Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8018 8019 [8020] 8021 8022 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8540932 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120285 on: October 10, 2021, 10:23:29 pm »

I also like you. I still lurk about ‘cause I like reading the stuff you post.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120286 on: October 11, 2021, 06:07:51 am »

Our dear friend! Our dear friend in a bottle!!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120287 on: October 11, 2021, 06:27:00 pm »

Yo that's some serious Major Depression talk right there, friend, like the clinical kind. Are you capable of seeing a doctor and talking to them about this? I may have disappeared off the face of these  forums for like five years but I remember you from back then and you're a kickass fellow.

It's tough to reach out. I only set up an appointment after my first suicidal ideations scared the living daylights out of me. But it's worth it to get properly medicated. Oh my god I love not hating myself and crawling into my shell when things go even a little sideways.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120288 on: October 13, 2021, 03:26:19 pm »

I'm already enrolled with psychiatric care, have been for my entire adult like, they've said outright that there's nothing more they can do for me and practically don't see me any more. Medication is pointless.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120289 on: October 13, 2021, 03:55:54 pm »

Im here for a comprensive ear at least, oh my mighty and handsome Viking friend!

My own sad, well, is not my own, a fellow forum member is dealing with cancer and seems to have gotten a lot worse.... fuck cancer, man is frustrating not being able to help or do shit for a friend.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120290 on: October 14, 2021, 04:16:38 am »

Dumb question I know, but are you ok dude? I guess I don't know the real (you) but I do know the you that is scriver, and I care about you. You don't have to finish things to have value, you just have to value yourself. Get some sick exercise gains, get some good sleep and a huge fuck off bowl of chicken porridge and don't forget to breathe - you can't build up any solid foundations without chicken porridge

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120291 on: October 14, 2021, 07:17:37 am »

People confusing pragmatism for morality.  *sigh*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120292 on: October 14, 2021, 08:48:15 am »

I am most assuredly not okay
Love, scriver~

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120293 on: October 14, 2021, 09:06:29 am »

Worked on my thesis for more than a year and got the only thing that I could think of as sort of advancement last month, but with further look it utterly fail down and I am back to basically nothing, also finally proved to myself that with as much I forgot about my major's I have might as well not done it, but that was a long time coming.
Also wasn't able to get one fucking person to a RPG session so I feel like all I did in the last half a year is stressing myself.

Tried to get a therapist but no one has a time in the city, at least none that will cost me less than a third of my monthly scholarship, I will try to expand the search but I don't think I will find any.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120294 on: October 14, 2021, 11:58:00 am »

@Rockeater try telemedicine, a lot of people had to do that for therapy even pre-pandemic. I see my doctor that way and it works pretty well.

@Scriver yeah dude, we know. Apparently TMS is working for treatment-resistant depression, maybe try that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120295 on: October 16, 2021, 03:59:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: i want my "weekend" back :( what a shitty time today will suck too bc im unable to compete for fresh food
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 03:16:58 am by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120296 on: October 19, 2021, 04:02:20 am »

A Russian whistleblower that leaked 40Gb of videos showing torture and rape of Russian prisoners by their guards has fled the country to Paris, where he has applied for political asylum.

The videos he has released show a prisoner being anal raped with a broomstick while in prison hospital in Saratov. Other footage shows prison guards beating up and raping a prisoner.

The whistleblower, who, for security reasons, shall only be named by his first name 'Sergej' himself had been a prisoner in Saratov, and was also raped.

He got hold of the video footage when he was asked by the prison, because of his computer expertise, to store the videos securely. This gave him access to not only footage from Saratov prison, but from all prison camps of Russian detention authority FSIN.
Instead of storing it securely, he leaked over 40Gb to action group Gulagu.net.

The action gruop, which has been fighting for prisoner rights for years, helped him escape to Paris. According to them, police and secret ervice were already hunting him, and his life is in great danger if they would get to him.

In response to the leaked footage, the Russian ministry of Justice promised that there will be better supervision of prisons in the future.
The head of Saratov prison, it's director, and three other staff members have been immediatly fired.

Vladimir Osetsjkin, the leader of Gulagu.net, who has also fled to France, described the prison hospital in Sarakov as 'a real concentration camp', where guards dress up as nurses to torture and rape prisoners. He announced that Gulagu.net will soon publish more footage from FSIN, and also from the FSB.

According to him, in just three prison camps, Saratov, Irkutsk and Vladimir, more than 200 prisoners have been raped.

Denis Golikov, former prisoner of a detention center in Irkutsk, says he was part of the 'razrabottsijiki', or 'handlers', that were used to torture their fellow prisoners that refused to speak or confess to prison authorities.
As a 'reward' for their task, they were given the promise that they themselves would not be touched, and the prison authorities would put in a good word with the justice department for them.

However, these torture practices were also use to extort prisoners. Vladimir Matoesjkejev, a businessman who had also been imprisoned in Irkutsk, said he was threatened with torture and rape, unless he paid 400 euros to Golikov, who, according to him, was 'the chief of the 'razrabottsijiki'.

Any person who is raped in Russian prison, will from then onwards be on the lowest ranks amongst the prison hierarchy, and suffer more rape by becoming a sex slave for other prisoners, or at the very least, be the guy that will have to clean the toilets.

After being raped, prisoners are forced to sign documents in which they state they have been treated well and have no complaints.
They are also blackmailed with the rape being taped on video, and threatened with the video's publication.
Matoesjkejev shamefully admits that he himself was also part of the 'razrabottsijiki' for a year, and had partaken in torture activities in 'special cells with loud music so the rest of the prison wouldn't hear the screams'.

A man that had been imprisoned in IK-5, a penal colony in Siberia, described how a fellow prisoner was forced to give him electric shocks on his genitals, in order to make him confess that he played a role in an uprising in the camp, april last year. They also tied him up and anal raped him with a stick.
The prison uprising led to a wave of torture in the camp. "The guards just tortured and raped people right in the middle of the prison, out of spite", another former prisoner told Radio Free Europe /Radio Liberty.

The leaking of the videos has not just caused a ruckus with the government, but also amongst prison populations. Last friday, special forces had to be deployed to stop a prison riot that had erupted when guards started hitting prisoners with batons in Vladikavkaz prison colony.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/klokkenluider-die-videobeelden-van-martelingen-van-russische-gevangenen-liet-uitlekken-vlucht-naar-frankrijk~b82b61fb/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58780360

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/10/18/russian-prison-torture-whistleblower-seeks-asylum-in-france-a75322
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 05:19:32 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120297 on: October 19, 2021, 06:25:27 am »

I'm glad the whistleblower managed to make it out ok. Hope he doesn't get Putin'd though

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120298 on: October 19, 2021, 06:32:26 am »

That sexual submision practice seems standard on practically all prisions I ever heard off. So sad, really. Wonder how they managed to break him out.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120299 on: October 19, 2021, 06:59:22 am »

They didn't need to break him out, he was released from prison in february.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 8018 8019 [8020] 8021 8022 ... 8155