Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7988 7989 [7990] 7991 7992 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8612840 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119835 on: April 12, 2021, 03:59:16 pm »

Thank you meph! It's appreciated.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119836 on: April 12, 2021, 05:27:54 pm »

Went to buy some food and droped the 20 I had for it thanks to a fucking hole both in my pocket and pants on the same size. I meant same side, in the right leg. I have the habit of putting the money always inside my wallet carefully and then the wallet in my left front pocket but this time, maybe is the headache or the hurry I had.... fuck.

At least that's the only logical explanation I can give it. The wife is understandably angry and just torn up the pants and trowed them into the trash can in a fit. I understand her.

That's some bad luck!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119837 on: April 12, 2021, 07:11:26 pm »

Don't stay in the same room with your uncle until he's no longer coughing, and keep doors between your and his parts of the house closed when possible. Stay safe.
Given that the new variants are speculated to be more infectious by making people infectious for longer, I'd avoid him like the plague (no pun intended but very apropos) for a long time
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119838 on: April 13, 2021, 10:51:24 am »

Oh we have the "advantage" of also having other suspects like hemorrhagic fevers like dengue, zica and chicungunya.

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119839 on: April 13, 2021, 02:56:52 pm »

More giant corp nonsense.  I've been asked to sign a really broad IP assignment agreement... and I'm pushing back.  Hopefully I don't cause too many waves.

I mean seriously I am not giving every single idea I have to this company for which I didn't choose to work in the first place... they can have my work related to my assignments, but no way they are getting more than that.

Annoying thing is they have a little footnote that says "if you live in this state, then this is an alternate clause" and that alternate clause is much nicer. If they can offer that to another state, they can offer it in mine, even if my state doesn't require it.  So they are basically stating that they are trying to be as greedy as they can within the law.

Awesome.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119840 on: April 13, 2021, 02:58:47 pm »

Stand strong and don't let them touch your intellectual property.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119841 on: April 13, 2021, 04:14:50 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:21:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119842 on: April 13, 2021, 06:29:59 pm »

i just finished Heavy Rain

even though i got the best ending it still makes me sad
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:34:49 pm by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119843 on: April 13, 2021, 07:27:20 pm »

JASON
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119844 on: April 14, 2021, 03:46:29 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:21:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #119845 on: April 14, 2021, 09:45:41 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119847 on: April 14, 2021, 01:27:31 pm »

As long is in a bottle.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119848 on: April 14, 2021, 01:42:17 pm »

Shaun the Sheep
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119849 on: April 15, 2021, 01:28:59 am »

JASON in a bottle?
SHAUN in a bottle?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 7988 7989 [7990] 7991 7992 ... 8156