Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8082 8083 [8084] 8085 8086 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574943 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121245 on: December 10, 2022, 02:56:47 pm »

Thank you!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121246 on: December 10, 2022, 03:40:12 pm »

What was the problem if you don't mind me asking?
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121247 on: December 10, 2022, 04:54:32 pm »

Managed to buy a Switch for pete. Paid in parts and finished today. He has been bugging us about it since he learn it existed. So like the old man I am of course didn't take much into account the games themselves hahahaha

But somebody actually offered me a gif card for the nintendo shop and another pointed out about some free options in there.

Not that huge deal in honestly, but him being sad at having the console and no games to play for at least a week or so wouldn't have been fun at all. I know, I know, is a real stupid first world problem, but he has been such a champ in all the crap we had to dealt all these years, he deserved it and more.

He actually asked for nothing else.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121248 on: December 10, 2022, 05:06:51 pm »

I know my dad checks some youtube channel or two that posts whatevers the weekly sales on the switch's eshop.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121249 on: December 11, 2022, 03:17:01 am »

But does that kiwi farms place grow kiwis?
Unfortunately no.
Than their name is a lie!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121250 on: December 11, 2022, 03:38:38 am »

Hasn't half this community always been queer? In what parallel dimension these quarterbrains been living on?

Yes, but not openly so. There used to be only a couple of well-known female and/or openly queer users. This has changed within the last 10 years.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121251 on: December 11, 2022, 04:38:31 am »

Hasn't half this community always been queer? In what parallel dimension these quarterbrains been living on?

Yes, but not openly so. There used to be only a couple of well-known female and/or openly queer users. This has changed within the last 10 years.

Yeah, I heard the talk about y'all transing your genders in bulk. Was it because there were bigots?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121252 on: December 11, 2022, 07:30:05 am »

In my case it was because it took me a good long while to realise that "I wish I was a woman" wasn't a standard thought in cis men.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121253 on: December 11, 2022, 07:58:42 am »

In my case it was because it took me a good long while to realise that "I wish I was a woman" wasn't a standard thought in cis men.

lol

It's like that kind bisexual awakenings.

"Everyone gets tingly when they look at handsome man right? right?"
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121254 on: December 11, 2022, 09:08:11 am »

Yeah, I heard the talk about y'all transing your genders in bulk. Was it because there were bigots?

Bulk discount
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121255 on: December 11, 2022, 09:16:18 am »

it's not!?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121256 on: December 11, 2022, 10:14:16 am »

Somehow, Kiwi Farms returned.
Oh yeah, this was because after they got dropped a "free speech warrior" (ie someone who exclusively hosts extremist content) took up hosting them.

Good news is, they're hardly invulnerable. Although the forums couldn't be taken down, the owner's found a lot of other things going wrong since they decided to attack keffals. Turns out, if you know the person attacking you you can easily fight back through entirely legal means, such as getting their Google pay account suspended for being a general bigoted chud.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121257 on: December 11, 2022, 12:31:38 pm »

Why would somebody care who else is playing Dwarf Fortress and their life choices? The important is as many people play it to keep supporting its developing. If they are straight, gay, asexual or anything in between is their business... man you could swear people just make things up to have something to hate or waste time on.

You know I'm a bit conservative myself, but also think virtually everyone in this forum is a great human being, and your life choices are yours, period.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121258 on: December 11, 2022, 12:45:01 pm »

Why would somebody care who else is playing Dwarf Fortress and their life choices?

We are joking around. It is all good.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121259 on: December 11, 2022, 01:02:40 pm »

Why would somebody care who else is playing Dwarf Fortress and their life choices?
Because some people are so sensitive to things that they're offended by other people just living their lives, some people are convinced that [group] is actively working to subvert society in some way or another, or they see attacking a specific group as a good way to provide a common enemy. The last one's generally a media/political thing because anger sells and unites your supporters.
Pages: 1 ... 8082 8083 [8084] 8085 8086 ... 8156