Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7935 7936 [7937] 7938 7939 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573207 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119040 on: November 16, 2020, 05:33:27 pm »

And what it is what you are looking for? Is you can say of course.

The only way to meet people anymore is preplanned sterilized group activities or having a good resume on a dating site.  Now obviously B isn't going to work ever, but even A is locked away from my interests or my time.  I'm just not allowed to spend time outside of a book, work, or my comp at home.
Im sure there is some girl or boy out there that will be compatible with that.

And by the way those 2 arent the only options, just the easier two, were you can weed out many variables that could make interaction more difficult. Also, we all count as interactions my good men, dont forget that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119041 on: November 16, 2020, 06:54:34 pm »

And what it is what you are looking for? Is you can say of course.

The only way to meet people anymore is preplanned sterilized group activities or having a good resume on a dating site.  Now obviously B isn't going to work ever, but even A is locked away from my interests or my time.  I'm just not allowed to spend time outside of a book, work, or my comp at home.
Im sure there is some girl or boy out there that will be compatible with that.

When society removes every viable way for me to run into them, how do you expect me to meet this person, assuming they even exist at all?

And by the way those 2 aren't the only options, just the easier two, were you can weed out many variables that could make interaction more difficult.

They are the only option anymore.  Anything else is "too dangerous" or "too awkward" to be socially acceptable.  The only variables left, especially on a dating profile, are my worst traits, and ones I have very little power over changing.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119042 on: November 16, 2020, 07:18:57 pm »

What is going on with that dating site? I mean, what has been your experience with it? Set up any dates yet?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119043 on: November 16, 2020, 07:45:09 pm »

What is going on with that dating site? I mean, what has been your experience with it? Set up any dates yet?

Its literally no different than searching for a job, ie it's a miserable experience.  You build your resume (your profile) out of some pictures and short text blurbs (twitter length) of your overall description and some answered questions about vague personality traits.  You then send it to hundreds of people in the random chance that they pick your resume over a hundred other ones and they contact you for an interview (a date).  In actuality your resume will not be read beyond your pictures and your main twitter blurb.  Also many of the people you see may not even be real or only there to shill their onlyfans/instagram, the owning corp cares not to vet users at all.

If you match anyone at all (you won't, I never did), then you get maybe three text messages to 'entertain' them into an actual meeting.  The other party will do the barest minimum possible to maintain this "conversation" because there's a hundred other people they could talk to instead, who might be more willing to entertain/kiss ass than you.

Meanwhile the site withholds information from you to extract money from you, and pretends this payment will get your resume viewed by more people.  You need to pay to like more people, view more people, and see if people even look at your profile at all.  Assuming the service is interested in telling you the truth, which given the real results it probably doesn't.  It's predatory rent seeking that in all honesty, is not interested in helping you succeed, as that will result in the loss of two paying customers.

All the major, well known dating sites are all owned by match.com, and essentially all practice the very same grievances.  They see lonely people and only desire to extract profits from them.  If you try going off the beaten path the site will have an even worse gender ratio (even more men), assuming it even has the user population to be even viable at all.

It's been at least a year since I've had an active profile, and I have zero interest in starting a new one, as such a service is barely capable of happiness even for average people, much less losers such as me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119044 on: November 16, 2020, 07:48:08 pm »

Speaking of girls. My potential colleen has a sister. Said sister's dog died while she was quarantining in a different city. Now their mum is hiding the dog's death, saying the dog is drinking water and they'll see how he feels tomorrow.

Wth?

The sister texted potential colleen saying she feels optimistic.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119045 on: November 16, 2020, 08:15:42 pm »

They should say that the dog died, rather than hiding the information

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119046 on: November 16, 2020, 08:16:36 pm »

Speaking of girls. My potential colleen has a sister. Said sister's dog died while she was quarantining in a different city. Now their mum is hiding the dog's death, saying the dog is drinking water and they'll see how he feels tomorrow.

Wth?

The sister texted potential colleen saying she feels optimistic.
Lets not jump to conclusions. Give it three days and see what happens.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119047 on: November 16, 2020, 08:25:33 pm »

That sounds awful indeed mr. Roboto.

And yeah, they should have told her rigth away about the dog. While they are sparing her the griveance for the moment, they are risking to add a lot of anger to the griveance latter.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119048 on: November 16, 2020, 08:42:21 pm »

That sounds awful indeed mr. Roboto.

But society embraced it anyway, and ruined any alternative.  And complaining about it no matter how valid your grievances are brands you an incel, because that's a healthy way to enforce terrible norms.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119049 on: November 16, 2020, 09:23:40 pm »

You are saying people will label you an incel if you dont have a tinder account.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119050 on: November 16, 2020, 09:35:48 pm »

You are saying people will label you an incel if you dont have a tinder account.

They will label you one if you have something bad to say about your tinder experience.  Or any site for that matter.  Because even if the system and culture is terrible and self destructive, it can only be your fault it doesn't work for you.  Never mind all the faults I listed above, because one could just have a better profile, better pictures.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119051 on: November 16, 2020, 10:46:23 pm »

But we're not exactly labeling you an incel are we, despite your complaints?

I feel like your inferiority complex may be mostly sustained on its self-feeding and self-reinforcing. Nobody should feel that bad about themselves. You should probably try talking to someone, and don't listen to the voice of your complex in your head telling you not to. Disregard it and try things and you can get better.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

PineMarten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarven Endeavours
« Reply #119052 on: November 16, 2020, 11:19:27 pm »

It rained on my bike home.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119053 on: November 16, 2020, 11:47:22 pm »

But we're not exactly labeling you an incel are we, despite your complaints?

I feel like your inferiority complex may be mostly sustained on its self-feeding and self-reinforcing. Nobody should feel that bad about themselves. You should probably try talking to someone, and don't listen to the voice of your complex in your head telling you not to. Disregard it and try things and you can get better.

Go on any dating advice forum online and that's what you'll find.  It's not even me, specifically.  Anyone who fails at online dating will face the label.

I've tried a lot of things.  If you mean speaking to a professional, I've tried four by now.  They'd mostly rather collect a paycheck every week instead of doing the hard part of helping people.  I'm seriously considering my next session with my therapist being the last, as she'd rather talk about pop culture than any real problems.  The one psychiatrist available was a quack who just abandoned me one day and left me to suffer withdrawl side effects from the pill he prescribed, and every session with him was just him threatening to hospitalize me.  Mental health is a joke in this country.

If you mean going out and speaking to people, you can't do that anymore, without being ostracized.  You need pre-determined reason to speak to anyone.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119054 on: November 17, 2020, 01:03:13 pm »

Finishing up with the QAnonAnon stuff, getting into the 2020 stuff now, the post epidemic part, where a lot of mom-bloggers suddenly got pilled on QAnon stuff, and they started constantly freaking out about the subterranean mole children battles.

With the "Q-Drops" message trail, the isolation, street chaos, and everyone devolving into madness including my landlord and room-mate, and the Mole Children conspiracy theories I feel like I'm living in Bioshock.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:05:25 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 7935 7936 [7937] 7938 7939 ... 8156