Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8053 8054 [8055] 8056 8057 ... 8066

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 7134209 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Wacky fox do uncharacteristic thing
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120810 on: June 23, 2022, 09:08:18 am »

RIP.
Долой царя! Смерть Путину! Да здравствует социализм!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120811 on: June 23, 2022, 09:37:57 am »

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120812 on: June 23, 2022, 04:12:20 pm »

I wish I could go to the Rainbow Bridge for animals that don't have anyone coming ... I'd just stay there... my personal heaven
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120813 on: June 24, 2022, 12:36:18 pm »

American voters. They voted in a serial rapist bigot who didn't think Donald Trump was racist or against Roe V Wade enough, and yelled at anyone who suggested it wasn't a good idea. Now they complain that they got what they wanted (anti-women, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-poor, racist, etc.).

They're either too stupid and lazy to see they're causing problems, or actively bigots. And they get mad at anyone who tries to actually do anything about the problems they cause.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120814 on: June 24, 2022, 12:37:24 pm »

which serial rapist bigot?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120815 on: June 24, 2022, 12:49:01 pm »

I think "they" are not sad - I know many people who specifically voted for Trump purely on the basis of him saying he'd stack SCOTUS to repeal Roe v Wade.

They tolerated all his other terrible things simply for that goal.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120816 on: June 24, 2022, 12:54:27 pm »

I would like to emphasize: I'm pretty sure that you're talking about Biden, iduno, but this court decision was made by three Trump justices, not anyone from the Biden administration or placed by a Democrat.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120817 on: June 24, 2022, 02:04:58 pm »

Indeed, this wouldn't even have been possible if the same people eagerly sucking down anti-Biden lies hadn't happily sucked down anti-Hillary lies while screaming "DON'T LECTURE US ON THE SUPREME COURT, BERNIE OR BUST!!!!!".

"If I lose, Trump will appoint Justices that will overturn Roe" was a major plank in Clinton's 2016 platform. And Bernie Bros mocked her for "fearmongering".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120818 on: June 25, 2022, 05:15:05 am »

Thanks bobarmer.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120819 on: June 25, 2022, 06:06:58 am »

There was a mass shooting in Oslo last night. 2 dead, 21 injured. The cops managed to apprehend the suspect, and while there's no official motive given yet, considering the timing and the locations of the shooting it's assumed that this was a terror attack against the LGBTQ+ community. As such, Oslo Pride, the country's largest and most influential Pride observation, has been cancelled on recommendations from the police.

I'd been in Oslo most of the day, along with a couple friends who are very much in the community. We were all back home and safe before any of this started happening, but of course it's still just a horrifying turn of events. We're still going to be keeping our colors up, as it seems now more than ever they're needed.

And this coming right on the heels of the supreme court decision is just... Deeply saddening.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120820 on: June 25, 2022, 06:13:19 am »

Take care, Kagus!
Love, scriver~

vcd14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120821 on: June 25, 2022, 08:07:38 am »

Christ that sounds horrible, glad to hear you and your friends are safe. Good on you for flying the colours.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Wacky fox do uncharacteristic thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #120822 on: June 25, 2022, 11:18:11 am »

Oh my God, that is terrible.
Долой царя! Смерть Путину! Да здравствует социализм!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120823 on: June 26, 2022, 04:35:50 am »

Yes indeed, that's terrible.
Sad that the government decided to cancel the parade too, I don't think that was nescessary.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120824 on: June 26, 2022, 02:46:22 pm »

Yeah, there have been a number of eyebrows raised at the decision to cancel all Pride-related arrangements and recommend that people stay away/home from the city center... But I'd rather not delve into conspiratorial thinking, and would prefer to just see it as an overabundance of caution.

On the brighter side, a significant number of people decided that they weren't going to let something like that stop them from having Pride, and met up for a spontaneous parade anyways, marching through the city and finishing at the main gay bar that had been shot up. Still getting out there and showing their colors.

Similarly, there was a huge outpouring of support and everything resembling a rainbow flag or Pride bracelet was completely sold out everywhere around the city. To the extent where I had to buy some multicolored yarn and just tie my own janky-ass bracelet to have anything at all at the music festival we were attending :P It was the only thing left.
Pages: 1 ... 8053 8054 [8055] 8056 8057 ... 8066