Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7895 7896 [7897] 7898 7899 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572234 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118440 on: June 24, 2020, 08:01:00 am »

I just got written out as a hopeless case by my mental health department. They're basically saying there's nothing more to do with me.

Oh and today is my birthday.
Happy Birthday!

But yeah, I would recommend finding a new mental health provider, if possible. *Hugs*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118441 on: June 24, 2020, 08:21:10 am »

Trying to quit drinking is *annoying* me.  It had become such a habit.  It hasn't exactly been a hard 5 days, I guess, I just keep thinking about it.  It's ironically a lot like, random f'ing example, wanting to compulsively check a Discord but not being able to.  Or a webcomic or something, I guess.  It's a habit.

I get that way sometimes when I'm not drinking as well. I think sugar cravings are a major contributor, but obviously not the only one.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118442 on: June 24, 2020, 08:22:51 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118443 on: June 24, 2020, 09:49:06 am »

I'm working as part of a joint rehabilitation plan with the insurance treasury and employment office so I get welfare pay.

My mental health department is separate (and ran by the landsthing, not the state)

I just got written out as a hopeless case by my mental health department. They're basically saying there's nothing more to do with me.

Happy Birthday!

But yeah, I would recommend finding a new mental health provider, if possible. *Hugs*

Thanks, but I don't see the point any more. Doubly so for paying (or worse, having to rely on my parents paying for me) for private health care just to fail again.
Love, scriver~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118444 on: June 24, 2020, 10:09:06 am »

As long as you're holding up okay, but you're not the failure here. :) That's them.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118445 on: June 24, 2020, 10:26:43 am »

I'm working as part of a joint rehabilitation plan with the insurance treasury and employment office so I get welfare pay.

My mental health department is separate (and ran by the landsthing, not the state)

Happy Birthday!

Thanks, but I don't see the point any more. Doubly so for paying (or worse, having to rely on my parents paying for me) for private health care just to fail again.
Is it very bad? Or can you more or less cope day-to-day?

I assume they have some care plan in place nonetheless, even if they feel that at present they can't offer any therapy that will push the baseline, no?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118446 on: June 24, 2020, 11:35:18 am »

The care plan is basically "you still get pills, but aside from that we have nothing to do with you".
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118447 on: June 24, 2020, 11:48:28 am »

So with the recent resurgence in cases a bunch of countries are re-introducing self isolation if you've traveled. A close friend of mine who's moved to Germany a couple of years ago to work has come home like, three days ago, to stay a couple of weeks, hang out, see his family, that sort of stuff, due to various reasons he wasn't home in like a year. Now he has to literally leave the country by midnight (before the self isolation stuff kicks in) otherwise he has to self isolate for longer than his vacation time covers. Barely got to see the dude and he's already gone with no idea when he'll be able to visit again :/

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118448 on: June 24, 2020, 12:29:00 pm »

Happy-ish birthday, man... Major suckage to get met with that kind of treatment (or, more precisely, lack thereof)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118449 on: June 24, 2020, 01:34:57 pm »

So, there's a National Guard checkpoint rigth outside the place I live. They are charging 20$ per person if you want to go out. We dont have much food left rigth now.... this will be fun.

Edit: Two days later.
I just feel so.. fucking... defeated. Like, I know what's probably coming again but I don't have the strength to put up with all this shit one more time, but I don't have any other option because it's not just my ass in danger, it's my wife and son, if I were alone I would probably won't fight it. This attitude won't help at all on the marriage front but I really can't stop feeling like that.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:27:29 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118450 on: June 29, 2020, 12:58:19 pm »

Y'know that fun job I was talking about?
Fwoooooosh.

I got laid off today. So fucking much for loyalty to hard-working employees.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118451 on: June 29, 2020, 04:34:33 pm »

Fwoooooosh.

lol

Shit flows downhill, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118452 on: June 29, 2020, 04:52:55 pm »

Fwoooooosh.

I feel that man

We're just disposable cogs to them. Keep on protecting yourself, loyalty is only something you can give to the loyal

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118453 on: June 29, 2020, 10:06:53 pm »

Edit: Two days later.
I just feel so.. fucking... defeated. Like, I know what's probably coming again but I don't have the strength to put up with all this shit one more time, but I don't have any other option because it's not just my ass in danger, it's my wife and son, if I were alone I would probably won't fight it. This attitude won't help at all on the marriage front but I really can't stop feeling like that.
Keep your chin up, Baal.   
I know that's pretty much, like, the antithesis of actual helpful advice, but sympathy and bland encouragement is all I really have to offer you. Maybe it's what you need to hear (well, read) right now? Seems doubtful, but well, we're rooting for you.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118454 on: June 29, 2020, 10:37:22 pm »

I know you are guys, and trust that it helps a lot... some days are better others are god awful. I try to refugee on whatever harmless way I can from all so it doesn't affect the people here, but my wife told me today that lately in fits of rage I have actually said that it would be easier if we were all dead, which to be honest in the darkest hours I have come to actually thought for brief moments, but don't recall ever saying it out loud.

That is a fucking huge warning sing and I need to simply shrug all this shit off like I have made so many times now since... I can recall. And this could be the reason behind the glares, I couldn't blame her if she leaves me, I know I probably would, the only caveat is that I'm not really an aggressive person and dislike real physical violence but still hearing that kind of stuff from someone you live with must be terrifying.

I think I need time for a hobby of sorts, something cheap or with no money involved. Believe it or not is hard to find free time in this place right now and we don't have many distractions, sometimes I wonder if peter were a tad older so we could read books together might make all this easier.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:45:23 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 7895 7896 [7897] 7898 7899 ... 8156