Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7877 7878 [7879] 7880 7881 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8557200 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118170 on: April 15, 2020, 11:03:24 am »

My phone has been batterying out really fast lately. Did Samsung release a new phone recently or something?
Same here and yes.

Pure coincidence I'm sure.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118171 on: April 16, 2020, 09:44:08 am »

My grandmother's dying.
Love, scriver~

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #118172 on: April 16, 2020, 09:48:56 am »

Sincerest condolences, scriver.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118173 on: April 16, 2020, 12:55:08 pm »

One of the side-buttons on my mouse broke, like I pressed it and it simply went NOPE and went into the mouse. Since it's the back button and I use that fairly frequently while surfing as well as for certain games it's rather irritating to keep reflexively going for what is now a hole in my mouse and does nothing. So I took it apart since I got some nice plastic cement on hand and that's pretty great for fusing any plastic parts together (as it literally melts the plastic in order to make the join so it becomes one piece), went together great. Put the whole thing back together and go to test the button. First press instantly breaks it again.

Now I'd like to buy something higher quality, like a proper Logitech or similar, even if it costs more, but the problem is international shipping is kinda deadlocked at the moment and the few local stores that hold electronic goods have shitty throwaway brands that break within months (like the current mouse did) and pretty much nothing else.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118174 on: April 16, 2020, 01:08:44 pm »

One of the side-buttons on my mouse broke, like I pressed it and it simply went NOPE and went into the mouse. Since it's the back button and I use that fairly frequently while surfing as well as for certain games it's rather irritating to keep reflexively going for what is now a hole in my mouse and does nothing. So I took it apart since I got some nice plastic cement on hand and that's pretty great for fusing any plastic parts together (as it literally melts the plastic in order to make the join so it becomes one piece), went together great. Put the whole thing back together and go to test the button. First press instantly breaks it again.

Now I'd like to buy something higher quality, like a proper Logitech or similar, even if it costs more, but the problem is international shipping is kinda deadlocked at the moment and the few local stores that hold electronic goods have shitty throwaway brands that break within months (like the current mouse did) and pretty much nothing else.

Buy a nice one online, and keep using the semi-functional one until it arrives?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118175 on: April 16, 2020, 07:03:01 pm »

I'm losing hope, not just for my treatment but for everything. My wife can't take working at her shitty toxic job full of awful coworkers, there's no other jobs to be had here. Meanwhile, I can't leave because the only doctors that know the entire story of my cancer are in this hospital, in this town.

I feel like I was cursed at some point, or I'm just a bad person inside, either in the moral sense or in the sense that my health problems mean I am literally broken inside. I'm not happy with or without my family, with or without money, with or without a job. I don't know what I want out of my life. I don't know what I can get out of my life at this point.

I am tired of constantly feeling like I need to entertain people, telling them I feel alright when I really don't. People say that they want to hear what I'm really feeling, then when I tell them I hear every guilt trip in the book until I change my answer to fit whatever they want from me. The truth is I am afraid of dying, and I am afraid that my life might have been wasted all along, cancer or no.

I think at my next appointment I'm going to ask if I can be prescribed some antidepressants, because I don't know what else I can do to make myself feel even a little better. That, and weed (edibles) is fucking expensive at the shops here.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118176 on: April 17, 2020, 03:18:31 am »

My grandmother's dying.
Shit, that's awful mate... You doing alright?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118177 on: April 17, 2020, 03:30:55 am »

@itisnotlogical

Is it legal to grow for personal use in your area? A plot in your back yard, or in a pot in the sunroom (if you have one) would do. Seeds are usually found in crap quality bags, so maybe you could get some herb going to save on exposure and cost?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118178 on: April 17, 2020, 06:08:21 am »

It's pretty shit. I already have a worst conscience for being such an awful grandson for years, and now I can't even visit her when she's ill because of epidemic risks. I'm just glad I finally got off my butt and went with my parents to see her earlier this year (months before corona, I'm not that dumb) so at least there's that, but it doesn't feel enough.

She's still holding on for now, but not getting better. It hasn't been confirmed if it was Corona when I asked but she's got respitory issues so the symptoms fit.

I just feel helpless and guilty.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118179 on: April 17, 2020, 07:56:43 am »

Sounds like Cuomo and Desantis are having a contest to see who can kill off more people this year.

It's pretty shit. I already have a worst conscience for being such an awful grandson for years, and now I can't even visit her when she's ill because of epidemic risks. I'm just glad I finally got off my butt and went with my parents to see her earlier this year (months before corona, I'm not that dumb) so at least there's that, but it doesn't feel enough.

She's still holding on for now, but not getting better. It hasn't been confirmed if it was Corona when I asked but she's got respitory issues so the symptoms fit.

I just feel helpless and guilty.

She got a phone?

We all feel helpless, but at least with a phone call, you'd know you did what you could.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 07:59:19 am by Iduno »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118180 on: April 20, 2020, 06:46:17 am »

Feeling ill. Just a little bit. Normally I wouldn't even hesitate at going to work in this state. But now they say you should stay home if you're feeling even just a little cold. So I'm staying home.

But what makes me sad that this doesn't sit well with my conscience. So now I'm feeling super guilty for calling in suck or nothing but a little sore throat and sniffles. And I feel guilty over the possibility of going to work (I work at a grocery store) and hypothetically being coronated and infecting other people.

I don't know what to do. My conscience is testing me in two directions and that makes me feel worst of all.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118181 on: April 20, 2020, 10:13:04 am »

Feeling ill. Just a little bit. Normally I wouldn't even hesitate at going to work in this state. But now they say you should stay home if you're feeling even just a little cold. So I'm staying home.

But what makes me sad that this doesn't sit well with my conscience. So now I'm feeling super guilty for calling in sick for nothing but a little sore throat and sniffles. And I feel guilty over the possibility of going to work (I work at a grocery store) and hypothetically being coronated and infecting other people.

I don't know what to do. My conscience is testing me in two directions and that makes me feel worst of all.

If you're sick, stay home. Like you said, you're more likely to catch other things while you're already sick, and nobody needs that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118182 on: April 22, 2020, 07:21:27 pm »

I was supposed to hang out with my mom today, but I failed to fall asleep and had to cancel this morning.
Eventually I fell asleep without realizing, and woke up convinced that it was the morning of my birthday when it's actually the evening before.

Whatever, my aunt got the date wrong too.  It's arbitrary.  I just hope I didn't sleep too long and I can go to sleep properly tonight.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118183 on: April 22, 2020, 07:30:10 pm »

My Mom's dog just died, she's been in the family for roughly 7 years now. She called me over saying she was dying, and I didn't believe her at first because my Mom is chronically hysterical and there seems to be new drama every day with her, but I came over anyway and Chia (the dog) was in real bad shape. My Mom had already called a vet and had scheduled to bring her in, and I agreed to take her. I step out of the house for just a few minutes, and my Mom calls me back urgently, Chia's just suddenly gotten worse. I hurry over, and I place my hand on her, and I think I felt her last few heartbeats before passing. It happened so fast, for seemingly no reason, I was so shocked. Just fuck, I'm sorry Chia, I wish there was something I could've done. I don't even know what happened, she was fine yesterday. I'm just sorry.

My Mom has a delusion that some pesticide sprayers poisoned her, but honestly anything could've happened. I just don't know...

The worst thing is that my Mom is cruelly pragmatic, and immediately thought of just throwing her into a dumpster. She just can't fathom why she should have any respect for the dead, if it's just going to be an additional burden and cost. And she suggested it while crying for the dog, just goddamnit Mom. I'm hoping we'll be able to bury her or something, that's the least we can do for Chia.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:33:18 pm by JoshuaFH »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118184 on: April 22, 2020, 07:36:37 pm »

That's horrible.  I'm sorry.  I buried my treasured pet in the woods a distance off a trail I used to hike a lot, marked by a pile of stones.  Years later I can still find the spot, to my surprise.  I don't visit often but it's nice to do so occasionally, and know that I can.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7877 7878 [7879] 7880 7881 ... 8155