Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8048 8049 [8050] 8051 8052 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8566791 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120735 on: May 11, 2022, 08:03:34 am »

Today at 1. I'm regretting several previous decisions, mostly taking a full range of courses while working a full time job during the busiest time of the year.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120736 on: May 11, 2022, 08:09:33 am »

Ah classic, you thought you could reread at work BUT PEOPLE MUST HAPPEN BECAUSE CONSOOOOM
let

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #120737 on: May 11, 2022, 10:11:45 am »

I think at this point I'm just going to take some time off of school to build up savings and enjoy whatever you want to call my life. I've been pressured into going to college 3 different times now and it's only worked once when I had one class and little work stress.

I don't have any friends or hobbies, I don't even really know what I'd be interested in. I think some time would be good for me.

And then I can figure out how to gently kick out my roommate without a thousand other things on my head.

Edit: Yeah, just failed that final. Whoopee, there goes my future or something. I dunno, can't be fucked to figure out how big a deal that is anymore.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 03:43:15 pm by chaotic skies »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120738 on: May 16, 2022, 03:37:25 am »

I woke up this morning to find my old tomcat lying in the kitchen.
R.I.P. my buddy.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #120739 on: May 16, 2022, 07:15:58 am »

My condolences. That's really sad. :(

How old was he, if I may ask?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120740 on: May 16, 2022, 07:23:44 am »

He was only, and already 13. Only, because that's pretty young for an average cat's age, already, because he managed life with genetic disorder (dwarf growth) and chronic sneezing and drooling since he got the cat flu as a 3 week old kitten pretty damn well up to today.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120741 on: May 16, 2022, 07:44:06 am »

Aw allergic tomcat :( poor thing
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120742 on: May 18, 2022, 01:16:17 am »

With the Ukraine war on top of the corona crisis on top of extreme drought, every 48 seconds a human dies of hunger in Ethiopia, Kenia and Somalia.
23 million people are eperiencing extreme famine in the 3 countries (up from 10 million last year).
7 million children are malnourished.
A large part of the countries' livestock has also died of hunger and thirst.
In Ethiopia, food prices have risen by 66% since the war in Ukraine started.
Oxfam Novib and Save The Children fear a repeat of 2011 in Ethiopia, when 260 thousand Somalis died of hunger.

To solve worldwide hunger, at least 46 billion dollars are needed this year. So far, only 6.1 million dollars have been granted.
Of the 4,4 billion dollars needed to help Ethiopia, Kenia and Somalia, less than 2% has so far been financed.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120743 on: May 18, 2022, 07:53:47 pm »

I am frustrated the TF out of my mind. I can't help myself from infini-scrolling crappy social media sites that are bound to give me absolutely nothing back in return for my time investment. They can only bait you into reactionnary anger and those sites are the biggest waste of time known to man. I've been doing it for the better part of two weeks and still don't have it in me to do anything else, and the scrolling is so ungratifying it's litteraly a downward spiral. I am allready so done with the heat, wanna bet this is gonna be the hottest summer on record in many places, yes technically it's not summer, also hottest summer yet...

I don't want people around me I wish the stuff would just manifest where it winds up bein thrown away anyway, and I could deal with in an empty parc, I might even make it to retirement then.

Also the other sex is a nuisance too... just this evening I went to pick up a kebab and there was a familly seating themselves with a girl dressed like, idk she needed to pass the doorman at the hottest club ever, not that she needed to draw any additional attention she was extremly good-looking, but I can only presume she was a teenager... and as I step past them she stares at me like a deer in the headlight, like way too obvious I couldn't help but to throw back a bewildered look, which then prompted the dad to greet me in an annoyed tone. It was all around gross. Why do they do that? ugh. Just don't! I might be double your age. And even if I completly misjudge the age (I'm not good at it) like get a hold of yourself your dad just got a big whiff of it. I'm done with that stuff anyway. Just the thought of trying to relax my back to make it crack and pop like I need to when there is another "gravity drain" on the matelas, not worth any other perks, retrospectively I cannot understand how I tolerated the constant compromises with my ex, nor how she tolerated what was allready a grumpy old man in anything but physique.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:58:10 pm by dragdeler »
let

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #120744 on: May 19, 2022, 02:40:54 pm »

The SCP wiki is down due to hackers that are believed to be from Russia.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120745 on: May 20, 2022, 07:01:17 am »

The SCP wiki is down due to hackers that are believed to be from Russia.
DnD wikidot too. Looks like the main wikisight which smaller wikis run from are being targeted, and these smaller wikis are collateral damage

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120746 on: May 20, 2022, 11:31:19 am »

Turns out Russia was the Keter-class SCP that's been under our noses the entire time.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120747 on: May 20, 2022, 11:36:30 am »

Russia going after a SCP website.
That explains a lot of their failures.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #120748 on: May 20, 2022, 01:58:11 pm »

Russia's or the Foundation's :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120749 on: May 25, 2022, 10:39:28 pm »

I love my grandpa
He was a painter, and he isn't my blood.  He was a  cook in Vietnam.  I keep a gold-trimmed paintbrush he was awarded for his post-war work.  He married my gma even though she had two children.  He was a conservative but he was very kind about it.
He is more my family than my father.  Family is who we choose.
[friend acknowledgement]
He was jovial, and he was very good at frying fish.  And hushpuppies.
He loved Christmas even more than my gma, which is saying something.
He married her despite them having different denominations.  And when it turned out his church was deeply corrupt, he joined hers.  Quietly.
[friend acknowledgement]
I mean, sad that he became a Southern Baptist, but this particular Baptist church was relatively cool
I used to sit in bible studies with her church, and they were... interesting.  Unironically.  Bible study can be fun.
And this particular church joined the schism against the racist portion
Gpa finished wood, and sometimes worked it a little.  He had a workshop.  More the finishing than the working.  It was a nice retirement, from what I heard.
He tried to teach me, but I was distracted by his radio.  So it goes.
[friend acknowledgement]
I think I'm done, thank you.  The guy deserves a better eulogy than what the church gave him.  I stood up during the service - ah heck, here I go - and told the story about how I stole some ice cream, and he paid for it and taught me not to take advantage of workers.
That's it, now I'm done.

Friend:
oh wow
he seems like he was a good person
Rolan7 — Today at 10:22 PM
Despite having shit political opinions, yeah.  He was a good guy.
Friend:
i can see why you care about him

Edit: This was a few years ago, I just felt... I don't know, that he deserved a better eulogy than his shit church gave him.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 10:44:26 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8048 8049 [8050] 8051 8052 ... 8156