Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7939 7940 [7941] 7942 7943 ... 7957

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4574489 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119100 on: April 18, 2019, 02:08:35 am »

Workplace. Unhappy with work environment. I *need* to leave.  Last few months were bad, last few weeks have been awful.

It's funny but I've found that whenever I'm leaving the people coming at the clinic are among the first to tell that it's happening, without me saying anything.  It's also the ones I find the hardest to deal with when they ask me not to.  :-\
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #119101 on: April 18, 2019, 02:14:50 am »

You need to look after yourself before you're able to look after others. They'd understand, even if they ask you to stay first. You got anything lined up, or willing to go untethered for a little while?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119102 on: April 18, 2019, 03:27:33 am »

I'm more than willing to go untethered. Really, finding jobs is not hard in my job. I have offers, both back home and abroad. I do want to take a few months for myself though, because I'm utterly crushed by this place.

I do have to give notice as per my contract, at least three months. And furthermore, it's always hard to detach yourself, esp from the people you like. And in particular make arrangements to make sure everyone in my clinic is OK and being looked after.
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Moonlit Shadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119103 on: April 18, 2019, 12:41:57 pm »

I'd almost forgotten how it feels to live with someone who is... insert long list of adjectives that mean bad person, I guess.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #119104 on: April 18, 2019, 01:13:35 pm »

That's rough, Shadow. I hope you can get out of that situation soon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119105 on: April 18, 2019, 03:17:11 pm »

I think I may have a minor case of food poisoning, and I think it's from some orange truffles I had about... 8 hours ago. Assuming it can develop that fast. Regardless, I've got some diarrhoea-esque symptoms (I'm going to keep light on the details here), I keep burping and it's always tasting of the orange truffles (hence the suspicion), I've got some minor chills, my stomach's definitely bloated out because my belt no longer fits, I've got no appetite, I'm tired, the thought of eating makes me feel ill, and I've got general nausea.

Hopefully it goes away quickly and doesn't develop beyond this. And hopefully I don't decide to have a vomit/diarrhoea episode when someone's on the shitter or there's going to be some cleaning up to do.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119106 on: April 18, 2019, 03:37:23 pm »

I think I may have a minor case of food poisoning, and I think it's from some orange truffles I had about... 8 hours ago. Assuming it can develop that fast. Regardless, I've got some diarrhoea-esque symptoms (I'm going to keep light on the details here), I keep burping and it's always tasting of the orange truffles (hence the suspicion), I've got some minor chills, my stomach's definitely bloated out because my belt no longer fits, I've got no appetite, I'm tired, the thought of eating makes me feel ill, and I've got general nausea.

Hopefully it goes away quickly and doesn't develop beyond this. And hopefully I don't decide to have a vomit/diarrhoea episode when someone's on the shitter or there's going to be some cleaning up to do.
L'orange est mauvais?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #119107 on: April 18, 2019, 03:46:40 pm »

Resist the urge to correct... thinking about moving halfway between your previous lives or what's up Poo?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119108 on: April 18, 2019, 03:46:59 pm »

Looks like 8 hours is too short for it to be food poisoning, so probably just the normal kind. Hth.
To improve communication, all sarcasm and other jokes will be posted in a black font.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119109 on: April 18, 2019, 04:25:24 pm »

Resist the urge to correct... thinking about moving halfway between your previous lives or what's up Poo?
I started learning French by myself last week so I'm nowhere near the level of fluency needed to practice in a francophone country...

That being said, I dont rule out taking an intensive course. My overall feeling is that as a Latin based language its close enough to Spanish to make learning it easier than it would be otherwise.

We'll see. I have to think about what I'll do in the near future

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119110 on: April 18, 2019, 05:03:00 pm »

Potential landlord was supposed to get back to me with an answer on Wednesday regarding whether or not I'd been selected as the renter. It's now 00:01 on Friday, and I haven't heard a peep yet.

Which, y'know, doesn't look good. I guess that means I'm not getting this place either. Shame. That was my last lead.

Back to Square Fuck, I suppose.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119111 on: April 18, 2019, 05:12:33 pm »

HugoLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #119112 on: April 18, 2019, 05:18:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine {Active again?}
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119113 on: April 18, 2019, 05:32:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What you need to do is talk to someone. Venting about an issue to someone you trust can seriously help to relieve the pressure buildup. I've also been experimenting with pumping up the volume on angry music with headphones, and it can take some of the edge off for certain situations.

Personally, I tend towards harm methods that don't leave particularly noticeable or long-lasting marks. Helps me feel less guilty about it afterwards. It's still not great though.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119114 on: April 18, 2019, 05:47:18 pm »

I'm not going to pretend to properly understand the reasons behind self-harm. I've never had it happen to me and I've never seen it properly discussed, so I'm not sure as to why people do it. If it's based in pain, however, there are other outlets for that. At the very least, you could buy some ghost chillies and eat them. If it's something else, well, I'm not much help.

But talk to someone. Someone you know you can trust. If they've been through it themselves (BUT ARE NOT ACTIVELY SELF-HARMING! If they are from what I've been told it can be comforting to talk to them, but it causes both of you to tend to feed off of one another), then it's likely they'll have a much better response because they know what it's like. Failing that, family. If they aren't responding well, friends. If they don't, then it's probably time to go to a mental health professional or a doctor.
Pages: 1 ... 7939 7940 [7941] 7942 7943 ... 7957