Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8065 8066 [8067] 8068 8069 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471361 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120990 on: August 27, 2022, 05:54:06 pm »

at ghbb
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:16:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120991 on: August 29, 2022, 11:36:59 am »

Symptoms are getting worse, got whole body weakness now and it's feeling pretty bad. Like I can still walk and stuff, but I really just feel straight up weaker than I've felt before, excluding that one time I got food poisoning. I'm also feeling a bit clumsy.

Calling the doctor (again) tomorrow, I've got a list of all my symptoms that developed in the past few months, and if they try to say "Wait and see" I'm telling them I'm done with that because it'd be the third time I've been told to wait and see. I just want something to be done about it, I've had random onset palpitations for a few months at this point and if that's related then the whole issue's been going on for at least that long.

Personally I'd say the whole suite of symptoms stinks of something neurological, and from what I gather with stuff like that it's very much something you want to get on top of.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:40:43 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120992 on: August 30, 2022, 06:52:39 pm »

I think I'm going to have to cut down 5 trees in my yard, all in the same area. I don't know what is wrong with the soil there, but quite a few are dead or dying, and several in that area have already fallen on each other, causing cascading damage.

One of them is massive - probably a 3 foot diameter trunk.  That one has already had several large sub-trunks fall off (too big to call them "branches" - it's like where the main trunk splits into other "trunks" a good foot and a half to two-feet in diameter). Gonna be a pain...  and lots of shade lost.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120993 on: August 31, 2022, 04:22:33 am »

Always sucks when you have to do that, hopefully they aren't close to anything important so it isn't a massive pain to take them down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120994 on: August 31, 2022, 06:18:09 am »

Disease? If they're all the same species or related.

Viroid possibly? Or maybe just a nutritional deficit.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120995 on: August 31, 2022, 06:40:31 am »

I suspect it's soil or fungus related - I think it's four different species of tree in that copse.

A common factor is moisture - they are in a part of the yard that has had a lot of transient flooding ("variable wetland" is the official wording on the plat), so maybe their roots / lower trunks are suffering rot/mildew.

Luckily I think they are all safe from hitting structures if they fall (exception maybe being a raised flowerbed in the neighbors yard); there were some really tall ones there that already fell.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120996 on: August 31, 2022, 11:38:15 am »

Sorry you're having to do that :(  My dad had to take down a really nice pecan tree last year, I had fond memories of getting fresh pecans when the squirrels didn't eat all the buds.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120997 on: September 01, 2022, 07:35:34 am »

I'm not
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:16:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120998 on: September 01, 2022, 10:35:12 am »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120999 on: September 01, 2022, 02:31:47 pm »

Legs are getting increasingly weak, the doctors are still going on the basis of "Eh, wait and see"

You know, I'm beginning to think they've no fucking idea here, and they're maintaining the "Just hope it goes away" mentality.

I'm losing sleep over this. Turns out it's really fucking anxiety inducing when you're rapidly getting weaker and weaker and the response from the people who are supposed to do something about it is to FUCKING DO NOTHING.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #121000 on: September 01, 2022, 03:50:40 pm »

My lease has a clause that I have to give intent of renewal or not two months ahead of the end of the lease. Seeing that it was nine days out, I sent the company an email asking if I could go month-to-month or bimonthly as winter looms. They got back pretty quick to say they'd ask the property owner and would I be interested in another six month lease?

Told them I'd like to hear what the property owner has to say first.

Ghosted.

So, of course, since I want my deposit back, I emailed them last night (last day to determine if I'm renewing or not) to say I'd take the six month lease. Midday today they got back to say they'd be happy to draft up a new lease.

Scumfucks. I've had ants coming out of three different walls, none of the walls meet at right angles, one of the windows is disintegrating, and it's an hour at least to any moderately sized city.

Odds are pretty good they'll find something to dock my deposit against anyways, so maybe I should just not sign the new lease and fuck off at the end of October. Or I buckle in and make a concerted effort to get a job outside the country. It might be a dark and lonely winter, though. The alternative is buggering off to, I dunno, Colorado? to pay too much in rent for a whole year, putting me farther away from getting out of the country.

Ach, I'm so tired of moving. More specifically, I'm tired of having stuff I have to haul around and move, much of which I cannot jettison from my life because it's family furniture.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121001 on: September 02, 2022, 12:16:12 pm »

ji
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:16:08 pm by dragdeler »
let

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121002 on: September 02, 2022, 03:05:47 pm »

My Gran's struggling more and more to use her tablet for communication, and she's getting confused and thinking old messages are new ones and getting herself worked up. On top of that she's gone almost completely deaf, to the point that lip-reading is almost always necessary for her to understand what people are saying to her.

Dementia, even mild dementia, is a horrible thing, and that it pairs with other maladies of old age is frankly just unsporting of life.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121003 on: September 02, 2022, 04:11:32 pm »

Legs are getting increasingly weak, the doctors are still going on the basis of "Eh, wait and see"

You know, I'm beginning to think they've no fucking idea here, and they're maintaining the "Just hope it goes away" mentality.

I'm losing sleep over this. Turns out it's really fucking anxiety inducing when you're rapidly getting weaker and weaker and the response from the people who are supposed to do something about it is to FUCKING DO NOTHING.

I am not a doctor, but I have a few friends with MS. Sounds like it could be a post-viral syndrome, especially if you had COVID at some point. You might try looking for an online support group to share information.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121004 on: September 03, 2022, 07:55:33 pm »

...Gma suffered another injury yesterday, and I was most convenient to drive her to the hospital (FUCK using an ambulance).  Sharp pain in her "thigh".  Actually her knee, but she can barely hear and is always confused.  Pretty far into dementia.

Sat with her in the ER waiting room and then the actual room.  Time ticked by scary fast.  She pretty much just slept, despite it being the day.  I thought I was fine, messing with my phone and assisting as staff after staff came in and attempted to speak with her like
like a person

I think I don't consider my gma fully alive anymore.  Certainly not after 2-3PM.  There's a glimmer of her still there in the mornings, but it's not like any of us are around to see that.  I miss her.  When she was going deaf, and losing vision, it was rough but she still had so much to say.

And I think... I mean, she mumbles in her sleep.  I think she's back there, in her memories.  She was able to recite her birthday.  That's all still there.  She just doesn't know the present.  She doesn't know me.  She keeps mistaking me for my dad (why not my aunt, huh?  ...cruel thought.  Very unfair, I still have his ponytail).

I got... "autistic" about the hospital staff, though I buried that.  I seethed about how incompetent the system seemed.  Nothing made sense, all arbitrary and wasteful.  Giving the same information over and over and over.  Records missing her allergies.  Each new face attempting to talk to her as if she isn't blind deaf and dumb.  INCOMPETENT.  But that was internal- I was there and I helped.
I was there and I helped.

It gave me a lot of very angry thoughts.  Mostly aimed at systems.
I've been struggling with one very concise medical question for at least a month now.  I keep trying to google it.  I keep asking in appropriate circles.  No one has heard of my problem, except for one kook on 4chan who gave me rather dangerous advice.  My mom, an ex-nurse, doesn't know.  Asks me to check with a professional.  The question seems so simple, though, and I keep trying to find an answer.  But all the searches return either "If you face any problems whatsoever, stop everything and call a doctor (so I guess by powering through I died)" or "lol just put it directly in your muscle, *slur*, it worked for me".

I wish I could go to the hospital just because my knee hurts.  Pay a 65$ copay (I'm covering her, I'll get it back) and get 4 nurses and 2 doctors to examine my problem.  Be seen in the EMERGENCY room for a painful knee, have my blood and urine drawn and tested, a doctor finding the problem (NOT her thigh, and not her hip, she and my dad were both WRONG).

All that- all that for a v-veg... why the fuck don't I rate a fucking answer for a generic fucking question???  I DO!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8065 8066 [8067] 8068 8069 ... 8153