Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7924 7925 [7926] 7927 7928 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8564823 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118875 on: September 17, 2020, 07:17:14 am »

Seriously, consider manufacturing a gassifier.

At the very least, it will let you continue to eke out some needed electricity using small generators, and if you have old hoopties in the area (which will probably get abandoned without fuel to run them) that use carburetors,  you can run them on the wood gas, albeit at much lower horse power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyTqo4mCUUY

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:20:41 am by wierd »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118876 on: September 17, 2020, 07:50:36 am »

Been watching some animal rescue videos recently. Like who the fuck does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jug2ZrTnQ4

Generally animal rescuers will be people who don't want animals to be neglected or abused
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118877 on: September 17, 2020, 09:22:29 am »

I mean the people who sealed a bunch of cats in boxes then dumped them, not the rescuers.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118878 on: September 17, 2020, 11:39:43 am »

Owww that video... really I cant wrap my mind about how someone could even do that to some animal like that. That is a psyco alert rigth there.

And for the gassifier... I have seen into somethings but well, people have been jailed trying to do that kind of stuff based on being dangerous, unlicenced and fire hazards.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118879 on: September 17, 2020, 11:58:59 am »

Got stitches from a mole removal. They sting a bit and itch a lot, and I can't scratch them.

At least they've stopped bleeding.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118880 on: September 17, 2020, 12:05:17 pm »

Mole removal? Was it a cosmetic thing or removing something dangerous?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118881 on: September 17, 2020, 12:06:15 pm »

It looked a little funny. They basically said "Probably nothing, we'll remove it just to be sure"
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118882 on: September 17, 2020, 12:07:30 pm »

Moles can be pretty vicious. Their powerful claws can dig through flesh as fast as through earth. Removing them from their lairs without protection is dangerous
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118883 on: September 17, 2020, 04:21:06 pm »

Owww that video... really I cant wrap my mind about how someone could even do that to some animal like that. That is a psyco alert rigth there.

Actually I got to thinking that they might have been "excess stock" from some kitten farming operation.

https://boughtbymany.com/news/article/lucys-law-banning-pet-shops-selling-puppies-and-kittens/

On the 6 April, the Government introduced new legislation to improve the welfare of pets by banning third-party sale of puppies and kittens in England.

This is known as Lucy's Law and means it's now illegal for commercial dealers to sell puppies and kittens unless they have bred the animals themselves. Anyone wanting to get a new puppy or kitten in England must buy direct from a breeder or consider adopting from a rescue centre instead.

The cats were in too-good condition and 10+ kittens with identical coloring?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118884 on: September 18, 2020, 03:12:58 am »

I'm regretting not nipping my OCD in the bud sooner. It would've been so much easier to do 4 months ago or even 2 months ago. I was even going to treatment for some of that time. I feel like I didn't do enough and like a moron.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118885 on: September 18, 2020, 07:15:03 am »

This dude was actually trying to make gasoline somehow.... he had oil (as in petroleum) and all.
https://cactus24.com.ve/detenido-por-fabricar-gasolina-casera-en-mene-mauroa/
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118886 on: September 18, 2020, 07:21:02 am »

This dude was actually trying to make gasoline somehow.... he had oil (as in petroleum) and all.
https://cactus24.com.ve/detenido-por-fabricar-gasolina-casera-en-mene-mauroa/
The physical principles aren't that hard, but I definitely don't recommend it. If you want to homebrew your oil, you really should buy a diesel instead.

Of course I recognise this is not helpful in your situation, but I'm speaking generally. I'm afraid I don't have any good advice for you personally, though I have been paying attention to your story and continue to wish you luck.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118887 on: September 18, 2020, 07:33:45 am »

Thanks! And yeah, diesel cars are very rare here because gasoline was so cheap and all, in fact cars from the 60's and 70's are kinda common on the streets and their high gasoline consume was not issue because of it.

When the first nationwide black out hit us many how could bougth gasoline power plants but soon after the gas scarcity became a problem rendering them useless.

Diesel on the other hand is easier to produce and is still being made at some capacity by PDVSA, but not as much as needed anyway.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118888 on: September 18, 2020, 07:35:59 am »

Thanks! And yeah, diesel cars are very rare here because gasoline was so cheap and all, in fact cars from the 60's and 70's are kinda common on the streets and their high gasoline consume was not issue because of it.

When the first nationwide black out hit us many how could bougth gasoline power plants but soon after the gas scarcity became a problem rendering them useless.

Diesel on the other hand is easier to produce and is still being made at some capacity by PDVSA, but not as much as needed anyway.
The thing about diesel engines, mainly, is that they can trivially be made to run on other oil-based fuels without the serious side effects that your standard gasoline engine would suffer. A guy on my road runs tractors on used cooking oil, which is actually a really commonplace thing because restaurants throw out so much of it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118889 on: September 18, 2020, 08:08:12 am »

The thing about diesel engines, mainly, is that they can trivially be made to run on other oil-based fuels without the serious side effects that your standard gasoline engine would suffer. A guy on my road runs tractors on used cooking oil, which is actually a really commonplace thing because restaurants throw out so much of it.
Not true anymore. Those are *old* diesel engines. Modern diesel engines arenīt fuel-interchangeable anymore.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7924 7925 [7926] 7927 7928 ... 8155