Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7889 7890 [7891] 7892 7893 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578430 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118350 on: June 09, 2020, 08:10:31 pm »

I知 completely miserable. But sometimes I知 not. I値l laugh at everything, I値l talk too much, I値l go too dark in subject matter, and then it all comes back. I知 quote fond of and quite skilled at social interactions with others, even if only currently via Discord, but I hate being the centre of attention. Every mistake I make is amplified in my mind if it involves any other human being to watch or be affected by it (including on this forum), I basically have nothing keeping me going and I知 unlikely to acquire something anytime soon. I keep on not drawing, D&D looks to be not happening for the forseeable future, playing games or looking at things online only makes me feel like I知 wasting the precious hours of my life, and I get that the antidepressants will kick in in a few weeks, but for now I just hate it all.

Yeah, I know that feeling. Been off my meds for a few years, but I remember the waiting part as well.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118351 on: June 09, 2020, 10:37:48 pm »

Peak activity was back in '14 and it was thought that continued updates to DF drive traffic to the forum. So far it seems that more people are going inactive/leaving/running afoul of the banhammer than coming in. Personally I think old post-by-post forums like this one have fallen by the wayside as more people tend to prefer Discord, reddit, and the like.
Yup, there has been a marked decrease in activity in recent years, and I believe Discord is probably the biggest single factor.   
It's kind of horrifying to me - that sort of throwaway communication seems so meaningless compared to a proper forum. Then again, I am probably way too attached to this place and most other forms of online communication seem awful by comparison. Here, you can say clever stuff and have folks possibly appreciate it, you can have the occasional intelligent and/or funny conversation, and you can even just have a plain ol' primal scream into the digital void and no one will think any less of you for it. Well, probably.   

@Naxza: of course you're not forgettable! You're that guy who went to that place for a working holiday, uhh, I wanna say New Zealand? I'm pretty sure that's the one. And you had all sorts of zany adventures in Kiwiland and possibly some other place that may have been Japan or something, I dunno.   
Can't really remember much else (don't take it personally, my memory is terrible), but I vaguely remember having a high opinion of you for whatever reason. *shrug*   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118352 on: June 10, 2020, 12:43:01 am »

On the other forums I go to, this one has a bit of a bad reputation for insular memes and jackassery. Even the Dwarf Fortress threads are full of occasional "does somebody have the latest Lazy Newb Pack so I don't have to go there?" type questions.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118353 on: June 10, 2020, 01:49:14 am »

On the other forums I go to, this one has a bit of a bad reputation for insular memes and jackassery. Even the Dwarf Fortress threads are full of occasional "does somebody have the latest Lazy Newb Pack so I don't have to go there?" type questions.

Well that's rude. Can somebody tell them they're awful people for me so I don't have to go there? ;)
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118354 on: June 10, 2020, 04:48:55 am »

Bay12's had kind of a shitty rep for ages. Then there's that whole beef with SA from years back, which probably didn't earn anyone any brownie points.

It's mostly just the folks who are members here who like this place.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #118355 on: June 10, 2020, 05:25:58 am »

I'm surprised by this. I haven't liked any other forums and have found this place informative and fun.

No, it's the children who are wrong.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118356 on: June 10, 2020, 05:28:25 am »

Something Awful is literally the worst place there is, though. After reddit, obviously. But that goes without saying.

I'll never understand what kind of people pay to be part of a community like that. It's like they're stuck in the 19th century mason hall good boy's club mindset
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118357 on: June 10, 2020, 05:30:20 am »

Bay12 is definitely the best forum I know. All others I've visited are either depopulated, full of largely inactive users, or full of vitriol.

As such this is the only one I post on with any regularity.

Edit: I just visited SA for the first time since reading Glazedcoast.

Ugh so many ads what the actual hell.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:33:04 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118358 on: June 10, 2020, 05:37:18 am »

Honestly this is the only forum I use. I moved to Discord and Reddit for everything else.

I started some shit here when I was less mature... I was a dick in general at the time. And that makes me sad, I probably have a reputation here from being stupid and immature despite having mentally grown up.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #118359 on: June 10, 2020, 05:40:05 am »

Something Awful is literally the worst place there is, though.
8chan, most of 4chan, certain game communities: Allow us to introduce ourselves.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118360 on: June 10, 2020, 05:43:58 am »

Mate I was 16 when I joined. The number of immature and stupid things I've posted is without measure.

People understand that people change over time. Their impression of you will change as you do.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118361 on: June 10, 2020, 05:51:24 am »

I'm surprised by this. I haven't liked any other forums and have found this place informative and fun.

No, it's the children who are wrong.
I'm surprised as well.  This is one of the most friendly and well-behaved forums I know.
I guess the hate comes from those who got banned for racism, excessive ad-hominems or trolling.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ュdisagree and still love each other, ュunless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #118362 on: June 10, 2020, 05:59:08 am »

One of my first experiences with English-language talking on the internet was IRC... I mostly dropped it a while ago in favor of forums and Discord. I mostly lurk here, though. Same for Reddit.

In my native language? Still forums and occasionally IRC.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118363 on: June 10, 2020, 06:16:39 am »

I got to talking with a gal in this nerdy Kik group I'm in, and we started PM'ing each other. That ended up leading to sexting, which made me feel great because I felt validated and seen as attractive/desirable.

Today, I learned in a roundabout fashion that she's in a long-term relationship and has been cheating online in this way. I have some hangups about fidelity, beyond just standard disapproval, so this has been a bit of a harsh realization.

Also apparently I misunderstood some stuff when registering for disability, so I now owe the state about $700, which they'll be requesting as soon as they get the invoice worked out.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118364 on: June 10, 2020, 06:38:58 am »

Honestly this is the only forum I use. I moved to Discord and Reddit for everything else.

I started some shit here when I was less mature... I was a dick in general at the time. And that makes me sad, I probably have a reputation here from being stupid and immature despite having mentally grown up.

Nah. Well, you do. But in a funny "remember when..." way rather than in a "that guy is such a dumbass" way.

Hating our past selves is part of growing up after all. We all remember and are embarrassed by who we were when we were younger.

Edit:
Something Awful is literally the worst place there is, though.
8chan, most of 4chan, certain game communities: Allow us to introduce ourselves.

Hehe, I know. I was just hyperbolising ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 06:40:33 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7889 7890 [7891] 7892 7893 ... 8156