Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8107 8108 [8109] 8110 8111 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470880 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121620 on: March 30, 2023, 12:22:44 pm »

I'm really concerned about my Mom, who has been hallucinating and ranting hysterically for the last day. Maybe she took some drugs and she's having a bad reaction. Either way, I'm completely drained from having to deal with her. She's already been discharged from the hospital, who say she's just "a little high" and she's lucid enough that she can't be taken in forcefully. I'm just utterly fucking sick of having to deal with her raving, crying about all the illusory people that are tormenting her for hours on end, eating up my entire day because she's having a bad trip and wants more beer to help calm down. I want to live my own life and be happy, but fate has saddled me with the most pathetic creature on the planet to be a guilty millstone around my neck.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121621 on: March 30, 2023, 03:58:25 pm »

I hope that's only episodical, and I wish you the strength to get through this in one of the less worse ways.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121622 on: April 03, 2023, 05:41:25 pm »

Dunno if the failed grading's knocked my confidence or if it's something else, but I've been especially injury prone the last few sessions.

This time I've knackered my shin. I suspect I've bruised the muscle. Can't really put any weight on it and lifting my foot sucks.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121623 on: April 05, 2023, 12:18:22 am »

Being badass is bad for the ass (of the leg).
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121624 on: April 07, 2023, 08:45:30 pm »

It feels like holidays only exist so family can scream at each other.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121625 on: April 09, 2023, 12:58:49 pm »

Too bloody right

They get so worked up about having a good time they forget to have a good time ;D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121626 on: April 09, 2023, 01:42:34 pm »

I'm really concerned about my Mom, who has been hallucinating and ranting hysterically for the last day. Maybe she took some drugs and she's having a bad reaction. Either way, I'm completely drained from having to deal with her. She's already been discharged from the hospital, who say she's just "a little high" and she's lucid enough that she can't be taken in forcefully. I'm just utterly fucking sick of having to deal with her raving, crying about all the illusory people that are tormenting her for hours on end, eating up my entire day because she's having a bad trip and wants more beer to help calm down. I want to live my own life and be happy, but fate has saddled me with the most pathetic creature on the planet to be a guilty millstone around my neck.

Can relate. My mom had a, for lack of a better term, break with reality a few weeks ago. Totally derailed me for two days. Also related to alcohol.

Haven't seen her in over 9 months. Every occasion to get together, she comes up with reasons (that may be valid) why she can't see me. Today, for Easter, we were supposed to get together and make lamb. Instead, she has a headache she's had for over a week and bowed out, again.

After everything I've been through with her, I've just learned to become numb to the feelings. You can only be let down, disappointed, imposed upon, freaked out, used for crisis response so many times before you finally just can't stay invested. It sucks man, I feel ya. Nobody ever told me growing up that the biggest thing I'd be dealing with as an adult with my parents wouldn't be them being infirm, but their mental states.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121627 on: April 09, 2023, 03:23:00 pm »

Nobody ever told me growing up that the biggest thing I'd be dealing with as an adult with my parents wouldn't be them being infirm, but their mental states.
For what it's worth, the separation between those two is often pretty blurry, where it exists at all. Aging, especially if there's previous issues, often just kinda' compounds cognitive issues, with progressively degenerating physical capability making it all the worse.

100% fucking no one talks about it, though. Lots of aspects of elder care are just not goddamn spoken of in many societies, so when that shit comes down like a ton of bricks for whoever's close to the person in question everyone involved basically flounders. Don't help one damn bit in a lot of places there's just functionally goddamn zero societal assistance for older folks or whatever family or friends they might have trying assist :-\

There's just not many people willing to tell folks ahead of time it's probably going to be fucking miserable trying to take care of your older family. One of those things not talked about on the health front that just makes everything worse for basically everyone, bleh.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 03:26:00 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121628 on: April 10, 2023, 02:56:46 am »

I think that elderly social isolation and loneliness epidemic is one of those things people don't talk about. This raise the risks for all mental (among other issues) and like any other in such situation the elderly start to neglect themselves, become ashamed and resistant of social interactions and leaving the house so that others don't see. Even with societal assistance most they get is just few weekly hours, and we are talking about pre internet generation so roughly they are in cell with a tv 24/7.

I think this is one place where the traditional values got it right, there no substitute to family and people should remember that we all get old and eat what we cook through out life. For example in our family each side of the marriage is remarkedly different, one is very involved with grandchildren the other famously said that they don't want to be 'grandparents' yet and want to focus on themselves. Want to guess who is complaining that the grandkids don't take to them or who gets more visits and zoom calls.. also not surprising given how that asswipe handled his own mother, too busy at work to make visit just one flight of stairs above, with us visiting her more..

Anyway, I am just speaking in general trying to present a counter example in regard to elderly care, and argue that people shouldn't expect the state provide social magic.

Too bloody right

They get so worked up about having a good time they forget to have a good time ;D

This is the way
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 11:42:51 pm by jipehog »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121629 on: April 11, 2023, 09:57:11 pm »

My bf almost
Spoiler: CW suicide (click to show/hide)

Still a bad feeling.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121630 on: April 12, 2023, 01:04:24 am »

jesus christ how horrifying is he going to be okay? are you?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121631 on: April 12, 2023, 03:02:30 am »

Damn man that's awful, at least you where there to stop him, at least he has a friend like you around to help him get past this dark part of his life.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121632 on: April 12, 2023, 03:25:10 am »

My bf almost
Spoiler: CW suicide (click to show/hide)

Still a bad feeling.
That's horrible! And very good that you managed to save his life!
I hope you have some good friends and / or family near you that can support you in what you are going through. This is not just terrible for your bf but also for you.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121633 on: April 12, 2023, 04:24:36 am »

Thanks everyone for your concern. He is okay, he was already discharged. I am okay too.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121634 on: April 13, 2023, 03:01:09 am »

After something like that you'd think they'd keep him in longer than that, hopefully he's doing better.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 8107 8108 [8109] 8110 8111 ... 8153