Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7986 7987 [7988] 7989 7990 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474863 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119805 on: April 04, 2021, 11:17:51 pm »

So the hurry of kicking us out of the apartment my sister had? She told me she wanted our mom to sell it and get all the money because I was living there rent free so I already "had my share". Then my mother told me to get out "with no hurries, but as soon as you can...."

It turns out, they simply moved to the apartment were we lived.

This has costed me money I could otherwise have not spent, time, effort, costed me wellbeing of my kid, my wife and we are fucking wrestling with cetipedes every fucking night because one of her whims....

Family can suck really hard sometimes.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119806 on: April 05, 2021, 06:53:30 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:20:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119807 on: April 06, 2021, 01:47:22 am »

No, no, centipedes will help with their roach problem. Namely the sister in question. But probably all the other roaches too.

These aren't venomous centipedes, are they? Just the nice cuddly house centipede zoomers right?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119808 on: April 06, 2021, 08:59:05 am »

Oh yeah. The sting is similar to a wasp according to my wife.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119809 on: April 06, 2021, 09:20:15 am »

So the hurry of kicking us out of the apartment my sister had? She told me she wanted our mom to sell it and get all the money because I was living there rent free so I already "had my share". Then my mother told me to get out "with no hurries, but as soon as you can...."

It turns out, they simply moved to the apartment were we lived.

This has costed me money I could otherwise have not spent, time, effort, costed me wellbeing of my kid, my wife and we are fucking wrestling with cetipedes every fucking night because one of her whims....

Family can suck really hard sometimes.

Honestly, my father disowned his brothers for less.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119810 on: April 06, 2021, 09:24:28 am »

Yeah. I'd be like, you are no longer my sister. Come anywhere near me in the future and I will cover you in trapjaw ants.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119811 on: April 06, 2021, 09:25:28 am »

I'd be like why are you carrying trapjaw ants with you everywhere
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119812 on: April 06, 2021, 09:30:30 am »

Because I can't get them out of my POXED CLOTHES because of the shambled RUIN I have to live in

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119813 on: April 06, 2021, 09:45:05 am »

I think I found a good web page that gives basic tips to get rid of centipedes: https://plunketts.net/blog/never-ever-centipedes

I've also read elsewhere that you can buy sticky traps and place them where the centipedes are going, or make such traps by putting a layer of petroleum jelly on cardboard. But killing them on sight is a good measure too.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119814 on: April 06, 2021, 02:59:02 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:19:29 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119815 on: April 07, 2021, 06:24:18 am »

Silverfish sometimes eat paper, though. Possible concern if you've got books and paintings.

Most annoying part for me is when they fall into my ceiling lamp from above, then can't climb the glass and die there. Have to clean them out when replacing the light bulb. There's also a dead one stuck in a painting frame.

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119816 on: April 07, 2021, 07:43:00 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:18:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #119817 on: April 07, 2021, 09:25:24 am »

Sometimes I wonder what the hell happened in my life that made me so... paranoid. No joke, my sister could ask me an innocent question about what I'm doing, and before it was pointed out to me, I would go "And?" in the most distrustful, suspicious tone possible. I'd do this reliably. To my own sister, whom I trust and care about. I'm treating her like a stranger with that tone. Y'all don't hear (or read?) me act like that because I have time to think about my words. She doesn't get that luxury.

Hell, it's even invaded my vocabulary. I use "I suspect that..." quite often, even when the situation doesn't call for it. It's like everything's a murder mystery, but there's no murder, and no mystery. Either that, or it's probabilistic, uncertain in nature. "Likely", "probably", "maybe", all staples of my speech; you could write a Bingo card on my speech patterns, and those words would make up a good chunk of it. Just another way to cover my ass, as if anyone's actually gonna call me out on rough estimates made even rougher by those words.

I keep checking my posts for repeated topics via search, as if anyone's gonna notice that I've repeated something I talked about a year ago. Almost every time I check, it turns out that, no, I've never said anything about it. Not with the search terms I use. For the record, I don't think I've said this before, not in this way.

Like, I think the peak of my paranoia would've been around middle school. I was using Tor, didn't have any accounts on anything (not even an email). Hell, I probably would've used Gentoo (Arch has binary packages! Can't trust that!) with every hardening measure in the book had I been able to wrap my head around the install instructions. I think I experimented with Ubuntu for a little bit, which was as far as I could go.

And this was before the, uh, Betrayal (phrasing carefully to avoid triggers), so it was kinda ingrained in me. I mellowed out after that, actually. What the hell happened? How'd I end up this way? Was I born to be paranoid? In its current incarnation, it's paranoia paired with anxiety, but I wonder if the building blocks were already there before then.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119818 on: April 10, 2021, 11:43:36 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:23:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119819 on: April 10, 2021, 11:46:04 am »

I mean, clinical paranoia is a thing.

Maybe hit up a doctor. Can't hurt to check, if you're seriously thinking about it as a problem now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7986 7987 [7988] 7989 7990 ... 8153