Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7968 7969 [7970] 7971 7972 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570522 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119535 on: February 20, 2021, 03:04:17 am »

if in the US, and he is over 65, you can get him in a nursing home on Medicare part A.  You would be advised to sell any and all property he has, and all that first, as he has to be destitute before he can get on the medicare payment path.

For any nursing home you consider taking your father to, visit it first as a visitor during the week, and pay attention to how the aids handle call lights, and how they talk at the desk.  Visit a random resident, (preferably one with intact cogitative abilities), and just talk with them awhile, and ask about the home.  They will give you the down-low.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119536 on: February 20, 2021, 11:41:09 am »

Contemplating climbing out this window head first but I have the problem of no one to look after all this shit if I'm dead. Isn't there some loophole where you can go through the motions of life while not actually being conscious for any of it?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119537 on: February 20, 2021, 12:09:38 pm »

Contemplating climbing out this window head first but I have the problem of no one to look after all this shit if I'm dead. Isn't there some loophole where you can go through the motions of life while not actually being conscious for any of it?

MAOIs?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119538 on: February 20, 2021, 12:25:59 pm »

MAOIs?

🗿?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119539 on: February 20, 2021, 12:31:58 pm »

MAOIs?

🗿?
Yeah? Just sacrifice your consciousness to the Great Ones as was done in ages past, and you too can become a thoughtless automaton!

Or just get some drugs, if your nearest stone altar of mind-transfer is inconveniently far away.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119540 on: February 20, 2021, 12:44:03 pm »

So... on top of everything  now we are kinda homeless. Yep.

I mean, I have never owned propriety besides my old ford ka which had to sell many moons ago, the place we live actually belongs to my mother but she lives with her husband and has her own life apart. Now my sister is demanding we get out and the propriety is sold and she getting all of it "because I have lived here all these years rent free so I already got my share".

Most likely my mother will cave in to the demands eventually to some or all extent.

Dunno from where all this comes from besides unbridled greed... It does not seem she needs to money specially or something... but whatever... I'll start looking for fridge boxes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:45:48 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119541 on: February 20, 2021, 01:32:12 pm »

So... on top of everything  now we are kinda homeless. Yep.

Holy shit. Is there anything we can do to help? Doesn't your mother care about her own grandson out on the streets?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119542 on: February 20, 2021, 03:39:55 pm »

Well yes, on theory, I do hope so in practice too. My family is... peculiar. I don't live with her since I'm 17.

Also this has not happened just yet. We are not being thrown out on the streets violently right now or anything. Just kinda noticed so I have time to look for a place for us. Im working and my wife and kid are not home, they are at her mother's place. I have to talk about this with her too.

There is really nothing you could do except keep us in your prayers/good vibes if yoy are so inclined.

Edit: called my mom and my sister is talking with her in person right now. My sister kinda hates my mom so this is kind of a bad sign. Is nice they talk and share sometime at least.

Edit two. I reread the whole post and Im so unfocused had to rewrite whole parts of it... this is really crappy. I have to start looking for rooms monday.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:54:33 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119543 on: February 20, 2021, 03:47:16 pm »

Wait... 17???

I hope that's a typo but in any case I'm sorry for your predicament Baal and I hope you get better.

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119544 on: February 20, 2021, 03:58:47 pm »

When I was 17 she went to live with her new husband and I tumbled between places and family until I was 22 o so, then he bought her a modest apartment and I was invited to live there since she was not using it anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119545 on: February 20, 2021, 05:18:39 pm »

There is really nothing you could do except keep us in your prayers/good vibes if yoy are so inclined.

OK, I will.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119546 on: February 20, 2021, 05:30:26 pm »

Thanks we appreciate it. Heading home now. A hard talk awaits.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119547 on: February 20, 2021, 05:47:50 pm »

Thanks we appreciate it. Heading home now. A hard talk awaits.

Best of luck man, on all counts... That's an absolutely awful situation somehow made worse at several turns.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119548 on: February 20, 2021, 10:19:43 pm »

Well... Best of wishes.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #119549 on: February 21, 2021, 02:42:41 am »

Good luck, Baal. That sucks, and hope it all works out.

My own sad: after a month with my baby, I have to return to work (in a different city), so I'm back to only seeing her 2 days a week. Heartbreaking and all for a shitty job. This will be the routine except for vacations until we gather enough scratch to move... On the plus side, it's good motivation to stop wasting money on junkfood or beers.
Pages: 1 ... 7968 7969 [7970] 7971 7972 ... 8156