Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8081 8082 [8083] 8084 8085 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574476 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121230 on: December 05, 2022, 07:26:09 pm »

I've had a ringing in my ear for as long as I can remember, but I used to think that's just what silence was like.

It probably can't be too good to wear headphones all the time, even with an ear open. Though I do it too, since the only place for my desk in my room faces away from the door, and I need to know if I'm being called.

Probably doesn't help that I work in a factory. It's actually been a lot quieter at work since we took our largest machine out, but it's still hard to talk to someone right next to you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121231 on: December 05, 2022, 09:52:53 pm »

Somewhere in the operating paperwork for those machines, there's probably a line that says something along the lines of "Anyone around these for any length of time should be wearing hearing protection", heh.

... if there's not, even odds it's either because it's an intentional omission, or no one's gotten around to suing the manufacturer yet :V

Anyway, yeah, tinnitus is a catchall term but it's not a single condition, the effect can be caused by a number of things, some of which actually are treatable. If it's a worry, do talk to a doc -- some of the fixes/mitigations are as relative simple as ear wax removal or adjusting medications.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #121232 on: December 05, 2022, 11:39:43 pm »

Continuing to wonder if I'm a copy of Rolan. I also have faint tinnitus and good hearing and like to listen to the rain and distant sounds.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121233 on: December 05, 2022, 11:46:52 pm »

... anyway, yeah, for years now I've liked thinking of the faint sound in relative silence as the music of the celestial spheres. Sound of the heavens grinding away. It's a way to internalize it as something that's okay, rather than annoying.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121234 on: December 06, 2022, 05:19:21 am »

Indonesia just took another step back from civilzation, towards religious extremism.
The Indonesian parliament just passed a law that makes living together unmarried, or having sex before marriage a criminal offense, punishable with up to 1 year in prison.
Promotion of contraception, and blasphemy will also become a criminal offense.

Insulting the president will get you up to three years in prison.

Critics inside Indonesia fear this will kill their tourism sector, since the new laws will also apply to foreigners.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 05:23:23 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121235 on: December 06, 2022, 06:31:12 am »

Critics inside Indonesia fear this will kill their tourism sector, since the new laws will also apply to foreigners.
Lmao this final footnote really hammers home the black comedy of the situation

"News just in: meteorite to obliterate human civilisation. Likely to result in economic recession,"

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121236 on: December 06, 2022, 06:49:25 am »

I have very slightly and occasional tinnitus.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121237 on: December 07, 2022, 11:47:51 am »

The Indonesian parliament just passed a law that makes living together unmarried

News just in: Parents outlawed in Indonesia
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #121238 on: December 09, 2022, 10:47:49 pm »

Somehow, Kiwi Farms returned.

Anyways, they've been harassing Kitfox and doxxing people, because the chuds got convinced DF is their game and "the queers" are taking it away. Hope they all die horrible deaths like the cockroaches they are. I have good reasons to believe that Strik3r was one of them also.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121239 on: December 09, 2022, 11:17:49 pm »

A game that has included such things as Dwarf DayCare and industrial scale mermaid bone farming sounds about right for them.

For srs though, what? The game is a free download. If they want to have their trans-free experience (is there even trans anything in the base game?) they can just mod it that way, it’s not difficult, even for a community of low IQ fuds.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121240 on: December 10, 2022, 03:34:27 am »

Guys I have my first first world problem! Hahahha... so yeah is something that makes me really sad but at the first time it makes me feel like, "you know what dude, you used to be on the brink of starvation and wondered how to feed your family for just another week, you are gonna be fine".

On other news I'm also a bit sad because I read about the WNBA player that was release from Russia in a passing headline, and was like "yay". Then somebody told me that she was exchanged, not released, and the exchange was with a monstrous criminal... I'm happy for her, not happy for the cost it took.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 04:33:43 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121241 on: December 10, 2022, 04:25:47 am »

But does that kiwi farms place grow kiwis?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121242 on: December 10, 2022, 05:17:31 am »

Somehow, Kiwi Farms returned.

Anyways, they've been harassing Kitfox and doxxing people, because the chuds got convinced DF is their game and "the queers" are taking it away. Hope they all die horrible deaths like the cockroaches they are. I have good reasons to believe that Strik3r was one of them also.

Hasn't half this community always been queer? In what parallel dimension these quarterbrains been living on?

But does that kiwi farms place grow kiwis?

Unfortunately no. They grow transphobia and alt-right drama.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121243 on: December 10, 2022, 06:21:20 am »

I'm not queer, I'm just queer
Love, scriver~

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121244 on: December 10, 2022, 01:41:52 pm »

Guys I have my first first world problem! Hahahha... so yeah is something that makes me really sad but at the first time it makes me feel like, "you know what dude, you used to be on the brink of starvation and wondered how to feed your family for just another week, you are gonna be fine".

Phew, that's a complicated feeling. Congratulations/condolences, as appropriate <3
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8081 8082 [8083] 8084 8085 ... 8156