good feeling when someonr fears you. It's just sad. Maybe that's why I tend to avoid people in the first place... Who knows.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:13:07 pm by Quaksna »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117981 on: March 05, 2020, 10:09:38 am »

Had a rough night last night. My mind decided I needed a highlight reel of everything that could reasonably and unreasonably be seen as a failure in my life and the bad mood's continued into today.

Depression is one hell of a drug.

I hear you. I got demotivated enough that I wasn't even interested in non-work things the other day, and just sort of spiraled into nihilism.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117983 on: March 06, 2020, 02:13:46 pm »

My life is a joke

Oh. Is it at least a good one?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117984 on: March 07, 2020, 12:23:11 am »

My life is a joke

Oh. Is it at least a good one?

If not, we have a thread for that.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117985 on: March 07, 2020, 03:16:24 am »

So yesterday I got a gift from my brother, the resultant books of a guy tracking down every single living descendant of the alleged country-father Gustav Vasa (swede-centric fake history and lies, base and vile, true country-father is Geat Uberman Birger Jarl, noble and true, uniter of the realm), which was nice.

But anyway, in it is listed basically half of my entire family and their profession and/or career achievement. So now I'm listed aside every single fucker of my relatives as "Gustav Scriver, ..."

I'm a "..."
Love, scriver~

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117986 on: March 07, 2020, 04:43:11 am »

But anyway, in it is listed basically half of my entire family and their profession and/or career achievement. So now I'm listed aside every single fucker of my relatives as "Gustav Scriver, ..."

I'm a "..."

Is there a specific descriptor you'd rather they use?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117987 on: March 07, 2020, 04:48:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117988 on: March 07, 2020, 05:00:19 am »

That hits me where I live.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117989 on: March 07, 2020, 05:07:51 am »

Just to rub it in, of the actual Former Child in that meme:

When that first circulated, I was still in the Marine Corps. People don’t understand that in the Marine Corps I was part of special operations. I just wasn’t allowed to talk about that stuff while I was on The Bachelorette, so people don’t realize that

So people mocked him because he was the only guy in the show not big-noting himself about his career, but it turned out it was because he had a super-secret James Bond kind of career.
Pages: 1 ... 7864 7865 [7866] 7867 7868 ... 8156