Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7883 7884 [7885] 7886 7887 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573060 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118260 on: May 24, 2020, 06:01:46 pm »

What the fuck? Why would anyone lead their child to their death?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118261 on: May 24, 2020, 06:02:52 pm »

God, what the fuck is it with Florida and killing your own kids?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118262 on: May 24, 2020, 06:25:03 pm »

Loose privacy laws for defendants, so we hear about every case.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118263 on: May 24, 2020, 06:25:25 pm »

God, what the fuck is it with Florida and killing your own kids?

Nothing in particular really, Florida just has unusually strong laws about government transparency that result in most government documents and records (including criminal proceedings) to be very easily accessible and searchable to the public, giving tabloids around the country an endless supply of filler headlines about terrible things happening there. As funny as the meme bashing Florida is, the things associated with "Florida man" probably happen everywhere else in the country at about the same rate and just go unreported.

dammit ninja'd

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118264 on: May 24, 2020, 06:32:14 pm »

I'm aware of the sunshine laws, but I've been to Florida and I still think there's a phenomenon. And not a funny phenomenon either, the place kind of disturbing.

Aside from Florida, I also think "I couldn't stand my kid anymore, so I 'put them out of their misery'" is probably about the least-sympathetic motive for murder out there.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118265 on: May 24, 2020, 07:02:25 pm »

And by kid you mean... (dials 91...)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118266 on: May 25, 2020, 08:36:33 am »

I'm aware of the sunshine laws, but I've been to Florida and I still think there's a phenomenon. And not a funny phenomenon either, the place kind of disturbing.

Aside from Florida, I also think "I couldn't stand my kid anymore, so I 'put them out of their misery'" is probably about the least-sympathetic motive for murder out there.

And then lied about it, which probably got several people murdered by police.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118267 on: May 27, 2020, 12:58:07 pm »

My kid's got autism. This makes me sad too :\
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118268 on: May 27, 2020, 01:06:46 pm »

What? For real? The kid was just diagnosed? Is not something you actually catch.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #118269 on: May 27, 2020, 01:27:02 pm »

My kid's got autism. This makes me sad too :\
How heavy are your kid's symptoms?
In any case, my condolences.
Hopefully your kid doesn't have too heavy symptoms.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118270 on: May 27, 2020, 02:51:29 pm »

He's commenting on the Florida murder, I imagine.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118271 on: May 27, 2020, 02:53:25 pm »

Oh! Yes, I was commenting on the Florida Murder.

But to answer, he was recently diagnosed just before Corona hit, which has put all his very-needed special education on hold. His symptoms are, thankfully, very comparatively mild. But he is currently non-verbal. There are some..... very clear parallels in that story that hit home. I gave him a hug until he got mildly annoyed to feel better :3

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118272 on: May 27, 2020, 04:39:03 pm »

Oh that monster that killed her own son? I was told she is a psychologist or something like that.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118273 on: May 27, 2020, 04:57:05 pm »

Autism and Autism can be two extraordinarily different things... It's called a spectrum for a reason.

While what she did was horrible, and additionally trying to abuse racial discrimination in her report, I... Have a hard time saying that it's the most difficult motive for murder to sympathize with.

Someone who kills for pleasure, who delights in the torment and pain of another individual and who ends a life solely for their own entertainment, that I consider to be difficult to sympathize with.

But a person who has struggled for years with a child who is potentially extremely difficult and taxing (even moreso than a more neurotypical child already is), who is already at her wits' end, and is conceivably being met with the being she is biologically programmed to care most about in the world, but who barely even knows she exists despite how much she has to sacrifice in order to care for them... No.

Is it excusable? No, absolutely not. Can I empathize? ....yes.

Yes, kids on the autism spectrum will always be challenging in one way or the other, but in many cases that's perfectly manageable and the unique perspectives and experiences that come out of it will more than make up for the added pressure, but... But sometimes they're locked so deep within themselves that you only ever get to see a tiny fragment of who they are. And everything else is just pain.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118274 on: May 27, 2020, 05:01:36 pm »

I'm sorry Kagus, I understand what you are saying and is a deeply subjective opinion, I can't empathize with her, at all.
Pages: 1 ... 7883 7884 [7885] 7886 7887 ... 8156