Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7958 7959 [7960] 7961 7962 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578494 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119385 on: January 27, 2021, 11:58:53 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:29:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119386 on: January 27, 2021, 02:55:49 pm »

The recent trouble with my family has me filled with anxiety and disappointment 24 hours a day. I can see why people take up drinking if it's to escape from this feeling, I want fucking anything to distract me from this bullshit.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119387 on: January 27, 2021, 03:02:16 pm »

Deep breaths. This is also why people take up going to church.

Not saying you should do that, just that there are other things that can happen. Please also recall that a lot of pregnancies (like 1/4 - 1/3) end in miscarriages. PM me if you want to talk. I'm also from a, shall we say, very disorganized family background and can completely relate. The most important thing is to remember that before X Y or Z infinitely bad event happens, there will be lots of opportunities to intervene. Try to stay emotionally present and with the problem. I know it's really fucking hard. I'm only asking because I care about you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119388 on: January 31, 2021, 03:16:36 am »

Everything is terrible enough that I seem to have gone mute this morning. Or at least more so than usual. I guess I might be able to talk if it's urgent enough.

I'm starting to hate weekends because this always happens. As soon as I'm not busy with work, my mind falls apart. I'm so tired of trying to fix it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119389 on: January 31, 2021, 06:02:32 am »

I have the opposite. Lack of human contact for 11 months has started me mumbling to myself to hear a human voice.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119390 on: January 31, 2021, 06:12:02 am »

I still can't talk

So you're one step higher than me
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119391 on: January 31, 2021, 06:46:33 am »

I have the opposite. Lack of human contact for 11 months has started me mumbling to myself to hear a human voice.

Lol, I've started talking to myself incessantly as well.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119392 on: January 31, 2021, 07:07:07 am »

My dog needs a fucking chemotherapy. She has a sticker tumor. Oh that's right I have a dog and wait for it, she is called "Laika". Not out of love of communism as you migth guess but to science. She is a little, very little mixed terrier with something else and weigths no more than 3 or 4 kg, its more fur and hate than dog in fact.

We belived she was in heat but figured something weird was going on when it lasted longer than usual and it started to look like a proplapse or something.

We called a vet that came and diagnosed her with something something hyperplasia, charged us 20 and prescribed her amoxicilin, which were another 10. It did not work.

Then an old vet friend of the family checked her for free and told us it is a stiker tumor, but the cost of the therapy is 120, which is about 120 more of what I can expend on her rigth now, so this Laika migth be going to the heavens to.

Doc said it is not inmediately needed like she is going to die tomorrow, but the bleeding will keep going and eventually she could, very unlikely, develop metastasis. She seemingly feels no pain and some days is very active while others she seems very... dull? Dont know which word to use.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119393 on: January 31, 2021, 07:13:15 am »

Are there any private charity organistations to be found in your country that can help with vet costs?

Also, dang, vets are cheap over there. My cats are getting antibiotics now too (the same antibiotics in fact, amoxicilin). 50 euros per cat. plus another 40 per cat for anti-inflammatory drugs. Plus 40 for the consulting time.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:16:14 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119394 on: January 31, 2021, 08:20:13 am »

God, I hate pet sorrows
I'm sorry Baal

I still can't talk

So you're one step higher than me

:(

I must ask though. I've fantasized before about what would happen if I lost my voice and such. So you walk around with notepads now? Or did you know sign language before?
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119395 on: January 31, 2021, 08:33:39 am »

There is a gummit thing called "Mision Nevado" or Nevado Program, in honor to Simon Bolivar's dog called Nevado (Snowy) but they are not currently working thanks to covid, and as with all goverment programs it only kind of works and require the party's card. Lastly they are like 15km from here. I still have the company's  car with precious gas and would use it if they were open.

There is a NGO called Fundacion Apegate (no, is not about monkeys and doors but it translates to Attach yourself), but they are short of personel, funds and equipment as almost all NGO's here. They can program an operation but they also said chemotherapy is far more effective and less risky, but I still have to provide the ampules, which add up to 90 dollars or so.

Well, if it was a visit to an actual consultory or vet practice it could have gone to 30 or 40 dollars depending on the doc and/or place.

Also is very relative. When some days you earn 0 dollars 10 are like a lot. Rigth now minimun wage here is something around half a dollar per month, which is what most public workers get. Private workers, say someone in a shoe store can earn like 15 or 30 dollars plus comisions monthly. A really, really good job migth pay up to 100 bucks plus benefits like insurance, which is why last year when I landed a job as a manager with a "bonus" of 200 dollars monthly I was entrhalled. Sadly it did not lift off thanks to covid and their own dissarray.

Martinuzz, buy a voleyball.

And Th4DwArfY1, did your vocal cords snaped or something???? Its been too long dude.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:40:00 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119396 on: January 31, 2021, 08:45:27 am »

Yeah sorry, I should have placed thing in socio-economical perspective.

Poverty is a strange thing. Over here, When my monthly rent, gas, electra and (mandatory) health care insurance are paid, I have 60 euros per week left over for groceries, clothing, replacing broken down washing machines or refridgerators.  That would be 2 monthly incomes for a commercial shoe salesperson in your country.

Still, I am considered poor (officially below the poverty line according to national statistics). Those weekly 60 euros are barely enough for weekly groceries with foodstuff and household item prices over here.

Martinuzz, buy a voleyball.
Tried that, Wilson died to cat claws
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:52:19 am by martinuzz »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119397 on: January 31, 2021, 09:23:59 am »

Dont be, is not your fault and not something you are required to know or anything my friend.

To put it on further perspective, a kg of corn flour is around $1. Meat, chicken or fish is over 5 the kg, with bones as low as 2 bucks per kg.

Assorted vegges can be found in cooperatives for around 30 cents up to a dollar per kg, if you dont mind the queues and getting up really early (3 am).

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119398 on: January 31, 2021, 10:06:11 am »

how are people surviving on 0.5kg corn meal per month?!??!

don't tell me, the answer is "they're not" right?  :-\

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119399 on: January 31, 2021, 10:22:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, there are millions of Venezuelans abroad that help their families here with whatever they can so our economy is basically that... oh and cocaine and other assorte drugs.

But yeah, there are lots of people in famine and lots dying of malnourishment, specially the ones without luck or having people abroad to toss them a few bucks every week or so. Google Maduro's diet.

Is not Africa like in most of the cases or at that scale, but only because soil here is so fucking fertile and we have no hard winters.

Oh the goverment also sporadically spreads around food packages of low quailty but affordable price (2 or 3 dollars). Also they have made a universal basic income of sorts, but is not regular but bonuses that vary in size and periodicity. Also to pay then they just keep printing (more like adding zeroes to the goverment accounts) inorganic money and... well, google Venezuela inflation and try not to faint laughing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:34:15 am by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 7958 7959 [7960] 7961 7962 ... 8156