Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7918 7919 [7920] 7921 7922 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573486 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118785 on: August 19, 2020, 01:43:04 pm »

At any rate discussing raped minors and abortion is fucking depressing. Now I'm below the floor.

There’s a terrible joke in there.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118786 on: August 19, 2020, 02:06:21 pm »

You are a Sun Hector. Thanks.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118787 on: August 19, 2020, 03:10:46 pm »

Yeah I'm pretty tired of parents insisting that protecting one's genetic offspring is the ultimate Correct Morality and pushing that idea on everyone else.  You can't openly question it though without being "loathsome".

If you talk about it like dragdeler does then I am not surprised
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118788 on: August 19, 2020, 03:50:58 pm »

I have deep wells of anger and hurt about the topic and am considering writing a far less filtered response as a private exercise.

But I mostly responded because it was nice to feel a little emotion today.  I've been struggling to get anything done, I just want to curl up.  Being able to push back a little against the cultural/family expectations which fill my darker moments just *felt good*, it was *indulgent* and I truly didn't mean to escalate.  I hope.  Whatever, I was attacking an idea not a person.  Discussion seemed a little one-sided anyway.

So uh yeah, time to force myself away from the computer for a bit.  Maybe this even broke the funk.  Sorry, I'm not well.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118789 on: August 19, 2020, 04:35:23 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:54:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118790 on: August 19, 2020, 04:43:55 pm »

It's kind of hard to believe we're having an open discussion if not speaking about the phenomenon in rose-tinted notions is such a taboo. As I tried to transmit multiple times during the debate, I think it is to be expected that both our understanding and abilities will evolve to such a degree that many of the distinctions we currently hold dear will become oversimplifications. What if somebody one day thinks it's a good idea to grow out all abortions outside of the whoom in a lab, just because we can and supposedly it would be partaking in a killing not to? I sure as shit wouldn't want to swap places with these kids.

I'm sorry rolan  :-\ rest up or something, I sure as shit let my mood talk today.
There is a reason abortions are conducted. If we prevent every abortion, and force every pregnancy to go through, many children would be with someone not ready/able to care for a child. There are many humans in this world already. People shouldn’t be forced to have children if they don’t wish to

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118791 on: August 19, 2020, 05:45:36 pm »

At any rate discussing raped minors and abortion is fucking depressing. Now I'm below the floor.

How do they do politics in your country?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118792 on: August 19, 2020, 07:17:57 pm »

How do they do politics in your country?
...Poorly, as he has documented at length many times...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118793 on: August 26, 2020, 07:59:03 am »

Body... not... acostumed to excess carbs and fats...

Stomach cramps.... abdominal pain.... sligth fever...

Just another lovely day ahead.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118794 on: August 26, 2020, 05:17:39 pm »

Mom answered the door late at night to weird noises at the door.  Since she got there first and it was a windy night, I had just assumed it was nothing.  (EDIT:The dog has a tendancy to dream something's at the door and freak out, or hear leaves rustling and it seemed at first this was what happened.)  I was just holding the dog in case it was an animal or something outside so that the dog wouldn't crash through the screen and run outside.  She looked through the peephole and grabbed the phone and apparently called the police.  I asked what it was and she didn't answer right away.

Turns out it was a crying woman asking to use our phone.  Since mom was already on the phone with the police, and didn't recognize her, she refused.  But wouldn't let me near the door to talk to her.  I got a glance of her out the window and recognized her as a woman from down the street, but by the time I convinced mom to let me out to talk to her she was already gone.  I heard noise down the road of a slamming door and some yelling but couldn't place what house it was, as we thought she had left in the other direction and wasn't looking the right way to see anything. I also didn't remember what house I had seen her from before as it was over a year ago.

Since mom didn't recognize her at all, and I didn't know what house the noises came from police couldn't do anything when they arrived.  I hope she's alright and am sad that I couldn't do more.  (EDIT: Mom tells me that she smelled alcohol on her and that she was probably just drunk and came to the wrong house but I'm less convinced.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 05:23:06 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118795 on: August 26, 2020, 06:46:01 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:54:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118796 on: August 26, 2020, 07:11:32 pm »

You're lucky he wasn't one of those hitchhiker murdering bi-psycho-lists. Can't trust 'em, two wheels bad, four wheels good.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118797 on: August 26, 2020, 07:29:14 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:54:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #118798 on: August 27, 2020, 02:46:34 pm »

Just got confirmation that my cousin's very premature son is going into Baby Hospice tomorrow. It isn't unexpected, but they were going to try to push him through this crisis until the doctors figured out that he probably wouldn't make it to three.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118799 on: August 27, 2020, 03:39:14 pm »

Just got confirmation that my cousin's very premature son is going into Baby Hospice tomorrow. It isn't unexpected, but they were going to try to push him through this crisis until the doctors figured out that he probably wouldn't make it to three.
He will be in our prayers Shonus.
Pages: 1 ... 7918 7919 [7920] 7921 7922 ... 8156