Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7934 7935 [7936] 7937 7938 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8550036 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119025 on: November 13, 2020, 01:22:01 pm »

Two months of fear and anxiety finally culminated in my mom being diagnosed with squamous cell cancer of unknown origin.  She was generally unwell, with a swollen lymph node in her neck.  Doctors tested her for and confirmed strep throat, so they gave her antibiotics, which didn't help.  Then another set of antibiotics when she tested positive again.  When she still saw no improvement, she was referred to another doctor that got an ultrasound and CT scan, which led them to doing a needle biopsy of the node.  He was pretty sure it was lymphoma, so I was already accepting what I believed to be the worst case, but I'm pretty sure this is even worse.

Don't know when she will get the needed PET scan and oncologist appointment to assess how bad it really is.  Probably not today.  Takes weeks to get anything done in the medical field, even with urgent cases like this.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #119026 on: November 13, 2020, 06:00:46 pm »

Sorry to hear Telgin. Best of luck to both of you.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119027 on: November 13, 2020, 06:25:04 pm »

Crap, the best of lucks to both of you. Just, keep strong brother.

My own sad is prettt stupid in comparison. Tonigth I have to sleep out for work reasons and left peter crying his heart out because he wanted to either come with me or for me to stay. Stupid poverty.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 06:40:43 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119028 on: November 13, 2020, 07:12:27 pm »

I'll suplex anyone that tells me my kid crying because he wants to spend time with me and can't because I'm at/going to work or something isn't the saddest thing to ever happen to anyone.

I know how to suplex, I watched Blade 2.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119029 on: November 13, 2020, 08:10:06 pm »

My Psoriasis is beginning to get to me. Not physically - we're well past that point - but mentally. At first there was something almost funny watching the miniapocalypse of my skin. We're also well past that point. I finally got my medicine back so that'll hopefully help on... most of it, but it's started spreading to places I don't think I can put medicine on (I'm half-convinced it's on my face, there's a red mark at the corner of my nose that hasn't gone away since I shaved a week ago, and the skin is a little... it looks like it's peeling a bit, which is a bad sign. And it's on my belly again, where I refuse to use my medicine there after it left hideous purple scarring (which are apparently stretch marks? But I didn't have stretch marks there!); it's "skin thinning". It's extremely demoralizing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119030 on: November 15, 2020, 08:58:57 am »

I'm falling apart and I don't know what to do.
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119031 on: November 15, 2020, 12:00:39 pm »

Do you mean mentally, physically, emotionally? If physically, a hospital would be where you’d go. It is likely mentally though. What exactly is falling apart? Maybe we can help?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119032 on: November 15, 2020, 01:15:29 pm »

Well both but mostly because of mental shit. But no you probably can't help, I'm just in very dire need of attention and I don't know where else to turn because I have no healthy outlets or connections.

So I post for attention and then I feel bad about that too since I don't want to be the guy who just posts for attention without actually wanting to take advice but just feel bad about himself, but that is the guy I am so I'm sorry for that, I know it's tiring to be on the other end of.

But I don't know what to do with anything
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119033 on: November 15, 2020, 01:24:27 pm »

I have no healthy outlets or connections.
Hey! That is hurtful. We are after all prety healthy. Low on sodium and all that....

Sorry you feel like that scriver. Dont ever feel bad about posting here. I understand how you migth feel, sometimes I do feel like that after posting here, but found out writing up my feelings and thougths help me a lot to release steam and analyse them better later and try to rectify.

At misko. Sorry to hear that dude. I would like there could be something I could do to help.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119034 on: November 15, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »

Thanks man. It helps to just get responses from people here. It just feels like I'm being all ulterior-motivitive when I post. So when say NG or you ask what they can do to help I feel like I've been dishonest or something. But I just want to be seen and listened to in itself.
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119035 on: November 15, 2020, 03:21:49 pm »

If posting here helps you, continue doing so. No need to feel bad about it. I posted a couple stream of consciousness thoughts here, one on this thread and one on the WTF thread. It got the thoughts out there and helped me physically express the emotions I felt

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119036 on: November 15, 2020, 03:59:57 pm »

I was gonna say who the fuck is NG (those initials by themselves bring bad feelings for me because of our human rigths violating national guard). Then saw naturegirl. Welcome back!

Scriver keep posting pal, that is what this thread is for, even for feeling from this very same thread.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 04:02:36 pm by LordBaal »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119037 on: November 16, 2020, 04:22:51 pm »

Meetup.Com has literally nothing for me.  Either it's something I'm not interested in, something that excludes me (women only or seniors only or whatever), or cannot fit my shitty retail work schedule.

I don't know why I bother checking anyway.  Just another wall in the cage that is my life.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119038 on: November 16, 2020, 04:37:06 pm »

And what it is what you are looking for? Is you can say of course.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119039 on: November 16, 2020, 04:43:07 pm »

And what it is what you are looking for? Is you can say of course.

The only way to meet people anymore is preplanned sterilized group activities or having a good resume on a dating site.  Now obviously B isn't going to work ever, but even A is locked away from my interests or my time.  I'm just not allowed to spend time outside of a book, work, or my comp at home.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 7934 7935 [7936] 7937 7938 ... 8155