Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8110 8111 [8112] 8113 8114 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8585444 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121665 on: April 30, 2023, 03:00:59 pm »

The stupid relationship-paranoia* that I get has come back.

It'd be nice to be able to be friends with people without my brain screaming at me that every minor issue and flaw is indicative that it's all awful and they hate me in spite of all the good stuff in the relationship that shows it's genuine.

*I call it that because it's like my brain runs on some sort of paranoid mentality with regards to a lot of friendships. They don't message me back after reading a message? They don't want to talk to me at all. Ever. We don't talk much one night? They hate me and want to ditch me. I know for a fact it's a load of horsedick but my subconscious keeps screaming this sort of thing at me and it's hard to have an entirely normal relationship in the face of it.

Have you looked into... I think it's called "rejection sensitivity disorder" or "dysphoria" or something similar?

Sounds like splitting, a symptom of BPD.
Nah, I looked that one up a while ago. I'm entirely capable of seeing people as various shades of grey, friends included, it's more my subconscious overreacting to perceived problems. Sometimes they are problems, most of the time they aren't, but the actual problems then cause my subconscious to feel justified in the ones which aren't.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121666 on: May 01, 2023, 02:35:31 am »

I was mowing earlier today and I accidentally hit a stump hidden in the grass and I didn't realize it until later but the mower is now leaking oil really bad, as far as I can tell I've ether blown a gasket or cracked the block, hoping it's just a blown gasket but I really hope I caught it before lasting damage was done do to the oil leaking out.

Hopefully it's an easy fix as I'm not really in a position to replace it, I mean I did pull it out of a dumpster but I still think I can get a bit more life out of it as long as it wasn't to badly damaged after that.
Looked at it in the daylight and saw that I'd cracked the oil pan, at least I can get a replacement, but first I've got to take almost the entire engine apart to get to the thing off and to make sure it's the only thing that's broken.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121667 on: May 05, 2023, 07:31:41 pm »

man I could dismantle my office and throw it away and still have time left over wtf is this even

no
no

no
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 03:13:53 am by dragdeler »
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121668 on: May 05, 2023, 08:00:12 pm »

Stuck in a melancholic rut. I'll get out, I always have even when I was depressed, and melancholy's probably the most tolerable sadness I get, but it does knock me out a bit in terms of actually doing anything.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121669 on: May 07, 2023, 12:03:21 am »

I hate giving medicine to cats.

I thought that giving a cat a pill was bad enough.  And it is.

I thought that giving a cat an injection would be worse, but in my previous experience it was not.  I had a terminally ill cat I was giving steroid injections to once, and he took them like a champ.  Acted like he never even felt them.

Giving FIP treatment injections to this kitten is on an entirely different level of bad than giving pills to a cat.  The medication is acidic, so it hurts.  He cries terribly when we give it to him, and has started hiding from us every day around the time he knows he's supposed to get it.  It's been about 2 weeks.

And if we follow the recommended treatment schedule, we have 70 more days of daily injections.  I'm shaking after doing it this time and couldn't even get all of the medicine into him.  I don't know how we're going to manage.

But FIP is fatal, and this medication isn't licensed for veterinarians, so either we give it to him ourselves or he dies...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121670 on: May 07, 2023, 09:06:22 pm »

Are you sure there isn't any way to get it in pill form?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121671 on: May 09, 2023, 08:35:37 am »

Was injured in my leg around a week ago, and today I wanted to walk the dog with my sister, we didn't manage a minute to do it before I was absolutely exhausted, and it's a fairly big dog so my sister wasn't completely handle it, it's sucks to not being able to do as much as I usually do.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121672 on: May 10, 2023, 07:58:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 10:23:33 am by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121673 on: May 10, 2023, 10:33:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You have been excommunicated for your aggressions against the Benelux

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121674 on: May 10, 2023, 10:50:41 am »

Are you sure there isn't any way to get it in pill form?

You can, and that's what we've switched to.  We were hesitant to do it because we had a vial of medication left and it's very expensive, so we didn't want to waste it.  The pills are even more expensive, and we were worried about changing it when the injections are very clearly working.  Giving pills to cats is also less sure, since we've pretty much resorted to crushing the pills and mixing it with stuff, which cats don't eat consistently.  So... we have to do stuff like mix it with water and try to administer it like a liquid antibiotic, which isn't great.  If you use one of the cat pill things, you have to use water with them so the pills start to dissolve, giving you only a few tries at most.

Still, given the options, we did decide to get some pills and are trying to work out the best way to administer them.  It's better than the injections because it at least doesn't hurt.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121675 on: May 10, 2023, 12:02:57 pm »

fuck, i dont have time to go to canossa, guess I'll have to manage by the far west codex then
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121676 on: May 10, 2023, 12:45:05 pm »

Dunno what it is, but I get these mild recurring headaches behind my left eye that can last a few days. Makes me feel like the vision in that eye isn't quite right (Although I can't actually see anything wrong with it. Either it's my brain playing tricks or it's subliminal) and I can't think properly. They've been on-and-off for a couple years at this point.

I'd think they were migraines if it wasn't for the fact that painkillers work perfectly fine on the pain.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121677 on: May 10, 2023, 01:01:51 pm »

Had eyes and teeth checked lately-ish?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121678 on: May 10, 2023, 01:03:25 pm »

How are you sleeping? I get similar symptoms if I sleep too little or too much too often.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121679 on: May 10, 2023, 01:14:03 pm »

Had eyes and teeth checked lately-ish?
Thinking about it, I need to get an eye test booked soon.

Teeth are fine, had them checked in March (Alongside getting a leaky filling replaced).

The only thing I can really think of is eye strain, but then I'm not sure why that'd give me a bit of brain fog.

How are you sleeping? I get similar symptoms if I sleep too little or too much too often.
Sleep's fucked, I'm working on it, but I know my tiredness headaches and this ain't them. Those are across my whole head rather than behind my left eye and left front of head.

EDIT: I was thinking that next time I see the doctor I'd ask about it too. I'm not sitting here thinking it's anything serious otherwise I'd have probably died within the last two years.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 01:17:41 pm by Great Order »
Pages: 1 ... 8110 8111 [8112] 8113 8114 ... 8156