Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7872 7873 [7874] 7875 7876 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576641 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118095 on: March 30, 2020, 07:52:43 am »

why am exist

WHY AM EXIST
Having a long one of those "why am exist" moments, currently.   

So many flavours of sadness. Like a fuckin' buffet.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118096 on: March 30, 2020, 08:28:29 am »

Wait, Poo is german? I got the impresion he was from Asia!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118097 on: March 30, 2020, 08:35:14 am »

No, he's Spanish as far as I'm aware. No idea why he chose to use German. Probably just for emphasis since German is a very emphatic language.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118098 on: March 30, 2020, 08:56:47 am »

bask in his basqueness, heathen
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118099 on: March 30, 2020, 10:00:28 am »

I don't deal particularly well with stress, especially when it repeatedly comes from the same source. Dealing with landlord bullshit again (they're probably using incompetence as a screen to try to rip me off yet again), and I gave up for the day a few minutes after getting out of bed.

why am exist

WHY AM EXIST
Having a long one of those "why am exist" moments, currently.   

So many flavours of sadness. Like a fuckin' buffet.   

You exist to play a stupid goat FPS half in the bag, perhaps?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118100 on: March 30, 2020, 03:29:09 pm »

Wow, you've really got my goat.   
...Not really. I might give this a shot.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118101 on: March 31, 2020, 04:07:53 am »

So it's about a month since I quit my job at the hospital. I've been happily unemployed for a month. As it feels like the world is starting to burn with Covid-19 going around, you COULD say I got out at the right time... but I can't help but feel like a selfish piece of shit. I mean, yeah, I was working full time hours with no benefits on a part-time contract, with no breaks, and nightshift hours spent all alone; and it was grinding my health and sanity down... I'm just really worried for all my former coworkers there.

I want to call to ask how they're doing... but I already know the answer... not good.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118102 on: March 31, 2020, 05:18:11 am »

You gotta take care of yourself before you can take care of other people, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118103 on: March 31, 2020, 05:42:46 am »

So it's about a month since I quit my job at the hospital. I've been happily unemployed for a month. As it feels like the world is starting to burn with Covid-19 going around, you COULD say I got out at the right time... but I can't help but feel like a selfish piece of shit. I mean, yeah, I was working full time hours with no benefits on a part-time contract, with no breaks, and nightshift hours spent all alone; and it was grinding my health and sanity down... I'm just really worried for all my former coworkers there.

I want to call to ask how they're doing... but I already know the answer... not good.

If it really bothers you, you could probably get another medical job For The Duration. The system's so strained and desperate for qualified people that you could probably go to a different hospital and get a temporary job there.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118104 on: March 31, 2020, 07:42:34 am »

You gotta take care of yourself before you can take care of other people, man.

+1

As you say, Josh, the job wasn’t doing you any good and you were being exploited. Bad juju. You shouldn’t feel bad for doing something that betters yourself as a person.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118105 on: March 31, 2020, 08:01:51 am »

Pieces of the internet are having serious problems today.... I keep getting "random" DNS lookup failures.

Makes working remotely difficult.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #118106 on: April 01, 2020, 06:54:05 pm »

Christ I’m stressed. Everything I could be doing is a potential source of stress. Every goal I could concievably aim for in a source of stress. The nights are the worst, there’s less to distract you from it all. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t stressed anymore. It’s hard to feel optimistic in any way shape or form that there’s light at the end of the tunnel if you can’t remember anything but this dark, dank tunnel that smells faintly of cigarettes and pot. If I was a migrant Dorf, I’d be exiled before I stepped in the front door. Even typing about it’s stressing me, because it’s bringing to memory some things that I had buried under the floorboards under the rug in the hopes that they would stop burrowing back up and gnawing at my toenails again. I’d rather avoid getting depression again, but I don’t have the dopamine to do it. But the traumatic emotional flashbacks whenever I see people arguing have been dying down, so that’s a plus.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118107 on: April 01, 2020, 07:12:16 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:44:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118108 on: April 03, 2020, 10:53:42 am »

My landlords are back on their scammy bullshit again, and I'm guessing there would be some difficulty in finding a new place to live and a moving company right now.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118109 on: April 04, 2020, 11:38:43 am »

Drag are you okay? Is the people on the other car okay? Or was it against a tree, house or what?

Iduno, that really sucks, is there any legal protection in act right now against precisely that?

Imic are you okay?

On other news, beside a ton of crap in my real life to be sad about, I'm still very worried about Hans... I hope he comes back at least to say he's alive.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 7872 7873 [7874] 7875 7876 ... 8156