Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8032 8033 [8034] 8035 8036 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572148 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120495 on: January 25, 2022, 11:09:57 pm »

My wife is currently ~7 months through a pregnancy after a miscarriage. Didn’t take long afterward to get her in that condition again, and all this was within a year of both of us getting and recovering from OG Covid.

For how common it is, it’s quite surprising how little people get told about miscarriage until it actually happens. A woman’s body knows what needs to happen in order for a pregnancy to go full-term, and if these things don’t happen it’ll reset things. Usually that leads to a deeply unpleasant and traumatic experience - miscarriage - which probably is so in part because it’s such a stupid taboo-like thing that nobody talks about it, so when it happens those involved feel like they’ve failed in some capacity.

Anyway, long ramble but TL;DR: miscarriage is horrible because nobody talks about it, but is common and can just happen, hopefully your sister isn’t getting too downheartened because of it, because chances are she and her partner aren’t doing anything wrong.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #120496 on: January 26, 2022, 12:11:37 am »

Ugh, someone just tried to scam me and (presumably) steal my steam account. If I wasn't a little more cautious its entirely possible they could have gotten me.
Worst case scenario though is just that I lost my steam account which would have been super annoying but survivable. There are actual people out there who get scammed and just lose everything. Shit sucks.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120497 on: January 26, 2022, 12:12:50 am »

... so what they try that almost got you?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #120498 on: January 26, 2022, 01:37:55 am »

This one.
I added the dude a few weeks ago and he tried to get me to join a tourney a couple of times. The previous time I went to the website and tried to log in and it didn't work, so I just said it didn't work cause it was too much hassle to deal with. I was a bit suspicious though cause I noticed afterwards that steam was asking my gmail for my login verification stuff that you get if you try to log into a new computer. He tried again this week and I properly looked it up and yup, it was a scam.

I didn't ever give the website the code, but I definitely see how I very easily could have done so.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120499 on: January 28, 2022, 05:56:01 pm »

Horrible, pernicious depression and I'm still in therapy and on the same amount of drugs. Infuriating and exhausting. Awful.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120500 on: February 01, 2022, 12:55:00 pm »

Fuck everythying octodecillion-fold.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 01:20:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120501 on: February 01, 2022, 01:19:37 pm »

-
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 01:27:28 pm by None »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120502 on: February 01, 2022, 01:31:42 pm »

Oh trust me I'm considering going back to my unemployed ways everyday. Anything else is but a band-aid.
let

DwarfUli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120503 on: February 01, 2022, 01:48:21 pm »

Someone told me today Leonardo DiCaprio had a tree named after him...Uvariopsis dicaprio.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120504 on: February 02, 2022, 08:53:13 am »

Somebody asked if I'm doing something for my birthday or if I want to come over... And I can't with people being nice RN. I don't want to feel like a dick by inevitably failing to show some appreciation. I'm so done I had my stomach tie up when I got that message. What do I do  :'( the only solution is flee forwards, get whomever feels compelled to do something in a room, have them entertain eachother, while I make myself invisible, sounds awful and i don't even have the infrastructure to do it safely anyway. ;)

I sent some blurb. One day I might be emotionally available and by then nobody is gonna care.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:26:03 am by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120505 on: February 02, 2022, 10:26:14 am »

I fear itisnotlogical is dead. I dont have a 100% confirmation but we frequently DM each other, and given his last state, messages and that haven't heard from him in over a month is fairly certain that he passed away.

Just letting you guys know in case someone else here cares. :(
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120506 on: February 02, 2022, 04:02:37 pm »

Probably just a hiatus.  One month isn't unusual.  Hoping for the best.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120507 on: February 02, 2022, 05:11:21 pm »

The new bird flu is still killing lots of wild birds in Europe. Geese, swans and ducks are dying by droves. Virologist fear it may jump to foxes, otters and seals (from eating sick animals). The flu affects the nervous system, making birds just drop from the sky, stumble around aimlessly, and drown in the water.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120508 on: February 03, 2022, 02:00:06 am »

keyboardsmash

deeo breaths. It's gonna be all right.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120509 on: February 03, 2022, 06:22:42 am »

I fear itisnotlogical is dead. I dont have a 100% confirmation but we frequently DM each other, and given his last state, messages and that haven't heard from him in over a month is fairly certain that he passed away.

Just letting you guys know in case someone else here cares. :(

That is a scary thought. One day, they just stop, then don't return. Never.

Unsettling.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 8032 8033 [8034] 8035 8036 ... 8156