Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8053 8054 [8055] 8056 8057 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572980 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120810 on: July 01, 2022, 05:58:12 am »

Technoblade uploaded his last Youtube video. He is dead now. From cancer.

Man, he was a funny guy. He inspired and brought smiles to many. Fuck cancer, seriously.

He had a potential future ahead of him. But I suppose it was never meant to be.

Death. It is such a strange thing.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120811 on: July 01, 2022, 06:15:35 am »

Rest in peace, Technoblade.

Technoblade never dies! He lives on in the hearts and minds of his fans.

And I'm sorry for them, Frumple.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 07:07:56 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120812 on: July 07, 2022, 01:34:02 am »

My girlfriend is apparently triggered by the thought of me coming home after a month of not seeing each other because in similar situations her mother used to stonewall her. Because of this coming up at the last minute and her being too upset to finish talking about it tonight, the plans we had of her picking me up from the airport and then having dinner at her place (her awful housemate is finally out of town) have been largely blown.

I'm frustrated, angry, and stressed out. I went to visit my parents because I desperately needed some rest and relaxation after a serious trauma. We've agreed for the past month that she would come and get me, we were looking forward to it, and now I'm looking forward to being accused of causing her stress/"projecting" because that's what happens next in our cycle. It's either put up with this shit or cap off two hellish months with a breakup.

I just feel ... so mixed up. Worthless because all of the pain I've experienced and my gender make me worthless as a romantic partner and as a human being. Stressed because I know that I should finish off the relationship. Scared because she gets crazy and freaky when she thinks she's being abandoned.

I'm sick of this. I miss being a human being.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120813 on: July 07, 2022, 02:47:37 am »

I may be out of line here but from what I've read here your girlfriend really treats you selfishly sometimes. It really doesn't seem fair to you at all.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120814 on: July 07, 2022, 02:58:03 am »

I don't think it's fair either, and I doubt the relationship would have lasted this long if my self-esteem and social networks were intact post-2020.

Thank you for watching over me. I'm going to keep writing about it here, good or bad. Just need some of that old-fashioned human comfort.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120815 on: July 07, 2022, 03:39:32 am »

Vector, you are you, and most definitely a human being.
You should either try to have a really sincere talk with your girlfriend about how her behaviour towards you makes YOU feel, or if that's pointless, do break up. Whatever she does with that, or threatens to do with that is on her, and totally not on you.
You deserve better than being dragged down.

Also, The Offspring. The lyrics are sarcasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abrn8aVQ76Q
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #120816 on: July 07, 2022, 07:45:21 am »

The creator of yugioh died in some sort of snorkeling mishap.
Sharks may have been involved
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120817 on: July 07, 2022, 07:51:18 am »

The creator of yugioh died in some sort of snorkeling mishap.
Sharks may have been involved
RIP big boss

sent to the shadow realm before his time

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120818 on: July 07, 2022, 11:50:23 pm »

Also, it seems like someone may have assassinated Shinzo Abe ...

(I don't intend to imply that these two events are related in any way).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120819 on: July 08, 2022, 03:29:38 am »

For real? I heard an ex-PM got shot but Abe was my favourite one

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120820 on: July 08, 2022, 03:41:42 am »

According to my newspaper, he is in hospital in critical condition after being shot in the chest and in the throat.

EDIT: He has died in hospital. R.I.P.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 05:02:46 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120821 on: July 09, 2022, 04:25:14 am »

I'm planning to break it off tomorrow. I thought about it for quite a while but there's ingrained aspects to the relationship that are not exactly healthy (the selfishness thing) and then aspects that feel somehow downright abusive/like my value as a person is being erased in the context of the relationship.

I think my partner was not really prepared for dating a trans person. I'm far outside of her usual dating norm and it feels like, for her, she got someone who she was physically attracted to who she could press into being "the man" in the relationship (someone who dealt with all the shit she didn't want to deal with and paid for her while she chilled and enjoyed being "the woman," i.e. "the princess."). I tried multiple times to share queer media about trans people with her but she is just. Totally disinterested and borderline grossed out, and seems not to even have any trans or gnc friends. Meanwhile she follows a bunch of Harry Potter shit and gold star lesbians on social media.

She's Israeli and I do have both Israel-attached friends and lots of other Jewish friends. I wish she would get the fucking picture already, but instead we're going to have to be through.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120822 on: July 09, 2022, 05:44:11 am »

That's brutal; it's all too common that people try to press you into a mold rather than learn who you are. What does the harry potter and gold star bit mean? They're not J.K. Rowlinging you are they?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120823 on: July 09, 2022, 06:07:28 am »

Gold star lesbians are a group who pride themselves on never having been with a man, unlike those other lesbians and are known for being TERFs/biphobic and making a lot of really gross jokes about how much they hate all men and blah blah blah. The reason why it's a problem is because in general, part of "never having been with a man" is about priding yourself of course ... on never having been with a trans woman.

Am I a trans woman? No. Do I care? Absolutely I do, I identify as "half and half" or "balanced" and the same group would either... be "yuck, a trans person" or "Oh! a woman, you won't ruin my scorecard." That kind of thing.

As for Harry Potter, I told the soon-to-be-ex at the beginning of the relationship that I really detest Harry Potter and feel actively threatened by JK Rowling's internet activities and the various people who go "well, it's too bad Rowling hates you guys and is getting a social movement sprung up, I love that wizard stuff." Turns out that her only involvement in nerd culture is the wizard stuff, which when I randomly saw on her Facebook months into the relationship she was like "lol deal."

The worst "treating me like a man" thing is that in lieu of any other form of caring about me she's repeatedly said that she can shake her boobs and make me do whatever she wants. It was briefly funny but then she started saying it in more serious conversations and it became. Just really wrong.

I'm completely fucking demoralized. There's a lot of different little things like this but the above is the one that I feel so humiliated by that I haven't been able to tell anyone until now.

"you, you queer... you'll take this and you'll like it," right?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #120824 on: July 09, 2022, 09:26:55 am »

Ooof, that's rough Vector. Sorry you had to deal with all that.

And, yeah, sounds like ending the relationship is the healthy thing to do. She does not sound like someone who's got any interest in a mature and equal relationship.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 8053 8054 [8055] 8056 8057 ... 8156