Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7919 7920 [7921] 7922 7923 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572934 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118800 on: August 28, 2020, 02:34:55 am »

I feel like Russia is heading into the same pathetic state as Venezuela. Covid hit our economy pretty hard, there is widespread militancy against the Putinist government, the near-total decay of whatever was left of the democratic process... I can only hope that whatever revolution is brewing isn't communist because that would honestly be even worse. I would leave the country ASAP.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118801 on: August 28, 2020, 07:44:57 am »

Have your papers in order. This includes first and foremost your passport, but also everything else you can think of, you birth certificate, your marriage/divorce act if thats the case, your university title, pensum and califications,  even your driver licence, high school diploma, everything.

Have them all internationaly certified, all of them (except the passport wich is already an international document hence is not neded to do so). This is done using the Apostille Convention thingy. Look for how to get it for all your papers, ALL, even high school grades, you migth never know what you will need and if you could ever get back to your country or if you enter some kind of list for leaving or trying to leave, if you can try to get several copies of important documents like the birth certificated  and have them all with their respective apostille, then have more copies of them not necesarily apostilled but always original and certified (as in emited by the official organization of your goverment to do so, with stamps or whatever you use and all that, and not just photocopies) for uses were the document migth be required to stay within the organization of the country you will be going. In this case try always to leave a photocopy anyway if possible, if not posible then one of those original documents, and only if is an absolutely must and required by their laws, leave a apostilled document. Oh scan all of them and have them in both a flash drive and a email so you can never enterily lose them.

Make this for every member of your inmediate family spouse, children, brothers and sisters that still are minors or live with you, your parents, basically all who whish to be prepared, even death certificate if sadly thats the case with any of your parents or spouse. Adivce all you other family to start doing this too.

Buy US dollars, or in your case Euros most likely or any other currency that is stable and of high value and is widely accepted on your country besides... dunno in spanish your money is called Rublos. Well, besides that, maybe is dollars. US dollars are kinda universal anyway.

Have canned food for whatever long you migth think your nuclear family would need to walk from your location to the nearest or most practical border or werever you think exiting the country.

Yes, I wrote walk. Do the maths, people can walk in average 5km per hour this is less if you have toddlers, eldery or sick. Divide the distance by the average you think you can cover daily and have that much food and water.

You can go by days without eating but not walking that much or doing any physical work and not eating, You cannot pass much without drinking, try to prioritize water over food, you can calm a lot of hunger for a while just by drinking, trust me.

Have the food to have a high caloric input but try to avoid anything that would give you the runs, that would be counter productive.

Ok maybe if you leave before much shit hit the ground you can avoid the last part entirely, which is what I recommend. I wasnt as quickly and once I started the goverment already had put so many blocks to the first part that it took a huge toll of work and time to get barelly the most basic papers and they simply refuse to give me my sons passport so I cant take him out of the country or get him into another country legally at any rate. And then everything snowballed into this huge fucking mess.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118802 on: August 28, 2020, 07:57:07 am »

I feel like Russia is heading into the same pathetic state as Venezuela. Covid hit our economy pretty hard, there is widespread militancy against the Putinist government, the near-total decay of whatever was left of the democratic process... I can only hope that whatever revolution is brewing isn't communist because that would honestly be even worse. I would leave the country ASAP.
I'm going to be honest, I would seriously recommend leaving now. Russia is not in a sustainable equilibrium right now as far as I can tell. You probably have years in principle, but it would be better to leave too soon than too late.

The equilibrium shift might be beneficial, but I can't predict it, and the testimony of the handful of Russians I know strongly suggests it won't be.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #118803 on: August 28, 2020, 08:10:10 am »

The closest borders are Kazakhstan and Mongolia... still hundreds of kilometers away. Both poor countries. Kazakhstan is also becoming unstable (it's also an outright dictatorship, Mongolia is a free democracy but why the hell would I want to move there, their HDI is in the toilet compared to anywhere else I'd consider as a destination and they're technologically backwards). Honestly I think I have a few more years to finish college as it's not collapsing that fast (more of a slow-burn kind of collapse). Then I and my family will likely take a plane to a decent country that accepts refugees.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 08:19:39 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118804 on: August 28, 2020, 08:14:05 am »

Also Russian here. I have the same plan.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118805 on: August 28, 2020, 08:38:20 am »

Still wholeheartly I commend you, start preparing all your papers NOW, so the day you graduate from college those papers are the only things remaining to be done.

My closest border crossing is around 400km away, the closest legal one is around 750km away. People have walked that and much more. I only say be prepared and if that day comes, which I wish with all my hearth dont, hope is not winter.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118806 on: August 31, 2020, 03:49:48 am »

I'm fucking everything up for myself again.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118807 on: August 31, 2020, 07:48:27 pm »

You aren't.  You- your friends take that brunt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNWWJKiyOF8
*drunk*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118808 on: September 01, 2020, 12:12:20 am »

-textual self-flagellation-   
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 01:09:12 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #118809 on: September 01, 2020, 02:13:44 am »

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118810 on: September 03, 2020, 04:30:30 am »

Took vacation for a week, but it’s left me feeling more overwhelmed than ever.

I’m tired of people hovering over my shoulder all the time, telling me I can’t be left alone or how much of a loser they think I am, but I can’t afford to move out.

But it’s been like this for years, and I don’t feel like this will ever change. I just want to be alone.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 04:35:18 am by BlackFlyme »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118811 on: September 03, 2020, 05:30:13 am »

Let's binge-watch some primitive construction videos on Youtube then go bush and build a log cabin or some shit.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118812 on: September 03, 2020, 03:43:56 pm »

Re: Thread title

Weird shit. Shit I can't really even talk about here on the board. But it's got me pretty exhausted and is chewing away at what self-esteem I do have.

Why do people have to be, y'know... People?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118813 on: September 03, 2020, 04:03:45 pm »

As an autistic man press ganged into the service industry I ask myself that every day.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118814 on: September 03, 2020, 04:05:29 pm »

As an autistic man press ganged into the service industry I ask myself that every day.
What is meant by press ganged? Did a local news network coerce you into a customer service job?
Pages: 1 ... 7919 7920 [7921] 7922 7923 ... 8156