Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7942 7943 [7944] 7945 7946 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472125 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119145 on: December 23, 2020, 07:04:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:15:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #119146 on: December 23, 2020, 07:24:17 am »

Orrrr you could not run over animals on purpose. He could have stayed in the lane.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119147 on: December 23, 2020, 07:39:53 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:14:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119148 on: December 23, 2020, 09:37:32 am »

I feel like the trees in my back yard are convalescing.  It seems like massive branches are dead and breaking off, and there's not enough new growth to replace those trees.

Maybe it's just that fallen branches are more visible, I dunno.  Circle of life?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119149 on: December 23, 2020, 10:41:51 am »

Which kind of threes? How old? Maybe some fertilizer and branching could help.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119150 on: December 23, 2020, 11:34:23 am »

Which kind of 3s? How old? Maybe some fertilizer and branching could help.
Or addition
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119151 on: December 23, 2020, 02:12:36 pm »

The only ones I can identify are black walnut, boxelder maple, mulberry, and cottonwood.  There is another prominent type that I haven't bothered to identify yet.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119152 on: December 23, 2020, 07:01:27 pm »

I just checked the statistic center for the first time. I did not like what I saw.

This communities heyday was a decade ago. The new post count on 2020 is nowhere near the 2010, let alone 2008, which when this place begun existing as far as I can tell.

Maybe we'll witness the very slow heat death of a legendary forum, or maybe it'll take so long that we will have all but moved on when it happens.

Who knows?

But as the new counts probably going even lower each day, let's just say that everything has an end, and this particular ending will not be a legendary one.

It will be slow, cold and desolate. One day, after all is said and done, it'll stop.

But let's drop the melodrama, as long as DF lives, Bay12 keeps going too, right? Maybe the Steam release bring in fresh blood, who knows?

tldr: Everything has an end. This place will one day end too.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #119153 on: December 23, 2020, 07:28:50 pm »

It's just the way things go these days I think. A messageboard is less interesting when people can just make their own discords or follow eachother on twitter.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119154 on: December 23, 2020, 07:31:33 pm »

Wait... do people still use Twitter? The Discord part is definitely a thing, though.   
I personally much prefer a good ol' fashioned forum, but I think I'm in the minority. :'(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119155 on: December 23, 2020, 07:31:45 pm »

BOAH. 2008 was barely even when we migrated over to the new forum code to handle all the new recruits we'd been experiencing, let alone when this place first sparked into being.

And then we were doing just fine with our wonky forum games (without their own subforum even!) and our getting attacked by bizarre spambots and having Toady rewrite their sales pitches into comedy, when all y'all whippersnappers started showin' up with yer ponies an' yer Annie-May an' yer movin' fortresses an' all...

Sheeeit, I got pubes older'n you, boah! This place is gonna stick around for some time, and when the blazing cacophony of the recent rushes have died down a bit it'll be safer for us old fogeys to come out of the woodworks and start posting again without everything getting drowned in a deluge of new threads and posts.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #119156 on: December 23, 2020, 07:33:22 pm »

It's just the way things go these days I think. A messageboard is less interesting when people can just make their own discords or follow eachother on twitter.

It has more to do with the fact that this board remains centered around Dwarf Fortress even if there's a lot of people who no longer have any connection to the game. That means that community replacement is slow as people inevitably drop out. Forums retain their niche, even if Something Awful would have died this year if the coup had failed.

That said, I've seen a lot of people around here recently that I haven't seen in quite some time. You, for example.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #119157 on: December 23, 2020, 07:34:49 pm »

Yeah I've felt kinda nostalgic lately. So I wanted to see how things are going, though I do have to admit this is the quietest I've ever seen the place in a long time.

I really haven't started the game up in forever and a half, usually if I want that sorta gameplay I just play rimworld these days. I still like DF, I just think over time my tolerance for it's UI issues has sort of fell off a cliff. Which sucks since sometimes I do miss it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #119158 on: December 23, 2020, 07:57:19 pm »

Times change
Interests change
And like life, people come and go

Though with an accessible steam release some undefined period of time for now, maybe we’ll see some revitalization around here.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #119159 on: December 23, 2020, 08:00:19 pm »

whats df
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 7942 7943 [7944] 7945 7946 ... 8153