Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7953 7954 [7955] 7956 7957 ... 7963

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4603730 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119310 on: May 17, 2019, 05:34:54 am »

Me and Trekkin causing a stink, or Is Comrade Maduro being a douche canoe again?

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119311 on: May 17, 2019, 06:11:46 am »

That was a lot of vitriol for the Common Man, Wierd. Though somewhat understandable in context.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119312 on: May 17, 2019, 06:22:42 am »

My faith in the common american to know much about anything going on in the rest of the world, or to have an informed opinion on things other than beer, what kind of sex they like, or their favorite celebrity, has been eroded to pessimistic levels.

Sadly, the kinds of social media posts they curate on the news when they do their social media hurrah segment only reinforces this. It's almost like they purposefully select for people that belong on Maury Povich.  It might be bias on my end, but it is hard for me to determine where my bias begins, and where the actual horror in society begins, to make a truly rational opinion.

I will just assert instead that they are capable of doing better, and SHOULD be doing better.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119313 on: May 17, 2019, 12:53:01 pm »

Oddly Maduro is the least of my problems rigth now. Is at work, where I've been working without food or water from 7:00 am to 4 or 5 pm, no pause for lunch because no lunch, for about 3 months already.

On top of this and the progresive destruction of my body and health loss for going weeks without eating but meager breakfasts and ligth dinners add that Im being blamed on all the errors and details on a remodelation because.

I was told to be on the watch, noting got stolen, I wanst told I was quality assurance, less so on construction wich us something I know not really much. It was apparently a 5k US$ , which is a fuck huge thing here, well beyond my life expectancy with current income.

I couldn't care less because we are leaving  soon, although my wife has been trying to recoil from the plan lately. Sadly, I'm an idiot with too much sense of responsibility and this kind of things dry me up emotionally,  perhaps because I'm already in a pretty bad spot.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119314 on: May 17, 2019, 03:07:30 pm »

My faith in the common american to know much about anything going on in the rest of the world, or to have an informed opinion on things other than beer, what kind of sex they like, or their favorite celebrity, has been eroded to pessimistic levels.

Sadly, the kinds of social media posts they curate on the news when they do their social media hurrah segment only reinforces this. It's almost like they purposefully select for people that belong on Maury Povich.  It might be bias on my end, but it is hard for me to determine where my bias begins, and where the actual horror in society begins, to make a truly rational opinion.

I will just assert instead that they are capable of doing better, and SHOULD be doing better.

So yes, the news is dumb and wrong and reports for shock value rather than accuracy, in part because it's profitable but mostly because accuracy is not an achievable end goal when your audience has finite time to read your stories. The best it can do is bring things to your attention. The only person who can hand you an accurate understanding of events is you. Similarly, yeah, people's social media posts sound stupid. You're missing a lifetime of context to them.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119315 on: May 17, 2019, 06:52:45 pm »

I'm at the end of my willpower.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119316 on: May 17, 2019, 07:34:41 pm »

I just lost the last friend that hasn't already flee or died here. Sure the day ended up being really shitty. Now Im babysiting my niece besides watching peter, haven't taken a bath and have a pile of laundry to tackle. The wife is helping my sister to wash. All this because I happen to have water and power at the same freaking time, something akin to a planetary alienation here.

Did I told you that there's no gas around? I don't have a car anymore but no gasoline anywhere on thw country also means no buses, no food being delivered anywhere, basically nothing.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:53:21 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
  • U want sum seed?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119317 on: May 17, 2019, 10:15:17 pm »

I just lost the last friend that hasn't already flee or died here.

Lost to what, may I ask? Hopefully it's fleeing rather than the alternative.
bloop_bleep's Moving Fortress Parts Mod!

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119318 on: May 18, 2019, 07:04:50 am »

Gone the heck outta here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119319 on: May 20, 2019, 05:25:03 am »

A friend's cat died during a fairly routine operation for a leg fracture.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119320 on: May 20, 2019, 08:36:59 am »

A friend's cat died during a fairly routine operation for a leg fracture.

First, that *is* sad. Second, What? How bad was the fracture that they needed to operate?
To improve communication, all sarcasm and other jokes will be posted in a black font.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119321 on: May 20, 2019, 11:27:49 am »

...dunno about cats but in humans many (dare I say most?) fractures would require some form of surgery
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119322 on: May 20, 2019, 11:57:25 am »

Dunno about "most". I'm not exactly a usable sample size, but I've had two fractures and no surgeries for either. My sister has had at least two fractures and so far as I know has never gone under the knife for anything.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119323 on: May 20, 2019, 12:13:45 pm »

What age were you? And where were the fractures?
I've been looking for some papers comparing incidences and surgery vs xonventional, and thia is the only paper I found that fits the bill

https://www.injuryjournal.com/article/S0020-1383(09)00301-5/fulltext

A summary would be that before 16 and younger around 40% of fractures require surgery (which is a hefty percentage), whereas older than 16  (which outnumber the young)the vast majority require surgery (over 90%). There is an obvious selection bias there (I mean most of those "older than 16" are likely older than 60 as well) but I dont think it changes things very much. I stand by my point: most bone fractures require surgery, and even in selected populations (eg children) a surprisingly high (but not most) number of fractures end up in surgery
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119324 on: May 20, 2019, 04:43:34 pm »

I don't remember the exact ages. I feel like I was in single-digit years (7, maybe?) for the first one, and in my...junior year of high school for the second (possibly sophomore). Both fractures were in my forearms: right arm for the first and left for the second.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7953 7954 [7955] 7956 7957 ... 7963