Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8113 8114 [8115] 8116 8117 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8548420 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121710 on: May 17, 2023, 09:30:56 pm »

Yeah, my resting BP ain't great either due to stress and probably too much caffeine. I've probably got hypertension just like she does. Gotta get the nerves under control. I'd like to stay functional as close to the end as possible.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121711 on: May 18, 2023, 05:06:30 am »

You gotta take care of yourself and take some time for yourself during these times. I've known several people who had to look after a parent and it messed them up from the stress, lack of sleep, and various other things, it took several years to recover from it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121712 on: May 19, 2023, 04:49:40 pm »

The stress of this election is getting to me. I know I have no control over what happens so I really shouldn't be too bothered. But this is my future at stake.

People my age already started commiting suicide over it, since we couldn't take it in the first turn. I will not take that path, no questions there. But the possibility of Türkiye becoming some unholy hybrid shithole between Russia, Iran and Pakistan is too overwhelming.

And my forum game is probably dead from neglect as well. I have no energy to it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #121713 on: May 19, 2023, 04:58:02 pm »

And my forum game is probably dead from neglect as well. I have no energy to it.

Sounds like good way to distract yourself from all happening in your country. Since you cannot control it anyway. Besides, no matter who's in power, politicians will always fuck everyone over anyway. The balance of fuckery might be different, but somebody still suffers, always.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121714 on: May 20, 2023, 02:37:59 am »

Given what's going on in your country have you considered the possibility of leaving?

Also I agree that running a forum game is a pretty good distraction form the horrors of the world.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121715 on: May 21, 2023, 10:30:01 pm »

God, I'm depressed. Sorry for the ALL CAPS but with Homestuck over I am putting on cruise control for y'all's nostalgia

[snip snip lmao]

this is my vent, I know I will be fine but jesus fucking christ fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 04:46:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121716 on: May 22, 2023, 12:50:33 am »

That's a big list of WHAT the FUCK.

Any condolences I can offer are yours.

Spoiler: updoot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:25:57 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121717 on: May 22, 2023, 10:05:59 am »

Good luck, Max. I hope it helps.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121718 on: May 22, 2023, 10:42:49 am »

Echo that. Hopefully something will shake out, get better...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121719 on: May 22, 2023, 01:54:33 pm »

I'm running out of time for my university applications. Not because I've been putting it off (Much, at least), moreso because my previous university spent fucking forever sending out the transcript and every fucking person who's a suitable referee has declined to reply at all, even after I gave them a few pokes. I could use a previous employer theoretically, however the last employer was a bunch of bigoted dickheads and I'm applying under my new name, and the ones before that refuse to do references. Anyone before that's too far in the past.

So I've had to contact every university to ask about joining in second year, then also ask them if they're fine with me not having a reference (Since you have to clear both with every university before applying, they can't look decide after the application's done), and a couple of the universities either don't have admissions email addresses, or have buried them somewhere irrelevant.

Fuck's sake, this whole process is a mess.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121720 on: May 22, 2023, 03:42:37 pm »

I need a solid reason, something to steer me of my course that isn't just an ex(cuse)planation.

There is too much shoulda-woulda-coulda unrealized potential, change dangling just outside of reach. Meanwhile in the real world, I'm supposed to do 3,5 ton wood containers, I get like 900kg in the week, can't order that, then 4 tons on saturday alone, oh and this small shit parc is not a priority and wood is the last fucking thing they do anyway, at the end of the day so they get to have a nice long drive and then ride home. Whats the fucking point in having this shithole open if I don't have room for most things. The people want to take out their frustration on me and I do tenfold. Last week I actually kicked somebody, still makes me giddy he so fucking deserved it, if anything I regret that one kick changed his mind allready, but what's the point. The cops were supposed to get back at me but I haven't heard anything yet. Why would I risk permanent consequences over a sysyphean task and a bunch of cockroaches who can't process a no.

Seriously give me a good reason. I'm playing responsibilty chicken with the users. I'm only staying out of spite; levels of spite I tried to unravel but that post got too long. So it's this one instead. Tell me why I should quit, presume the worst, project if you have to. RINSE THAT SHIT OUT OF MY BRAIN. I want to call my manager tomorrow and not feel like a quitter but like an adult.
let

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121721 on: May 23, 2023, 07:11:02 pm »

Echo that. Hopefully something will shake out, get better...
Also @Vector, but I know you don't like being quoted.

Thank you. It wasn't as high intensity as I'd hoped, but it was just the spark I needed to clear some of the panic I've been feeling over the past couple weeks. I have a lot of evaluating to do, and once I get through the next round of doctor's appointments and likely surgeries, I have a lot of changes to make in my life. Hoping that this next surgery puts me back on my feet enough to go back to work. I just don't know how that's going to go, since I haven't had an actual job since like, 2018. Disability is rough, yo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121722 on: May 24, 2023, 03:52:42 am »

Glad to hear you're feeling more yourself, MZ.
A couple of the universities either don't have admissions email addresses, or have buried them somewhere irrelevant.
If this halted any applications, I'd recommend looking for the administrative head of school and emailing them (even the academic head would probably help). If that fails because of bureaucratic stupidity, find a list of administrative staff and send emails to likely-looking folk. Thry'll soon pass the buck to where it needs to go.

Unfortunately, the only people who know how to navigate uni bureaucracies are often those within them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121723 on: May 24, 2023, 08:10:09 am »

I've started doing that.

One unis replied saying they won't accept that, the most I can do is defer it and give them the referee later.

If it was one of the backup choices that'd be fine, but it's my second choice.

Feck.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121724 on: May 27, 2023, 02:16:56 pm »

For some reason over the last decade I've lost the ability to write without producing an increasing number of typos and dropped words. I personally blame the rise of my use of discord and writing messages on a cellphone, but it's disturbing to me that a capability that in theory I use every day seems to be degrading.
Pages: 1 ... 8113 8114 [8115] 8116 8117 ... 8155