Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8067 8068 [8069] 8070 8071 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577507 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121020 on: September 06, 2022, 11:56:11 pm »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and life tidbits people. Communicating this stuff is useful because I would think it would help with processing. Take care and keep on trucking.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121021 on: September 08, 2022, 08:00:19 am »

Guess who got turned down by a therapist because I refused to tell everyone I'm trans and don't want to look like a man in a dress and wig because it'd make them super dysphoric?

If you guessed me, you're right. Now I get another six months of waiting for a new therapist who hopefully has less stringent requirements. Failing that I'm going the DIY route and telling the doctor to effectively extort blood tests out of them.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121022 on: September 08, 2022, 04:00:39 pm »

That's shitty G.O. but on the bright side, you really wouldn't want to be saddled with the wrong therapist, it'd chance doing more hassle than good for you

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121023 on: September 08, 2022, 04:43:25 pm »

That's shitty G.O. but on the bright side, you really wouldn't want to be saddled with the wrong therapist, it'd chance doing more hassle than good for you

Yes. I know someone who was suicidal, had a near-miss (people were horribly worried and couldn’t get in touch), saw a therapist a few weeks later and were told they were fine, and should get addicted to exercise instead of alcohol by the therapist.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121024 on: September 08, 2022, 05:10:13 pm »

On the other hand because of the UK's rules, it also means that's put a pin in any plans for furthering my transition.

Therapist's basically there to ensure that you are actually trans and, ostensibly, provide support. TERF island being what it is, the reality is so that people aren't going "Oh no but what if The Transgenders turn my kid into one of them?!"

I'd have been able to survive seeing a shitty therapist on a half-yearly basis, especially since I could have worked towards being with a different one so I only had to deal with one or two sessions. This thing's set the whole fucking process back by half a year. The only thing that's kept me out of depression is having realised what's been going on in my life and taking steps towards fixing it. Shit like this very much runs the risk of sending me spiralling back there, and last time that happened I almost hanged myself.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121025 on: September 08, 2022, 05:17:41 pm »

TERF island gave me a sensible chuckle. Imagine you walk through the door and it's just J.K. Rowling tweeting @ you for 2 hours

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121026 on: September 08, 2022, 06:17:58 pm »

There's good therapists?  Never met one.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121027 on: September 09, 2022, 03:56:18 am »

RIP Queen.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121028 on: September 10, 2022, 07:46:22 am »

Came across someone who's telling me I *have* to be an out-and-proud trans person else I'm basically betraying The Trans CauseTM.

You know, if I had a choice in this I wouldn't be trans. I don't want to be trans. I'd rather just be cis, but because of something I have no choice over apparently I have to act in a certain way? Fuck that.

This shit really pisses me off. I refuse to live my life in a certain way because some other cunt's decided that my unwilling participation in a group means I must.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121029 on: September 10, 2022, 09:54:25 am »

Yikes, that person's an asshole.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121030 on: September 10, 2022, 02:27:07 pm »

I know people who refuse to identify themselves as gay or trans for that specific reason - a very loud minority places strong "you must be an activist or you're a traitor" pressure on everybody in the group.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #121031 on: September 10, 2022, 04:38:54 pm »

I clicked "Show new replies to your posts" and saw this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thought about all the time I spent playing this game, and the time I spent in this community. But I ended up drifting away, and things have changed so much, both for me and everyone here. Finally downloaded DF for the first time in almost 7 years. Last time I played was before the multi-tile tree update, which I was eagerly waiting for.

Also R.E previous posts, at the very least you've kept your own identity, rather than an identity that someone else wants you to have for their own reasons. It might suck, but in the long term losing yourself and becoming what other people want you to be can ruin you. Always try to be confident in yourself and what you want yourself to be, imo.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121032 on: September 11, 2022, 09:06:48 am »

One of my fathers-side relatives, a 6 year old little boy, has died today. Doctors said they couldn't get a reflex reaction in the first day, and have just reported that the brain death has occured today, in the second day.

He had cerebral hemorrhage after hitting his head. Just a simple hit to the head. Something that, in a better timeline, he might have only cried about, even merely brushed off. But it didn't. And he is gone. My paternal grandfather, my only grandparent left, announced the news on the phone just a few minutes back. I am very sad right now. I didn't even knew the kid. I can't fathom what the mother is feeling right now.

He was going to start his school life and be a 1st grade student tomorrow. His uniform, notebooks and pencils were all ready too. He never got to use them. He isn't coming back home.

Never again.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121033 on: September 11, 2022, 09:52:26 am »

Pretty sure I can feel my depression creeping back up on me. It's not helped by the fact I'm, still, socially isolated.

Just my damn luck to be friends with people who are scattered everywhere in the country except nearby.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121034 on: September 11, 2022, 01:33:12 pm »

That's too young, Magmacube. Sadly it's all too common for people to pass away after slipping a small distance. I wish you and your family all the best
Pages: 1 ... 8067 8068 [8069] 8070 8071 ... 8156