Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7866 7867 [7868] 7869 7870 ... 7881

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 5340515 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118005 on: May 27, 2020, 06:56:06 pm »

Then he's not current Hitler, so you don't know if he'll become the Hitler. There are (near) infinite ways of knocking him off that course other than killing him. Heck, don't do anything to him but arrange things so the Nazi Party can't arrange the Reichstag Fire. Or any other options. There would be a million ways.
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118006 on: May 28, 2020, 12:46:06 am »

First of all: there's no excuse for this person who murdered her own child. Simple as that. Murdering a child, or your child, is inexcusable

What about murdering future Hitler?

I hear spiking the heels together and leaving them for dead on the road somewhere is a pretty good solution to this.

And yeah, what Duna said. What she did was inexcusable, but I can still definitely recognize some very human thought processes underneath it.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118007 on: May 28, 2020, 03:03:52 am »

I'd support Kidler's dreams of being an artist. Then crush them because he's evil and deserves it. His newfound empathy for failure would surely direct him to some kind of meaningful politics, perhaps some kind of German party for workers.
Bay12: Where a discussion about a man's anus manage to be Lovecraftian.
you sir, deserve a medal. this is the dawn of a new age of child trauma.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #118008 on: May 28, 2020, 08:13:57 am »

But Hitler killed Hitler! If you kill Hitler, who will kill Hitler?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #118009 on: May 28, 2020, 08:49:18 am »

And if Hitler killed Hitler... you don't want to be like Hitler, do you?
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118010 on: May 28, 2020, 10:12:48 am »

Clone Hitlers then it's ok to kill them because they're Hitler. Use the meat for a chain of Hitler burger shops.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #118011 on: May 29, 2020, 06:47:18 am »

Probably too bitter.
Words are just fancy onomatopoeias.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118012 on: May 29, 2020, 06:54:33 am »

Clone Hitlers then it's ok to kill them because they're Hitler. Use the meat for a chain of Hitler burger shops.

"Welcome to Übermunch, can I take your executive order?"

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #118013 on: May 30, 2020, 02:00:09 pm »

Returning to our regularly scheduled sad thread, after a long blessed hiatus I feel depressed and broken again. Fun.
 - NRDL
- Gatleos

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118014 on: June 01, 2020, 01:01:58 pm »

I wish people, when they make plans with me, would actually bloody tell me that they aren't going through with them at some point before it starts. I've had it four times now in the past two weeks where I've made solid plans, only to find out an hour or two *after* they were supposed to start that the other person couldn't/didn't want to do it.

I'm not crazy for expecting this am I?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • am
    • View Profile
« Reply #118015 on: June 01, 2020, 01:06:54 pm »

Returning to our regularly scheduled sad thread, after a long blessed hiatus I feel depressed and broken again. Fun.
saaaame

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118016 on: June 01, 2020, 01:25:35 pm »

I wish people, when they make plans with me, would actually bloody tell me that they aren't going through with them at some point before it starts. I've had it four times now in the past two weeks where I've made solid plans, only to find out an hour or two *after* they were supposed to start that the other person couldn't/didn't want to do it.

you’re not crazy for expecting this, it makes sense to want to know if someone’s not going through with the plan

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118017 on: June 01, 2020, 01:47:14 pm »

No, you're being reasonable.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118018 on: June 02, 2020, 01:36:30 am »

Well, in Eye of the Beholder 3 I discovered there's a magic item *right near the start of the game* that effectively lets you hack your way to maximum levels and effectively infinite HP with very little time and effort (as in you can spend less than 1 hour and have a character from level 1 to level 20, with much more levels / XP than 50 hours across the other two games). It's not deliberate, it's just broken by sloppy code that they didn't test.

I liked the other two games, the third one literally wrecks the series in that it puts stuff in their that breaks the game and makes all previous efforts to level up the characters entirely moot. I *heard* this sequel sucked and was rushed out by the publishers (not the original developers) but I had no idea it would be this broken.

Yeah, so even for completioninsts, probably don't play Eye of the Beholder 3.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:47:30 am by Reelya »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118019 on: June 02, 2020, 05:15:51 am »

Have you considered simply not exploiting that?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7866 7867 [7868] 7869 7870 ... 7881