Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7971 7972 [7973] 7974 7975 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574640 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119580 on: February 25, 2021, 05:40:04 pm »

Start your own.
That's actually my plan (I'm working on detailed business plans), but it takes time and capital and trying to find partners (I'm not a salesman by any means, I'm the technology and process guy) . . . so I'm trying to weigh if I can mentally take staying where I am for the 3 years or so that it will take to get the business I want off the ground or if I should look for something else in the meantime.

The things I'm seeing though... I just don't see how I can make it for those three years.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119581 on: February 25, 2021, 05:45:54 pm »

When I was 17 she went to live with her new husband and I tumbled between places and family until I was 22 o so, then he bought her a modest apartment and I was invited to live there since she was not using it anyway.

Ohhh I see. I thought you were saying that you were currently 17, which really turned my head considering you have a wife and family.
Ahahaha nahh at that age I was struggling to survive on my fricking own. Meet my wife like 3 years later.

Edit: McTraveller. I know for a fact how being burned feels and just going with the motions on the work. Specially now that I just dont feel my jobs but are merely a mean to an end lacking any meaning beyond payment.

You should be careful of not letting that contaminate your own project if you decide to stay were you are.

In fact I would advice you to look for alternatives because the mere fact you express it says you already though about it, and dissatisfaction in your work will be bad for you.

Ps. If at any moment need an spanish translator on the cheap (or even for free while starting) remember me ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:52:27 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #119582 on: February 25, 2021, 07:18:30 pm »

TFW the chick you've been texting with for the last two hours eventually admits they have attention seeking behavior and leading people on just for the attention is a pattern of behavior for them.

I suppose truth is better than the alternative. But still.

*sigh*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119583 on: February 26, 2021, 06:04:39 am »

I am in a mood again
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119584 on: February 26, 2021, 06:12:10 am »

Take pictures of the resulting artifact.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119585 on: February 26, 2021, 06:30:50 am »

[photgraph of my mental and body health declining.png]
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119586 on: February 26, 2021, 07:39:59 am »

[photgraph of my mental and body health declining.png]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119587 on: February 26, 2021, 08:07:30 am »

Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119588 on: February 26, 2021, 01:57:21 pm »

My work today consisted on pulling a chain for 6 hours straight, the first half without gloves because "lol we don't have gloves", the other half with gloves to lessen the sore after a blister formed and one of the regulars there took off his gloves and gave them to me on compassion.

Im used to repetitive, heavy work, mostly handling cases or boxes, but not pulling chains continually (in a one ton winch lift from the first floor to the bottom and again) which requires a lot of stamina and upper body strength which is hard to develop or keep on a low protein diet.

At least we finished early and earned 5 dollars. Tonight I dine as prince, will be selfish for once and buy a 1 dollar hamburger olny for me.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119589 on: February 26, 2021, 04:58:28 pm »

I'm sorry Baal.  :(

Do you maybe wanna try making makeshift gloves or some other implement? Like maybe just some leather patch to put in between the chain and your hands?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119590 on: February 26, 2021, 05:45:41 pm »

Since work there restarts Tuesday I'll bring gloves then. It is that work there is always about hauling boxes but there is a unexpected move and they are emptying a whole warehouse, I did not knew until today. My days/weeks are patchworks of jobs at different places, its harder but I earn more this way than say, working on a store or factory.

These are strange times indeed. I long for a boring life and a stable job from 7am to 5am like I used to.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119591 on: February 27, 2021, 06:22:36 am »

Old guy in my street hanged himself.. The neighbors across the street had called the police on him, and they discovered a few cannabis plants in his home. He got eviction notice, they gave him 4 weeks to leave what had been his home for over 30 years.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119592 on: February 27, 2021, 07:08:05 am »

Old guy in my street hanged himself.. The neighbors across the street had called the police on him, and they discovered a few cannabis plants in his home. He got eviction notice, they gave him 4 weeks to leave what had been his home for over 30 years.

Protecting the world from drugs, one death at a time...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119593 on: February 27, 2021, 08:16:41 am »

I do not condone the use of drugs, but to each its own. Also Im in a similar spot having lived here for almost 10+ years. Thankfully not a 4 weeks notice but still have to actively find a place.

On the hanging part, several neighbours and people in my general area have done so over the course of a few years, even more so since last year. This whole situation is hitting people hard all over the planet.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119594 on: February 27, 2021, 08:36:34 am »

Yeah the amount of suicides lately has been really tragic. Make it a point to check up on your neighbours and friends...
Pages: 1 ... 7971 7972 [7973] 7974 7975 ... 8156