Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7941 7942 [7943] 7944 7945 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473869 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119130 on: December 21, 2020, 11:22:30 am »

Honestly in the UK and Ireland there's an inertia to the system. It might be that the paperwork was already filled or that it was mentioned off hand to a junior doctor (no idea how juniors work for gps) and they did it anyway... I'd not pay it too much mind.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119131 on: December 21, 2020, 11:26:05 am »

I'm paying it mind because I'm depressed, suicidally so in the past, and I'm being bounced around a system because the fucking idiots decided I needed to do something useless without telling me, and now I can't access the therapy that I *do* need because of this cockup for at least a year and a half. Unless I want to start burning my money on the pyre of private therapy.

Could just jump off a bridge, it'd be a much faster way to stop being depressed and significantly less infuriating.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119132 on: December 21, 2020, 11:33:55 am »

I would call that psychotherapist and once again explain the situation calmly, and kindly demand the discharge is undone.
If friendly conversation doesn't get you there, threaten with malpractice lawsuit.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119133 on: December 21, 2020, 11:37:39 am »

I'm a bit too pissed off right now to deal with it, either later or tomorrow I'm going to put everything in order just to make sure I've got a sort of script to follow if they start asking questions, then I'll call my GP, see what their response is because they're much more likely to get through to the service than I am (Historically they've never answered the phone or responded to voicemails I've left them, but responded to my GP sending them messages), and then if needs be I'll call the service after that.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119134 on: December 21, 2020, 11:39:16 am »

Let the anger cool down a bit yeah.
But not all of it, you are rightfully pissed off.

Completely unrelated: Whatever happened to your greatorder account?  Every time I browse the general discussion forum, I can't help but wonder why your name is in white letters.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:41:16 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119135 on: December 21, 2020, 11:57:19 am »

Yeah, never argue while angry, make promises while happy...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119136 on: December 22, 2020, 12:22:37 am »

Fuck Christmas. One of my shitbag brothers was invited here for a visit. Guess I'm staying in this sweltering little room at the front of the house for the next few days.   

Also, I still haven't managed to find a new fix for the god-awful new Steam client, after Valve decided to twist the knife by breaking all the old workarounds. I can't even play the fucking games in my library to pass the time.   
Maybe I'll have to buy shit from GoG or something.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #119137 on: December 22, 2020, 02:03:26 am »

Completely unrelated: Whatever happened to your greatorder account?  Every time I browse the general discussion forum, I can't help but wonder why your name is in white letters.

IIRC, GO requested it deleted? That's what the whole greatdisorder forum quote problem was about, right?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119138 on: December 22, 2020, 07:42:26 am »

I guess I must have missed that whole debacle. I have been less active online for a period of time some two years ago.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #119139 on: December 22, 2020, 10:28:56 am »

And the threads are STILL affected by it
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119140 on: December 22, 2020, 12:31:18 pm »

I guess I must have missed that whole debacle. I have been less active online for a period of time some two years ago.

Same here. I am going to assume that I should be blissfully ignorant.
This is a blank sig.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119141 on: December 22, 2020, 12:48:21 pm »

I honestly don't remember there being a specific drama, my impression was just that GO wanted to clear out years of old posts.  Which is a fine and normal thing to want to do, people change a lot over time!  I've certainly considered it, though opted for a more selective approach.

It'd be nice to make links work in the affected threads.  I still say it's theoretically possible, but it's not like I've looked into SMF's code yet.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119142 on: December 22, 2020, 09:24:00 pm »

IIRC, GO requested it deleted? That's what the whole greatdisorder forum quote problem was about, right?

Yeah, it was a reasonable thing to want, Toady agreed, and then the forum software went nuts about it.

Greatorder technically caused it, but the forum software is obviously the one at fault.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #119143 on: December 23, 2020, 06:28:40 am »

To the asshole in the lime green Zhiguli who ran over a turtle, that I was trying to save: screw you. You're a prick! You on purpose swerved, to hit it. I was crossing a sidewalk and ran back again, once I noticed a turtle behind me. The other cars missed it. But YOU DELIBERATELY STEERED YOUR STUPID CAR, TO RUN IT OVER! And you did a crap job of that because I'm sure I saw it twitch for a small while, after you did. Who hurt you as a child?
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119144 on: December 23, 2020, 06:43:17 am »

Some people are just psychopaths.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 7941 7942 [7943] 7944 7945 ... 8153