Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8094 8095 [8096] 8097 8098 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577431 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121425 on: January 10, 2023, 12:29:19 am »

You can manage it well enough on a coil, though! The process is a bit different, but it's far from impossible, still makes plenty good food.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121426 on: January 10, 2023, 01:50:55 am »

The "doctors" put that magnetic induction device under your skin so you CAN stay away from stoves. You can just hold the pot in your hands to cook your food from now on.
By the gods, I wish. That would be super cool.

The bad news is that it's just a battery charger for the wires connected to my lower spine and sciatic nerves. I don't think I should be cooking with my legs or hind end, powerful as they are.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121427 on: January 10, 2023, 03:01:18 am »

We have a electric stove that was brand new when we got it and it just burns the shit out of everything no matter how you set it, the only thing we've figured is that there's something wrong with it.

Also started messing with my car today and found that the tire that was hidden behind some stuff is potentially fucked, can't get it to hold air and when I took it off it's still flat looking, good thing I had a spare.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121428 on: January 10, 2023, 03:42:08 pm »

Bad wiring or bad thermometer probably.

My concern was that the ban might include propane stoves anyway, or gas stoves that have been converted to propane (like ours, conversion is actually really easy.)

"Childhood asthma" seems kinda suspicious as an excuse. What research have they actually done to justify that claim? It feels like it could just be a way to force gas appliances off the market for electronic appliance companies. Remember, almost every regulatory agency in the US is under the thumb of the businesses they're supposed to be regulating. Remember Ajit Pai in the FCC?

Edit: apparently some studies do connect childhood asthma to natural gas stoves. Your dirty gasses aren't getting vented properly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 03:46:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #121429 on: January 10, 2023, 05:37:45 pm »

Wintertime loneliness is setting in. Struggling a little this week. It'll be fine, it just... sucks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121430 on: January 10, 2023, 05:57:50 pm »

I'm sorry, None :(

My stress level is becoming very, very high again. I caught COVID once after the triple-vax and it seems to have now damaged my ability to absorb nutrients and given me prediabetes. The anti-trans genocide is proceeding at a pace too rapid to possibly keep pace with and is, honestly, somewhat likely to destroy my academic career (along with countless people's entire lives). My advisor thinks my work is low-quality and that I'm not spending enough hours at it. I can barely think because I can't relax, and because I can't think, I can't work, and it is just starting to snowball...

I'm lonely, too. But spending time with others helps with the anxiety and just makes my academic situation worse.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #121431 on: January 10, 2023, 06:33:53 pm »

Ooof, sorry to hear about all that Vector. I really hope things can back into balance for you soon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121432 on: January 10, 2023, 08:48:35 pm »

I became electricstovetoppilled when our gas strove broke and got gummed up by the shit they put in the gas pipe. If you have to have someone come out and clean it or something, what's the point?

Only problem is increased lag between changing the dial and the coil changing temperatures, I think. We do have and use a wok on the coils.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121433 on: January 10, 2023, 09:56:49 pm »

-snip-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry to hear that None, and I hope things get better for you soon Vector.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 10:40:49 pm by BlackFlyme »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121434 on: January 11, 2023, 03:37:36 am »

A sensor or thermometer is what we're thinking, hopefully a new one is cheap and easy to install.

Also started messing with my car today and found that the tire that was hidden behind some stuff is potentially fucked, can't get it to hold air and when I took it off it's still flat looking, good thing I had a spare.
Hey guess what I looked at the car today and the fucking tire I just put on it was flat as hell and I have no idea why, guess it's a good thing I had two spares. Maybe I can figure out why that first spare started leaking suddenly.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121435 on: January 11, 2023, 03:54:47 am »

A sensor or thermometer is what we're thinking, hopefully a new one is cheap and easy to install.

Hey guess what I looked at the car today and the fucking tire I just put on it was flat as hell and I have no idea why, guess it's a good thing I had two spares. Maybe I can figure out why that first spare started leaking suddenly.

Uh... consider perhaps there is something on the wheel causing multiple tires to go flat in a row.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121436 on: January 11, 2023, 04:02:44 am »

Uh... consider perhaps there is something on the wheel causing multiple tires to go flat in a row.
I don't think so since it's a different tire and rim each time, I think my main problem is that all the tires in question are old and have been sitting for a few years.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121437 on: January 11, 2023, 07:51:21 pm »

Yep, used tires are the epitome of "you get what you pay for".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121438 on: January 12, 2023, 03:30:36 am »

And now both full sized spares and the original tire are flat, guess it's a good thing I still have the doughnut tire in there. What did I do to the tire gods to piss them off this much?

Yep, used tires are the epitome of "you get what you pay for".
The problem seems to be that they're old as dirt and aren't on the rims all the way anymore and I don't have the right stuff to get them back on there.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121439 on: January 12, 2023, 03:32:24 am »

If you get a new tire and it also goes flat, just know that I told you so :p
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 8094 8095 [8096] 8097 8098 ... 8156