Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8073 8074 [8075] 8076 8077 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8566720 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121110 on: October 10, 2022, 02:59:36 pm »

hah
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:58:42 am by dragdeler »
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121111 on: October 10, 2022, 03:07:21 pm »

There is a real issue with how all the legal or at least somewhat socially accepted protest methods seem to be pitting working class people against each other. I don't think anybody has come up with a better solution yet. (call me class reductionist, but that umbrella is way shorter and more accurate than to go listing the whole rainbow coalition or however you'd like to it)
They prove their willingness to risk legal troubles? Great take it to the next level and actually do something sturdy instead of that dollhouse shit. Bring some fucking powertools, be more professional. Where are your social engineering skills? 90% of the time people ain't gonna mess with somebody who looks like they're doing their job. Get a neon vest and a hardhat and you're halfway there. Better yet get a firetruck and start shutting down airports arguing abundance of caution, I'm sure they wouldn't like to take chances if there are credible concerns about safety and a whole lot of confusion... I should shut up  :-X :D.

Great Idea! Now you're in jail, you've given  denialists somebody to point to and say "look how deranged the "global warming" psychos are! Why are you listening to them?", and you've accomplished precisely jack shit of any value. Nice job!
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121112 on: October 10, 2022, 03:17:21 pm »

Yeah it's tragic, but I'm confident they'll fly until there is no more kerosene to use. Maybe you can buy the global epiphany like 1/41700th of a global daily flight quota, worth in time? At least they'd have a better story to tell when they're in jail.
let

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121113 on: October 10, 2022, 06:20:02 pm »

I am having a horrible fucking time with trying to catch up with work post-COVID, I feel like human garbage and I feel like no matter how hard I work I will never get out of this hole.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121114 on: October 10, 2022, 10:11:03 pm »

Post COVID sucks, and legit scares me.

A friend's insomnia worsened and his concentration is down. He was known for board games and I've been told he has been having issues with those (unconfirmed). This one of many reasons I am still scared of COVID. I hope you get better.

Personally, I'm just sorta action paralyzed. I freeze and do not want to do anything, even things I know are good for me and that I can do, because I'm just so sick of everyone complaining about everything. No atta girl, and no silent acceptance. People love complaining, but rarely do they help. I've done a fairly decent job of things considering that holy hell society just about fell apart in the pandemic. Everything was stressed all over the place and I somehow came out of it at all. Most of the screw ups that happened, were just legit not my fault, or in many cases, anyone's fault. It just seems like "other people" are allowed and entitled to complain, but the thought rarely crosses my mind. I don't care. The person working at subway slightly screwed up my order, but I'll live. Also, it isn't their fault really. I just don't want to be a bitch, and even if I did, I'm too tired. Even before "the Karens" became a thing, I just have never cared enough to complain like that, but it bothers me that everyone seems to. I have to keep telling myself I'm a person worthy of living, because I haven't really done anything wrong, haven't hurt anybody, and am not all the awful things people complain about.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121115 on: October 11, 2022, 03:21:57 pm »

Downstairs neighbors started to renovate their apartment. Expected duration is a month and a half, most of the work being done in the morning and early afternoon, generally working hours for most people so the disturbance isn't great.

Except for me who works two night shifts every week and gets to enjoy being woken up multiple times by hammering and fucking drilling after an exhausting night. And I still have a month to go :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121116 on: October 11, 2022, 04:01:18 pm »

Parenting is hard.

Trying to figure out how to help our kid understand that they broke a promise; not any kind of material impact at all, but it's annoying.

Plus they already have pretty severe self-deprecation issues, so how do you teach what it means to not go back on your word, without making them feel like they are a bad person (they take everything so personally).

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121117 on: October 11, 2022, 11:03:52 pm »

Downstairs neighbors started to renovate their apartment. Expected duration is a month and a half, most of the work being done in the morning and early afternoon, generally working hours for most people so the disturbance isn't great.

Except for me who works two night shifts every week and gets to enjoy being woken up multiple times by hammering and fucking drilling after an exhausting night. And I still have a month to go :V
Get a fan or white noise machine and run it loud next to your bed, get some earplugs ready to put on when you get woken up in the morning, and have a pillow ready to stick over your head.

Obviously even those steps won't cut out 100% of the sound, but it should help.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121118 on: October 13, 2022, 12:50:56 pm »

Mars always makes me sad. It had oceans, a thick atmosphere and all that. But even then, it couldn't he Earth. It never stood a chance.

If one of the rovers find a fossil or something I will legit cry.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121119 on: October 13, 2022, 01:22:26 pm »

At least unlike a lot of animal endangerment and extinction, it wasn't humanity's fault for once.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121120 on: October 13, 2022, 01:49:50 pm »

At least unlike a lot of animal endangerment and extinction, it wasn't humanity's fault for once.

"New glyphs uncovered reveal that ANCIENT EGYPTIAN ASTRONAUTS killed all the life on Mars!"

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121121 on: October 13, 2022, 02:51:47 pm »

I subscribe to the invader Zim episode that explained what happened to the martians: they died out trying to convert Mars into a giant spaceship.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121122 on: October 14, 2022, 05:14:43 am »

Hopefully no one uses the spaceship mars as a weapon and squishes all life on Earth with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121123 on: October 14, 2022, 10:08:55 am »

I feel so confused by everything.

I am confused about this too.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121124 on: October 14, 2022, 12:42:15 pm »

Robbie Coltrane died.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8073 8074 [8075] 8076 8077 ... 8156