Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7879 7880 [7881] 7882 7883 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567351 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118200 on: April 27, 2020, 12:03:14 am »

I dunno why, but I feel like I can't trust people. There's just this feeling of distrust and paranoia washing over me, and I can't figure out why. I have years' worth of evidence showing that people tend not to be assholes, yet I'm fixated on an anomaly from years ago, of these rich assholes from middle school. I wonder why this keeps happening. Was it that bad? Why can't I let go? I try not to think like this, so is the lockdown just fucking me up?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118201 on: April 27, 2020, 03:46:56 am »

Cheese: totally sexist
https://www.peta.org/living/food/why-cheese-is-the-most-sexist-thing-you-can-eat/
Yeah, but...  That's PETA. Sea kittens. I wouldn't even begin to take seriously any opinion piece that they came out with.
Eyewitnesses also filmed workers attaching chains to unborn calves’ legs when their mothers had difficulty giving birth and yanking the babies out of their birth canals, causing the laboring cows to cry out.
The alternative being... to leave the calf in the birth canal, risking mother and calf? To operate immediately and do a Caesarian?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118202 on: April 27, 2020, 03:50:27 am »

Cheese: totally sexist
https://www.peta.org/living/food/why-cheese-is-the-most-sexist-thing-you-can-eat/
Yeah, but...  That's PETA. Sea kittens. I wouldn't even begin to take seriously any opinion piece that they came out with.
Eyewitnesses also filmed workers attaching chains to unborn calves’ legs when their mothers had difficulty giving birth and yanking the babies out of their birth canals, causing the laboring cows to cry out.
The alternative being... to leave the calf in the birth canal, risking mother and calf? To operate immediately and do a Caesarian?

No, PETA would "humanely euthanize" the pregnant cow. Because, you know, man shouldn't be raising cattle like that ANYWAY. (and because actually supporting animals is costly and detracts from 'The Movement!!')

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118203 on: April 27, 2020, 03:53:41 am »

*Cowsarian

I'm sad about some stuff, but I can't talk about it. Suffice to say that my psyche is hypocritical, paradoxical, and infuriatingly stubborn.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118204 on: April 27, 2020, 03:54:18 am »

In my own mild sad today,  I have been trying out a new "3d printer filament" (ahem.)

It works surprisingly well. Sticks to PVA glue very nicely. Prints nice and shiny, tough, and flexible with excellent layer adhesion.

The sad?

It warps real bad. Did a brimless test with the octopus benchy, and it lifted up real bad. :(  Looks like large brim is absolutely needed.  That is gonna reduce the effective size of items I can print. Mild sad.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118205 on: April 30, 2020, 08:50:24 am »

I just thought of the perfect pun to make...

...in response to an anecdote someone told me several months ago. Argh. >_<   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118206 on: April 30, 2020, 01:15:53 pm »

I just thought of the perfect pun to make...

...in response to an anecdote someone told me several months ago. Argh. >_<   

G’on then.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118207 on: May 02, 2020, 04:24:41 pm »

Apparently Sam Lloyd died which is kind of a bummer
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118208 on: May 03, 2020, 03:21:27 pm »

My roto tiller's helical gear bought the big one.  Clearly my dirt is too hard for it.

Local agricultural supply places are of course, ALL SOLD OUT of replacements.

Bought a long handled garden shovel.  Will make use of my manual cultivator instead... Much slower.

Gonna be a much smaller garden than I wanted this year.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118209 on: May 03, 2020, 10:51:09 pm »

Apparently Sam Lloyd died which is kind of a bummer
Crap, not Ted. The saddest thing is that he just became a father last year, althougt he managed to know him, his baby won't remember him :(
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118210 on: May 04, 2020, 03:07:40 am »

Thread title

Man, I don't even know.
All I know is it's getting harder and harder to lose myself in enjoyable media - cheerful or otherwise - the more I do it, so I need to put in extra effort to keep myself perpetually distracted lest I be crushed by ennui, inadequacy and general crumminess. This is the sort of moment where I could really use a drink.   
Or two.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #118211 on: May 04, 2020, 10:27:55 am »

Losing a friend to a brain aneurysm. Talked to her on Friday, by Saturday midday she was in a coma. They gave her just two days before her brain isn't able to maintain her bodily functions anymore.

I've worked with her husband for almost a decade, gamed with both them all the time. It's life, but man it sucks ass.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 11:00:28 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118212 on: May 04, 2020, 09:59:23 pm »

That sucks dude. I hope her husband get the strength to keep going. And may the heavens give you and all her loved ones strength.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118213 on: May 06, 2020, 12:31:04 pm »

My other dog is dying. She´s old and not completely unexpected. Still :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118214 on: May 06, 2020, 12:52:03 pm »

My other dog is dying. She´s old and not completely unexpected. Still :(

Aw, dogsads.
Pages: 1 ... 7879 7880 [7881] 7882 7883 ... 8156