Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7880 7881 [7882] 7883 7884 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8555051 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118215 on: May 06, 2020, 01:42:56 pm »

The last 12 months have been shitty overall. Two consecutive job fiascos, the pandemic and both its scary impact as a pandemic and itīs labor impact in the delay (I hope itīs just a delay*) in starting my next job in Ireland. Love affairs havenīt been that good either, though Iīve not lost hope altogether in rekindling things with the girl in Dublin. And on top of that, I lost one of my dogs in October and now the other one is terminally ill.

So yeah, Iīm kind of unhappy about the general state of affairs.

*Iīm working on the theory that itīs just a delay and things will take off sometime this year, maybe around the summer or September. I just declined a long term post in Spain basing myself on this theory so I hope it pays off.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:44:30 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118216 on: May 06, 2020, 05:05:50 pm »

I'm sorry chairman. Dogs are the best.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118217 on: May 06, 2020, 05:11:03 pm »

Thanks. It does hurt a lot. I try not to think about it :(

I knew she wasnīt doing too well but I was hoping against hope that it wouldnīt be malignant and sheīd last another year.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:13:19 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118218 on: May 06, 2020, 07:51:23 pm »

Tough break, Poo. Have a song for your dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le34ygtODfI

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118219 on: May 06, 2020, 08:05:09 pm »

thanks  :'(

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118220 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:02 pm »

Tough break, Poo. Have a song for your dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le34ygtODfI
Walking the old trails with my mom today, it was a little like this.  Seeing the places of mystery - remaining enchanting and with hidden depths.

And I am so sorry for your lost companion, Chairman.
I buried my own off one of those trails.  She is with the things I imagined in the leaves and the dusk.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118221 on: May 07, 2020, 09:09:55 am »

Oh damn, that's rough. :(   
My sympathies to both Chairman and Nenjin. Hope you're coping okay.   

A considerably milder Sad, but still one too painful for the "Mildly Upset" thread: I am up to the final episode of Community. Yes, I'm aware how late to the party I am.   
This is one of those shows I've gotten really into, and so as usual when I'm this emotionally invested in something it feels like the world is coming to an end along with it. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's still pretty bleak. Doesn't help that the sixth season has been rather hit-and-miss compared to the earlier ones.   
One might think that wouldn't be as bad as seeing a show you love cut down in its prime, like Santa Clarita Diet, but it's actually kinda worse. Watching something that was once so great shamble along, lacking half its cast and regularly reducing the remaining characters to dumbed-down caricatures of themselves for a cheap gag, with more focus on (admittedly pretty good) movie/TV spoofs and barely a glimmer of character development or the ongoing interpersonal dramas that used to be so entertaining and, perhaps worst of all, Joel McHale's character now appears to have a *shudder* faux-hawk.   

I sure hope this final episode's a good one. Of course, in any event I'll still have the earlier seasons to re-watch (I think this show will be joining stuff like Black Books and Seinfeld as something you can just chuck on any time and rely on it to entertain, no matter how many times you've seen it all), but I'll probably become one of those pitiful, deluded creatures still hoping for a movie to cap things off. Has Rick and Morty's popularity finally died down, or is that still going strong...?   
Guess I'll just have to mope for a couple of days, then throw myself into a rebound series/movie/book/whatever to ease the pain.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118222 on: May 07, 2020, 10:36:23 pm »

Oh damn, that's rough. :(   
My sympathies to both Chairman and Nenjin. Hope you're coping okay.   

A considerably milder Sad, but still one too painful for the "Mildly Upset" thread: I am up to the final episode of Community. Yes, I'm aware how late to the party I am.   
This is one of those shows I've gotten really into, and so as usual when I'm this emotionally invested in something it feels like the world is coming to an end along with it. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's still pretty bleak. Doesn't help that the sixth season has been rather hit-and-miss compared to the earlier ones.   
One might think that wouldn't be as bad as seeing a show you love cut down in its prime, like Santa Clarita Diet, but it's actually kinda worse. Watching something that was once so great shamble along, lacking half its cast and regularly reducing the remaining characters to dumbed-down caricatures of themselves for a cheap gag, with more focus on (admittedly pretty good) movie/TV spoofs and barely a glimmer of character development or the ongoing interpersonal dramas that used to be so entertaining and, perhaps worst of all, Joel McHale's character now appears to have a *shudder* faux-hawk.   

I sure hope this final episode's a good one. Of course, in any event I'll still have the earlier seasons to re-watch (I think this show will be joining stuff like Black Books and Seinfeld as something you can just chuck on any time and rely on it to entertain, no matter how many times you've seen it all), but I'll probably become one of those pitiful, deluded creatures still hoping for a movie to cap things off. Has Rick and Morty's popularity finally died down, or is that still going strong...?   
Guess I'll just have to mope for a couple of days, then throw myself into a rebound series/movie/book/whatever to ease the pain.

They are apparently doing a live charity read on Sunday of an episode. Although I think it is one from Season 4 (so they could have everyone except Chevy Chase).

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #118223 on: May 12, 2020, 05:49:29 am »

My phone is beyond economic repair. Repairing it would actually be more expensive than buying a new phone. I'm really bummed out about this. That phone was the first phone I truly loved, the first one that instead of limiting me, felt more like an extension of myself. I was attached to it. It was the first phone I truly cared about, so to see it in this irreparable, dead state is painful. I'm not sure why it's so painful, but the fact that it is speaks volumes as to how much I loved it. RIP, Galaxy A50. You will be dearly missed.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118224 on: May 12, 2020, 08:35:01 am »

Well, I guess you can still buy the same model?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118225 on: May 12, 2020, 10:12:36 am »

Bleh. My supposedly pending job is more in doubt than ever, and I got another job offer from overseas... but a shitty one. TBH some people don't get that I have somewhat of a bias in favor of jobs abroad (for various reasons), but that if the question is between a consultant post in Spain or a junior post anywhere else, I'm going to go for the consultant post.  Yes, even if it was the Castilian backwater consultant post that I rejected ten days ago.

I dont get a fucking break, it seems. Really, I was naive for thinking that I'd be spared from the asshole vultures that were trying to shoehorn all other millenials into low wage shitjobs.  But they're sadly mistaken. I'm not desperate
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:03:50 pm by ChairmanPoo »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118226 on: May 12, 2020, 07:19:37 pm »

My laptop screen has recently been having this problem where it occasionally has horizontal lines on the right side. It's still usable and not that bad but it's been causing some probably undue stress and worry. A fairly large amount of it, that affects other things as well. I can't help but feel like some of the stuff I went through the past couple years gave me PTSD or anxiety or something. And I'm really not sure who to talk to about it, again.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #118227 on: May 13, 2020, 11:27:35 pm »

((this post has been replaced with meh))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:56:17 pm by Eschar »

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #118228 on: May 15, 2020, 12:29:09 am »

My laptop screen has recently been having this problem where it occasionally has horizontal lines on the right side. It's still usable and not that bad but it's been causing some probably undue stress and worry. A fairly large amount of it, that affects other things as well. I can't help but feel like some of the stuff I went through the past couple years gave me PTSD or anxiety or something. And I'm really not sure who to talk to about it, again.
The screen is probably broken.
Ask tech support for repairs/replacements.
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118229 on: May 15, 2020, 08:35:29 am »

My 2007 laptop is finally dying :(

It's been having cooling problems, and now one of the fan bearings is going. It is bad enough that the laptop is physically shaking and sounds like a screaming banshee.  I'm less worried about the loss of cooling than I am about potential overcurrents / hot spots due to motor failure.
Pages: 1 ... 7880 7881 [7882] 7883 7884 ... 8155