Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7965 7966 [7967] 7968 7969 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8580648 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119490 on: February 09, 2021, 06:51:15 am »

Well yes and we all know I love a good penis joke (and bad ones even more) and I can add that I think the idea of penis jokes being sexual harassment when in this context is ridiculous the point is that Arx asked us not to and then we continued anyway and that's arse of us.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119491 on: February 09, 2021, 06:53:52 am »

I respected his (/her? Sorry, no offense intended, I just don't keep track of who has which gender / gender identity. You're all beautiful people to me) feelings by putting spoiler tags around and a fairly obvious warning below it.  Peeking inside is not my responsibility.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 07:00:00 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119492 on: February 09, 2021, 07:49:38 am »

Stop being dicks (no pun intended!) to Arx. He is a neat guy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119493 on: February 09, 2021, 07:57:17 am »

I don't think anyone here posted anything with the intention of being an ass towards Arx.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119494 on: February 09, 2021, 08:02:09 am »

Yeah, but the dick jokes just keep going, and he did not make further input. Maybe he got upset somehow?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119495 on: February 09, 2021, 09:03:37 am »

Mostly I've been asleep or at work.

Sexual harassment is maybe a bit strong, but it is in that direction. It makes me uncomfortable, I don't only find them stupid.

The other thing is that, y'know, this is the sad thread. People don't post here because they're in a good mood. The least anyone can do is not respond to a post with the specific thing that was pointed out as undesirable.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #119496 on: February 09, 2021, 09:41:15 am »

I hate the CCP. Genocidal bastards. Taiwan real China. I hope Xi ends up facing a wall with a pistol pressed to the back of his head...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119497 on: February 09, 2021, 10:31:31 am »

Taiwan real China.
Disagree. Taiwan is Taiwan.
There is no real China.
China is a hoax perpetrated by China.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119498 on: February 09, 2021, 11:12:16 am »

Yeah, things are fucked up in China and their small neighbours and other territories they are bullying. And they have backup from my "goverment". Sorry for that. Is moraly disgusting.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:16:32 am by LordBaal »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119499 on: February 09, 2021, 01:37:48 pm »

Ugh. I can feel the beginnings of sone serious burnout beginning in me. Gonna keep my head down for a few days as I have a week off work coming up in which I can sleep, vidya, and generally decompress.
This is a blank sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119500 on: February 14, 2021, 02:18:13 am »

Jilted by a lot of IRL friends recently. . . . most of them. Of course, with shelter in place they aren't really IRL friends anymore. Everyone is an internet friend, heh.

Everyone's depressed, but it pisses me off that people keep getting my hopes up: promising to bake me stuff for my birthday and then disappearing into the ether, offering to help me with a class I fell behind on and then forgetting the study session and not even saying sorry, asking to join an online board game group with my childhood friends and then missing that too. It's just been a lot of putting up with things.

It's not all bad, but it's been a hell of a lot more bad than good lately.

I feel like I must be being excluded because I'm defective. I can recognize that as an unhelpful thought, but I also can't figure out how to fix myself so that people, people who I've invested a lot of time into, will bother to be thoughtful.

It feels hopeless . . . *sigh* Better get out of my head and do something else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119501 on: February 14, 2021, 07:12:07 am »

Happy Birthday Vector?

I'd bake you a fast-time-bun it'd be bad when you got it.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119502 on: February 14, 2021, 10:09:34 am »

thx. proud of being a year older. hopefully birthday cake this summer :/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119503 on: February 14, 2021, 10:12:55 am »

Congratulations on the successful orbital lap marking the competition of your first stage development. May you bathe in the tears of the wailing widows of your battle slain foes!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119504 on: February 14, 2021, 11:58:56 am »

Every new year is one year closer to eternal
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7965 7966 [7967] 7968 7969 ... 8156