Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7865 7866 [7867] 7868 7869 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572080 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117990 on: March 07, 2020, 05:32:11 am »

I had no idea it could get more absurd than the image was already. Nice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117991 on: March 07, 2020, 05:59:11 am »

I mean, former child would be preferable.

Anything other than "worthless piece of shit but we can't write thst" would be nice.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117992 on: March 07, 2020, 06:25:09 am »

But anyway, in it is listed basically half of my entire family and their profession and/or career achievement. So now I'm listed aside every single fucker of my relatives as "Gustav Scriver, ..."

I'm a "..."

Is there a specific descriptor you'd rather they use?

He has an out here if he doesn't have a career. Pick a career that has no formal qualifications and licensing, but has a good ring to it. Financial Planner may be a good choice.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117993 on: March 07, 2020, 06:52:37 am »

I highly doubt this will get a second print, so it's already too late for that

I am branded a "..." for all eternity
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117994 on: March 07, 2020, 06:58:39 am »

You are that which cannot be spoken. You are the thing that defies words. Centuries from now your ancestors will establish whole research institutes dedicated to uncovering the meaning of '...'. You will gain a following, a church if you will. You'll be known as the first '...', and your mysteries will be carried into stars.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117995 on: March 07, 2020, 07:46:07 am »

Jeez, ease up with the jokes, guys.
Epellipsisy is a serious condition!

For real though Scriver, I totally failed to grok what your post meant the first time I read it. That's a big oof. I'd be pretty mad.
For future reference, though, I've decided that in future I'll describe myself to people as a "student of the universe" if they are tactless enough to ask how I spend my days. I guess you can use that if you want.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #117996 on: March 07, 2020, 08:47:09 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117997 on: March 07, 2020, 09:09:47 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117998 on: March 07, 2020, 09:13:40 am »

David doesn't even deserve daddy's surname.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #117999 on: March 07, 2020, 09:28:47 am »

That gave me one genuine chuckle.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today t
« Reply #118000 on: March 07, 2020, 12:26:25 pm »

That gave me one genuine chuckle.
i laughed out loud when reading this too

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118001 on: March 07, 2020, 03:43:43 pm »

I'm genuinely upset today. Well, more than ever. I was putting gas on a company car (yeah, I get to have a car some weekends now, which is awesome) and almost got into a fist fight defending my wife honor because, stupid cultural customs and my recently quick to anger character which I despise, in the end I had to hold the other dude hands to making him stop shaking and told him no, no one is going to fight here, calm down. But that isn't but a drop in today's glass.

The main worry is that the payment haven't arrived from the company. The token one in local currency did but the other doesn't. Every time I ask I get a slightly different answer, all gravitate to lack of liquid funds and the difficulty of actually getting physical dollar bills, and I get it that I'm new here and all so I won't get a whole honest answer, but thankfully we are only two people right now and the other guy is alright (he has more time working with them).

If the pretend to make this every month with up to a dozen people that would be understandably angry asking ME about their late payments I will simply walk away. Don't want to ever be in a position of others people debt "representative" ever again in my fucking life. I'm reassured this is something that haven't happened nor will happen again but if this repeats one more time I will have to get aggressive about it or simply quit and leave them hanging here, which would be a real shame because the project is really good and I'm sure very profitable on the long run. My wife tells me to calm down and be patient, but I've been working really hard for this and we already planned a lot of payments that are now very late because something I'm not guilty of.

Fuck, I miss the angry thread because I'm mostly angry instead of sad. Just needed to do something to vent a little and don't do anything rash.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118002 on: March 08, 2020, 11:19:11 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:40:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118003 on: March 10, 2020, 03:51:54 pm »

Kid's (gen 2, so very old and way beyond any warranty) iPad met concrete at substantial velocity.

I don't have $350 to replace it right now, so now I get to deal with fights about one kid having an iPad while the other doesn't.

>:( ::) :'(

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118004 on: March 10, 2020, 03:54:12 pm »

Unless you have a lot of specific apps that absolutely need iOS, you can get a solid Android tablet for a fraction of that price. Even a lot of Galaxy Tab models can be gotten for ~150 new, and there's plenty of cheaper models. Performance is likely to be almost identical - nearly all of an Apple product's price tag goes to pay for the logo.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7865 7866 [7867] 7868 7869 ... 8156