Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8025 8026 [8027] 8028 8029 ... 8056

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 7044693 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120390 on: December 04, 2021, 12:55:13 pm »

Same shit happens in the United States.  It's called Child Support.
Child support is the legal fact that when two parents live separately, the one parent who has the child at least 51% of the time is owed a certain sum of money from the parent who has the child less than 50% of the time. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When you attach money to a child, people are motivated based upon that.  Even if you hate the kid, you still want them so you can be the one to get paid the child support rather than the one who has to pay the child support.

I've seen parents say, "I either want the kid, or don't want to see the kid".
FUCKING Child Support.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120391 on: December 04, 2021, 01:07:55 pm »

I think I'll trow up... I knew of child support, and get its a way to bind irresposible parents to care for their kids and all...

Why kill the kid if they wanted him for money? No, this was negligence on all accounts by a lot of people!

Ash just got attacked by a swarm of beedrills.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120392 on: December 04, 2021, 02:25:05 pm »

In Pakistan, 120 people have been arrested for lynching a floor manager from Sri Lanka, and burning his body, after he took a religious poster off the wall.
In Lahore, people took to the street to condemn the action and apologize to Sri Lanka.
Pakistan's premier, Imran Khan, declared today a 'national day of shame' for Pakistan.

... The world would be so much better if religion did not exist...
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120393 on: December 04, 2021, 03:46:48 pm »

Without fanatics Martinuzz. Not only religion but politics, sciences, music, brands and companies, even petty things like sports, tv shows and games can bring the worst of people once the become fanatics of it.

I have known plenty of nice religious people that aren't lukewarm to their faith but aren't fanatics to the point of harming or annoying others with their beliefs.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Wacky fox do uncharacteristic thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #120394 on: December 05, 2021, 02:05:36 am »

Without fanatics Martinuzz. Not only religion but politics, sciences, music, brands and companies, even petty things like sports, tv shows and games can bring the worst of people once the become fanatics of it.

I have known plenty of nice religious people that aren't lukewarm to their faith but aren't fanatics to the point of harming or annoying others with their beliefs.
Yeah. I am fairly religious but I hate fanatics, more so than my general distaste towards snobby atheists.

Actually both are fanatics now that I think about it. Not so different in their methods and rhetoric. :P
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 02:07:29 am by MaxTheFox »
Долой царя! Смерть Путину! Да здравствует социализм!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120395 on: December 05, 2021, 06:36:52 am »

i think i burnt at least half my braincells huffing solvents.

upsides:

- memories aren't a thing anymore
- constantly feel out of it
- make hilarious mistakes for onlookers
- every day is the last beautiful challenge

downsides:

- cannot maths
- timespace continuum order becomes confused. yesterday is tomorrow
- what?
- at least 50% braincells conversation
- no
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 06:47:42 am by Caz »
want a biccy?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120396 on: December 05, 2021, 08:29:49 am »

Oh God why would you do that Caz? Are you okay? Go to a doctor!

Edit: The dad of a dear friend died of covid. It lasted less than a week... shit. She and I are very appart now but I still feel very sorry for her. Her mom is horrible to her and her dad was the good one there. She has around my age and has her own small company and all but still lives at her parents house.

Also, this exists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCZiIl7eZw&t=34s

It's refreshing to see our tax money not going only to drug/human/weapons trafficking but some going to tacky, stupid cartoons.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 11:45:40 am by LordBaal »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120397 on: December 06, 2021, 02:21:54 am »

Yeah. I am fairly religious but I hate fanatics, more so than my general distaste towards snobby atheists.

Actually both are fanatics now that I think about it. Not so different in their methods and rhetoric. :P

I will say, I've gotten more genuine sympathy and comfort and less "UMMMM AKCHUALLY" attitude from people offering to pray for me than I have from atheists or realists or whatever you want to call them. Whether or not you believe in the effectiveness of prayer--I have my doubts--it's comforting. And sometimes it's more important to be comforted or uplifted or inspired than it is to just hear cold facts day in and day out. That's why most people read stories, watch movies and play videogames instead of math textbooks and tables of statistics all day.

I used to be the smuggest, snobbiest of smug snobby atheists without even really thinking about it, and God I was an asshole about it...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120398 on: December 06, 2021, 02:30:25 am »

I am no atheist. Atheism is a belief just like religion. You cannot prove that god exists, but you cannot prove that god does not exist either.
So I consider myself an agnost. I don't know. I put my faith in what we do know. Science.

And yeah, there's plenty of goodhearted and kind religious people that do not turn to fanaticism.

Let me rephrase: 'the world would be a much better place if dogmatic religions did not exist'. (In other words, religions that tell people how to live, and more importantly, consider itself the only true religion).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:33:26 am by martinuzz »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120399 on: December 06, 2021, 02:57:38 am »

I'm not really fond of being prayed for. I'm actually Catholic (surprise) but it's hard to imagine most Christians actually wanting me to be alive, let alone happy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #120400 on: December 06, 2021, 03:31:11 am »

I am no atheist. Atheism is a belief just like religion. You cannot prove that god exists, but you cannot prove that god does not exist either.
So I consider myself an agnost. I don't know. I put my faith in what we do know. Science.

I recently heard something I quite liked: We're all agnostic. No one knows.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120401 on: December 06, 2021, 03:41:59 am »

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Wacky fox do uncharacteristic thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #120402 on: December 06, 2021, 05:13:50 am »

I recently heard something I quite liked: We're all agnostic. No one knows.
Yes in the end I don't know for sure and I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

I'm not really fond of being prayed for. I'm actually Catholic (surprise) but it's hard to imagine most Christians actually wanting me to be alive, let alone happy.
Don't worry. I like you. Don't listen to the vocal 5-10% who hate you.
Долой царя! Смерть Путину! Да здравствует социализм!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120403 on: December 06, 2021, 06:37:34 am »

Not everybody who would pray for you would be Christian, but I emphasize with the sentiment.
I and many world religions are on pretty bad terms. Largely due to all the trauma

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120404 on: December 06, 2021, 07:52:48 am »

The closest thing I would compare to a religious experience in my life is actually the first time I was in truly, extremely unbelievable pain and received IV painkillers commensurate to that pain. It was like the fire retreated out of my muscles and veins and left nothing behind but good vibes. I stopped screaming and just lay there unable to do anything but grin and cry from relief. It wasn't the coincidence of my continued life, or the mere facts of my existence. It was the fact that some syringe full of mystery juice administered by a bored 50-something took me from the worst agony of my life to pure bliss in about twenty seconds.

If anybody reading this who cares has seen Breaking Bad: recall the scene where Jesse tries some of the IV drugs that Jane was addicted to? The music comes on, he gets this goofy grin on his face and starts effortlessly floating to the ceiling while the cheesy beach music plays? That's literally what it's like, to a freakish degree. I'm a good boy and got access to these because I experienced excruciating pain instead of acquiring it illegally, but I still felt like sharing for some reason.

This feeling honestly kind of scares me, although I'm grateful for it in the moment. Anybody reading this please don't take this as an advocation for recreational drug use, this could very easily fuck up your life, and my life is already pretty fucked up to be at the point that I have legal access to this medicine anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 8025 8026 [8027] 8028 8029 ... 8056