Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7882 7883 [7884] 7885 7886 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570315 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118245 on: May 16, 2020, 05:06:22 pm »

If you feel like leaving is the best then do so, still i would recomend an honest and open discusion to your father about all this, some years down the road you get to say I fucking told you so, and you wont have the regret of not having trying to warn him about it.

As a father I could see how being in denial of having an asshole of a son, but down the road I would apreciate somebody warning me about it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118246 on: May 18, 2020, 02:29:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you feel like leaving is the best then do so, still i would recomend an honest and open discusion to your father about all this, some years down the road you get to say I fucking told you so, and you wont have the regret of not having trying to warn him about it.

As a father I could see how being in denial of having an asshole of a son, but down the road I would apreciate somebody warning me about it.

Yep. Then, once you've tried and failed (if you succeed, you don't need more advice), listen to Poo.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118247 on: May 18, 2020, 02:30:18 pm »

I am sad to renounce my love-hate relationship with my brother, I realized he's an unfeeling moron again.

Like seriously, he's unable to treat anyone as a human or equal to him. I have hubris ego issues too, but man, I'm nothing in comparison to that guy! I can't wait until he moves out, I won't miss him.

This sucks. I shouldn't be saying these words, but... This is the reality I'm living in right now.

Also why am I still alive again? Oh, because I'm unable to kill myself, that's why. How sad is it, I still don't want to live yet I can't stop...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118248 on: May 18, 2020, 10:00:37 pm »

Content yourself with the fact that every moment you live you become closer to your inevitable end.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118249 on: May 18, 2020, 10:29:53 pm »

Content yourself with the fact that every moment you live you become closer to your inevitable end.

That's... Actually really helpful. Thanks. I had to come to terms with my sad existence anyway, but this gives my hope. Everything's messed up, but you're right, it's always one step closer to end. How didn't I think of this before?

I hereby proclaim hector13 a helpful man.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118250 on: May 19, 2020, 12:18:47 am »

Do not go Gentle in to that Good Night
Rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light

Or in the words of 80's goth icon Concrete Blonde Johnette Napolitano:

Only God says "Jump"
So I say "In good time"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:23:37 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #118251 on: May 19, 2020, 12:49:37 am »

If someone is a dick to people around them, you don't have to be glad to be near them. That's just the natural result of hanging out with a jerk.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118252 on: May 19, 2020, 04:31:59 am »

Six feet under the ground not far enough? I jest.

He sounds like a classic bully though, doing things to get a rise out of people knowing the “authority” won’t do anything about it.

Not sure what your responses are, but brushing it off might be wise, but could also just escalate things if he is a true asshat.
I'd never help him get six feet under. But if that's where he ended up, I'd honestly have trouble mourning. Heartless, I know, but the truth.

And 'classic bully' sums him up fairly well. He also lacks empathy in most things. I'd say all, but he was genuinely upset when the dog died. And I reckon he'd be upset if my dad died, though that doesn't stop him stealing from him.

There was one bright moment when the stars seemed to align. He got a job in Scotland, even went and worked there for a bit. He's 28, so that should be no problem. Apparently it was. He's entirely, parasitically dependent upon my parents and my aunt. He hated being away from people who would do his clothes, cook his meals and give him free accommodation. I don't think he CAN cook or clean anyway. Not to mention there were no easy pickings for theft (which is interestingly largely confined to family. I think he's too cowardly to do it where there are real consequences). Anyway, he came back like a bad penny. Except even a bad penny has some monetary worth.

Seriously now, apply for that civil service job and get out of there
I've applied - and got funding - for a doctoral course. So I'll be in Belfast a lot after October. This has, in the past, helped a lot for obvious reasons. It's not a long-term solution, however. It's just me escaping the problem - that my family and my home are being ruined, even in my absence. It's a quandary.

I appreciate the perspective. But it's been said, implied, and shown many times in the past. There's honestly no use.

If someone is a dick to people around them, you don't have to be glad to be near them. That's just the natural result of hanging out with a jerk.
I'd appreciate it if you spoke to my dad.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #118253 on: May 19, 2020, 09:44:28 am »

My last year of high school is ending. For some reason this makes me sad or scared. Specifically, I think seeing ahead to the long empty summer is making me sad/scared, because of last summer which was Not Good (alarming amounts of suicidal ideation), though not as Not Good as school year 2 years ago.

Naturally, since that's probably the cause, it's only going to get worse.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118254 on: May 19, 2020, 02:42:50 pm »

Sounds like you need a plan, man. If there’s something you have wanted to do or learn, now is perhaps a good time to look into it and see if you can do that over the Summer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118255 on: May 19, 2020, 03:37:36 pm »

Summer classes might still be open? Some structure is always good for the mind.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118256 on: May 20, 2020, 07:22:22 am »

Dreamt yet again about a good friend of mine being raped and trown from the third floor of a building. She's living in Spain. Odd thing, in the dream she is 17 years old and just starting college.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118257 on: May 21, 2020, 04:35:09 pm »

I accidentally broke something because of my OCD. Fuck.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118258 on: May 24, 2020, 10:21:06 am »

I'm out of pain meds. Yaaaaaaaay.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7882 7883 [7884] 7885 7886 ... 8156