Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7894 7895 [7896] 7897 7898 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570772 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118425 on: June 22, 2020, 09:45:53 am »

Socrates was a douchenut and should never be quoted. Fight me.

My quick, easy method to avoiding impostor syndrome is to simply not have any efforts or accomplishments in your life worth feeling proud about in the first place. Do you... d'you think I could market this technique somehow, guys? Maybe it could be a follow-up to the first overly cynical self-help book I've long been thinking of writing.   

Unfortunately I think a guy called Buddha already has that corner of the market covered
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #118426 on: June 23, 2020, 04:54:02 am »

...fuck the Russian government and all politicians supporting it. As a bisexual, I'd probably get arrested if the government knew about that. I want the United Russia party to burn and collapse and for revolutionaries to hang Putin and Dugin and all their cronies and shoot the oligarchs. I'm safe talking about it here because I use both a proxy and a VPN, and they can't do shit about people talking shit about them on foreign sites anyways... If I said this on VKontakte or something the police would be coming for me.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118427 on: June 23, 2020, 04:59:03 am »

What makes you think I'm not a GRU informant?

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118428 on: June 23, 2020, 05:01:21 am »

I feel you. Russia is a terrible place to be for lgbtetc.
And black people for that matter.  USA is bad, but it is a paradise for black people compared to Russia from the experiences of some coloured exchange students I've heard first hand.  Leaving the relative safety of university foreign student campus as a black person there means getting the crap beaten out of you.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #118429 on: June 23, 2020, 05:13:40 am »

I wish I could elaborate more on my fantasies regarding what I want to do to the politicians who are mainly responsible for the oppression... but I feel like that would be too graphic for this forum and I don't want to get banned. One link: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CruelAndUnusualDeath/RealLife
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118430 on: June 23, 2020, 11:35:13 am »

I did horribly in Dota this morning, and now have to go to work in the sweltering heat while carrying the burden of shame. Life's hard.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118431 on: June 23, 2020, 12:58:35 pm »

I realised so many of the communities I visited are gone with no real replacement for them. There are places with similar topics, but all instances I've seen are dominated by attention seeking, political derails, and zero quality (re)posting, to the point where it just isn't enjoyable. It seems like a lot of the negative behavior in discussions that was shunned only years ago is now the norm, and completely consumes most online communities.

I just miss being able to sit down and talk about a shared hobby or craft with strange people from miles away.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118432 on: June 23, 2020, 05:07:32 pm »

Don't worry George, here, we will endure. DF is eternal, it is inevitable.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #118433 on: June 23, 2020, 06:14:44 pm »

I don't believe giving specifics is a very good idea (I do not want what just happened to repeat again here), but someone whose work I enjoyed (and was even working on a sequel which I looked forward to) had some posts of theirs on a forum shown on Twitter.

These posts said... things. Again, I don't want to give specifics because I'm afraid that's going to kick off a massive argument that will make me afraid of continuing to read and post on these forums. Which reminds me, that's what happened in that creator's associated Discord server. A bunch of users started (and I think still are) arguing with one another and it's become rather hostile. Previously, beyond some jabs and memeing here and there, everyone was relatively civil.

But after seeing some of the things people are saying in there, all I can think is "I guess these people showed their true colors. Or at least how they react to unpleasant situations."

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this. I just can't keep it to myself, even knowing there are people out there who likely have much worse to deal with.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118434 on: June 23, 2020, 06:54:05 pm »

I'd want to move to Russia if not for the fact that I'd probably freeze to death within minutes of getting off the plane.   
Also I have bad circulation, so I doubt I'd ever be able to master the art of squatting all the time. My balance ain't too great, either.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118435 on: June 23, 2020, 08:35:26 pm »

Trying to quit drinking is *annoying* me.  It had become such a habit.  It hasn't exactly been a hard 5 days, I guess, I just keep thinking about it.  It's ironically a lot like, random f'ing example, wanting to compulsively check a Discord but not being able to.  Or a webcomic or something, I guess.  It's a habit.

Seltzer helps, I guess.  Ginger ale helps more since it burns (and is diet and alcohol-free, to be clear) but I haven't used any yet.  5 days.  Sleeping fitfully, dreaming... a lot, but it's mostly good so far.  Noticeably healthier too, which I guess is nice, but I've been too distracted to really appreciate it.  Constantly distracting myself to avoid thinking about the, ah, reason I quit.

This annoyed mixed mood might be for the best, though.  Not manic, not really depressed.  Just annoyed and staying distracted.  Handling the emotional fallout slowly, carefully.
I think I'm going to need more time.  Which is fine, I kinda expected I would.  Body's healing, mind's healing.

And, there it is... heartache.
Last night I dreamed about tumbling through a dark void in a tin can spaceship, but I wasn't alone.  I was in constant radio contact, I was just a sucky pilot.  Your typical "dangerous driving" dream with a cosmic twist.  Concern about my direction in life.  That's a fine dream, I'm used to that.  Give me more like that.  Not the heartache, not yet.

Pfeh, this looks like a drunk post, but it's not.  This sort of thing was always in me, alcohol just lowered my filters for sharing it.  I don't plan to stop expressing my emotions.  I'm just going to stop getting drunk and doing it poorly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118436 on: June 23, 2020, 09:01:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:21 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118437 on: June 23, 2020, 09:47:15 pm »

Yeah Canada Dry is my go-to!  I probably should have mentioned that since I've also had proper ginger ales which are, hoo, much sharper.  In a good way, though they tend to be a bit too sweet for me.  Canada Dry has enough burn to help me enjoy it slowly, same reason I enjoy vinegar chips (though those often don't slow me down enough... which has consequences...)

Also, since I was oddly vague about this:  I'm single now because of something I did while drunk.  Was just a matter of time, really.  But I've also just generally been annoying and worrying people who care about me, which was crummy.  Having to break out of that intoxicated, hedonist rut of despair.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118438 on: June 24, 2020, 01:38:47 am »

I realised so many of the communities I visited are gone with no real replacement for them. There are places with similar topics, but all instances I've seen are dominated by attention seeking, political derails, and zero quality (re)posting, to the point where it just isn't enjoyable. It seems like a lot of the negative behavior in discussions that was shunned only years ago is now the norm, and completely consumes most online communities.

I just miss being able to sit down and talk about a shared hobby or craft with strange people from miles away.

Eternal September

Eternal September Clock

Today is ... September 9793rd, 1993.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:40:29 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118439 on: June 24, 2020, 07:57:58 am »

I just got written out as a hopeless case by my mental health department. They're basically saying there's nothing more to do with me.

Oh and today is my birthday.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7894 7895 [7896] 7897 7898 ... 8156