Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7868 7869 [7870] 7871 7872 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8551333 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118035 on: March 18, 2020, 10:05:05 pm »

I can't really remember the dream I had, but I'm pretty sure it was far better than reality.   

I'm sure it was, too, man.
These days that's a fairly low bar. Tbh many nightmares I had last year are now better than reality
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118036 on: March 18, 2020, 10:09:27 pm »

My dream last night was so fucked up that it literally ended with the Law And Order SVU credits.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118037 on: March 19, 2020, 02:41:56 am »

I can't really remember the dream I had, but I'm pretty sure it was far better than reality.   

That's kinda point of dreams.
And videogames.

I haven't got many dreams recently of quality. Today, I was flying again, if I recall correctly, and some sentient floating battleaxe was annoyed by it.

Yeah, dreams are neat. They even hinted a concept I use in my fantasy now.

I remember the one from the day they closed schools in our cpuntry. We were spectators in some arena of teachers, that was kinda fun.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118038 on: March 19, 2020, 03:17:47 pm »

In summary: "a lot". Most of it requires so much backstory and detailing as to be hopeless to try and illustrate here, some of it I'm not even allowed to talk about on the board, and only a part of it is general madness associated with cabin fever a la self-isolation.

Today's reminder flavor of the day is that I feel I have no value because I have no knowledge or skills to provide that aren't already mastered by at least one someone in my immediate circle of friends (I've been trying to get better about not comparing myself to the abstract concepts that are "other people" I don't actually know, but this is a few stages more advanced than that).

I started trying to develop a new skill, less because I'm particularly interested in it and more because I just want to be good at something, and I've been working on it the past couple weeks with not much else to focus on. I've recently learned that one of my closest friends has suddenly developed an interest in it, and judging from the pictures I saw today is already at about the same level as me with my couple weeks and investment of purchasing an ebook on the topic.

I... Don't have interests. Nothing means anything to me. Nothing gives me pleasure or satisfaction. How am I supposed to get good at something when I don't know what to even start with, and don't have the motivation to truly invest in it?

Also, the corona era is of course a great time to lose interest in gaming -my lifelong pastime- again.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118039 on: March 19, 2020, 03:24:16 pm »

Do plants interest you? You can buy a seed packet and start selecting for traits in a plant, possibly creating a new cultivar, this would be long term of course, if that isn’t your thing, that;s fine, just putting it out there, as something to think about

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118040 on: March 19, 2020, 04:28:13 pm »

Homophobia. People can be dumb sometimes, and as a bisexual person this actually affects me. Have not told my parents yet.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118041 on: March 19, 2020, 06:28:40 pm »

In summary: "a lot". Most of it requires so much backstory and detailing as to be hopeless to try and illustrate here, some of it I'm not even allowed to talk about on the board, and only a part of it is general madness associated with cabin fever a la self-isolation.

Today's reminder flavor of the day is that I feel I have no value because I have no knowledge or skills to provide that aren't already mastered by at least one someone in my immediate circle of friends (I've been trying to get better about not comparing myself to the abstract concepts that are "other people" I don't actually know, but this is a few stages more advanced than that).

I started trying to develop a new skill, less because I'm particularly interested in it and more because I just want to be good at something, and I've been working on it the past couple weeks with not much else to focus on. I've recently learned that one of my closest friends has suddenly developed an interest in it, and judging from the pictures I saw today is already at about the same level as me with my couple weeks and investment of purchasing an ebook on the topic.

I... Don't have interests. Nothing means anything to me. Nothing gives me pleasure or satisfaction. How am I supposed to get good at something when I don't know what to even start with, and don't have the motivation to truly invest in it?

Also, the corona era is of course a great time to lose interest in gaming -my lifelong pastime- again.

Eh, being second best is still being good at that thing. Losing interest in everything is tougher to deal with.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118042 on: March 19, 2020, 11:09:55 pm »

Got my imaging results back. It's a lot of info, so I'm once again putting it in a spoiler for everyone's sanity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Woo!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118043 on: March 20, 2020, 01:20:47 am »

Shoeman's disease. I'm sorry to hear so, Maximum, but you're turning into a shoe
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118044 on: March 20, 2020, 01:28:59 am »

Shoeman's disease. I'm sorry to hear so, Maximum, but you're turning into a shoe
Goddamn it, I at least wanted to be gloves so I could still punch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118045 on: March 20, 2020, 01:56:06 am »

You're in luck! In most Germanic languages gloves are called "hand-shoes". So there's still a chance!
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118046 on: March 20, 2020, 06:34:07 am »

Eh, being second best is still being good at that thing. Losing interest in everything is tougher to deal with.
Third best, and that's ignoring the list of all the other things where I'm not even remotely in the same league as them.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118047 on: March 20, 2020, 09:24:33 am »

Got my imaging results back. It's a lot of info, so I'm once again putting it in a spoiler for everyone's sanity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Woo!

How is the head-in-a-jar technology coming along? Until we get you a new body.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #118048 on: March 20, 2020, 06:32:17 pm »

I’m lonely and I’m bored because I can’t see anyone to talk to thanks to Corona, I lack the motivation to do anything more complicated than the basic requirements of my continued survival, one of the only people I have definite contact with is very bad at hiding that he’s in a terrible state and yet continues to fool the people who are the largest source of his stress, and honestly, I’m so insecure about myself and my relationships with others that I have a trauma-induced mental block stopping me from bringing anything up if it could possibly in any way shape or form annoy them, I don’t know if anyone is being honest about me as a human being, and I genuinely don’t know if I am, as I instinctively think I am, a thinly tolerated source of constant annoyance, or if anyone likes me as a human being, and I don’t trust anyone to be honest, because I know I wouldn’t be honest about that if someone I knew was like that. I don’t know what I’m doing with myself. I don’t know what the future may be, or if I’ll still be employed at the end of the epidemic, I don’t know what I want to do, and I’m cripplingly afraid of beinging it up with people because of a trauma-induced fear of being annoying that I need to talk with my therapist about more. Thanks for listening to my sad talk.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118049 on: March 20, 2020, 06:36:57 pm »

Someone here should video chat with you. I would legit offer but I am at work.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7868 7869 [7870] 7871 7872 ... 8155