Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7909 7910 [7911] 7912 7913 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576332 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118650 on: July 17, 2020, 06:03:09 pm »

Nah, Fortress Mode players are scum~
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118651 on: July 17, 2020, 06:11:27 pm »

You mean adventure players for sure.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118652 on: July 17, 2020, 06:58:00 pm »

No
What about your funny avatar on a certain obscure internet forum? That's gotta count for something, right?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118653 on: July 17, 2020, 11:20:29 pm »

You mean adventure players for sure.

Pfft, adventurer mode ftw m8 fite me.

So long as it’s 40d adventurer mode.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118654 on: July 17, 2020, 11:22:48 pm »

That's some brutal shit right there.  Too brutal for me.  I could totally do .40d fortress mode though. Retro Succession Game when?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118655 on: July 17, 2020, 11:30:43 pm »

Nah, you just bother the wildlife for a bit, train your dodge and shield skills.

I started as a peasant and was murdering megabeasts aplenty. At least ‘til I got a quest to kill a roc. Ma’fa’ tore off a leg the first time I fought it, I managed to crawl away and train my crutch-walking skill to not be useless, then came back to finish it off and lost an arm!

Decided to retire in a nearby town after that.

Edit for retcon!

Shit was even worse than I recall! Not sure how I was throwing shit with no arms, but it was a long time ago...

Edit 2: Further commentary on the topic of rocs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 11:37:59 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118656 on: July 19, 2020, 12:22:27 pm »

I pulled a muscle in my bavk (I hope) and hurts horribly whenever I walk, despite best available painkilling efforts (nsaids, tramadol)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118657 on: July 20, 2020, 05:13:43 am »

I finished season two of Skins. Uh, it's really great and all of course, but just... feels.   
Lots of them. :'(   

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118658 on: July 20, 2020, 05:34:29 am »

I pulled a muscle in my bavk

Whelp, I did not expect chairman to turn out to be a bird person. Crab person? Maybe. Sentient oak? Very likely. But bird person? Very surprising.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118659 on: July 21, 2020, 07:19:29 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:51:44 pm by dragdeler »
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #118660 on: July 21, 2020, 09:07:46 am »

I pulled a muscle in my bavk
Sentient oak? Very likely. But bird person? Very surprising.
I didn't realise that the inter-web (for what a tangled web we weave) was connected to the inter-root.

I'm gonna have to find a nice redwood tree. The stories it could tell!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118661 on: July 22, 2020, 02:32:24 am »

Dad kept telling me that I *had* to be out of money, and thus should rent his garage apartment which has sat empty for almost  a year.  Lots to be sad about there - the wasted home as he waited for "the right sort", the constant insulting, and his veiled fear of me being too far away as he gets old (which he expresses by "telling it like it is, AKA being extremely insulting).

Also I'm already a mere 20 minutes away, I've popped over several times.  I'm also doing fine, considering, he just can't comprehend not buying expensive food and tech toys.  I explained all this several times, so of course he gave me a deadline to "think it over".

So the day before the deadline I'm honestly milling it over.  It's a crap deal for me, but maybe I'm worried enough about him to suck up my pride and do the good thing.  When his partner calls me up and... gives the whole spiel.  Now, she's great and I love her, but she treats conversations like a lecture.  Gish-galloping to a T, moving from point to point in the same breath before you can even figure out a response, much less fit one in.  I hate to speak over people but I was upset enough to do so, making her stop on certain points and actually discuss them.  And I think it ended up being a good conversation, overall.  I made a point of agreeing with the parts I honestly agreed with, and expressed my doubts about other parts.  In the end I basically still said "no, thanks", but I considered it a fucking hour well spent.

Then got drunk, like I often do after I interact with my parents.  Only for dad to slide into my Skype messages to talk about the times when "men did business with men".
He called me an unmanly.  Like it was some insult.  I was the bigger person and stopped responding, but... fuck, he's constantly bringing up gender stereotypes whenever I visit.  Often about his partner, or women voters, or especially when I try to speak up for trans people... he usually stops before attacking my own identity (besides making light of my male-attraction an uncomfortable amount) but he gets mean when he doesn't get his way.

How much of all that am I just pretending to be okay with?  How much of me is he just pretending to be okay with?
All I know is that it's a waste of my time and attempted sobriety to spend an hour saying "no" as politely as possible, only to get emotionally abused.

And gods, now I can't stop thinking about how scared he is.  I want to help, but it's not that simple!  I'd be right back to drinking  myself to death.

This was all about two weeks ago.  I drank a bit, bottled it up, and stopped thinking about it.  Ignoring texts from his partner because I didn't want to see them.  Until I was talking to my brother this morning about his own problems and suddenly this all welled up in a frantic rant, like emotional vomit.

Things seemed so much simpler when I drank all the time, but they weren't...

tldr; Dad misgendered me over a stupid money thing, and people wonder why the statistic is so high
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118662 on: July 22, 2020, 08:09:56 am »

Dude you are fine. I mean, you really are. I know pepole not speaking to their parents anymore for far less.

Over your posts seems like hes kinda a dick. Despite whatever beliefs I hold, I would love my kid and be proud of him as long is a good hearted man.

Like I said before to you, drinking wont help but as a temporal scape but then a shortcut to more bad feelings. Im not saying dont drink at all, but that could help. Im saying drink less.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:12:38 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118663 on: July 22, 2020, 09:38:22 am »

Yeah, a lot of parents want a lot of control. If you're getting this stressed out from dealing with them, it's probably worth taking a break from talking to them for a while. Just take some time to take care of yourself for a bit.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 09:34:20 pm by Iduno »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118664 on: July 22, 2020, 07:47:04 pm »

It's not enough for me to just help him.  He has to frame it as me needing help.  Which is so ludicrous it borders on "the big lie":  He's asking me to move out of my home and pay him rent, then make a profit from my previous room.  But at the same time, he's on my case because I already have a vacancy as of recently.

It makes no sense at all, and it doesn't need to.  It's a transparent plea for help.
I want to play along so bad...  I want to be good.  But I know what happens every time I over-commit like that.  I literally become unstable.  It works for a while, until it suddenly doesn't.  Mental health is real... 

And taking basic care of myself isn't evil, it's not.  It's not.  I'm not.  I'm not evil.  Still rings hollow, but it helps a little. 

I guess I could take solace in the fact that he wants me to become a leech landlord like him, in order to support a lifestyle of being his caretaker.  Hand it all over to a middleperson, and barely think about it... my HOME... except as a monthly check.  We used to do repairs on his property together when I was in college, but not for a long time.  He has no interaction with "his" tenants.

I feel like I'm using a political angle to distract myself, but it still helps.  I do all the maintenance here by hand, including electronics and plumbing. 
Using what he taught me.  He taught me so many trades.

I feel so beholden to him, and yet he put gma in a home rather than his guest room.

(While it's nice to be heard, I'd appreciate if this and my previous message weren't quoted.  He knows my handle and that I'm here.  And while I wouldn't mind him spying this right now, I'd rather not have him stumble across it later.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7909 7910 [7911] 7912 7913 ... 8156