Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8114 8115 [8116] 8117 8118 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8564363 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121725 on: May 29, 2023, 06:34:38 pm »

Was looking up a quest I liked and read years ago to recommend only to find out that the author erased it. :(
Its said that everything lasts forever on the internet which is true in the most technical sense, but in practice things on it die and disappear just as things do in the real world with communities and services becoming less populated and then functionally ceasing to exist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 06:36:16 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #121726 on: May 29, 2023, 06:52:01 pm »

a quest?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121727 on: May 29, 2023, 08:22:29 pm »

Basically a collaborative story, typically on the space battles or sufficient velocity forum.
The writer posts updates and at the end of each one they put some choices for people to pick from and that's what the main character does.

Some authors have your choices matter more or less, or are more or less punishing for selecting stupid choices, ect. Its also pretty slow, so most of them tend to die fairly early on with only a couple updates and a few thousand words written.
Posting and debating about choices with others can be a good way to feel like you are engaged with the story and are actually part of what's going on.

As with all online free stuff while some of it is very good a large chunk of it simply... isn't.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #121728 on: May 29, 2023, 09:13:09 pm »

have you checked out the Forum Games & Roleplaying forum here by chance

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121729 on: June 01, 2023, 06:54:49 pm »

I think I'm going to applying to uni next year, not this one.

The whole process has just dragged on and on and on. It's like I'm the only person with a semblance of urgency, every university has just sat on its laurels for as long as possible with regards to getting things done.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121730 on: June 02, 2023, 09:17:00 pm »

I really hope that things will calm down fast in Kosovo, with the idiot Serbs attacking NATO troops. If they don't cease and desist soon, NATO will be forced to bomb Serbia into the Stone Age again.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121731 on: June 02, 2023, 11:41:19 pm »

These are the Serbian minority in Kosovo in conflict with NATO troops stationed there. Lacking any Serbian military presence there this has absolutely nothing to do legally with the state of Serbia.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121732 on: June 05, 2023, 05:01:57 am »

I'm so unbelievably stressed out, it feels like my hair is liable to start falling out.  I don't want to get into it just this moment, because writing a long post will push back my sleep even further and I'm already recently suffering from insomnia. I'm just so crushed and I don't see any end in sight.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121733 on: June 05, 2023, 01:53:05 pm »

Seek a regular sabbath, JoshuaFH... just a break, relax, etc.  A scheduled, once a week downtime.

I wish I had a more specific solution for you instead of general. Basically - take some time to actually do nothing, and give yourself permission to not feel guilty about it.  Doesn't even have to be a full day, but a regular time, even if it's just 4 hours.  Should be waking time by the way, too.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #121734 on: June 07, 2023, 03:41:01 pm »

Man, I didnt realize what a slow paced game Civilization was until I played it right after closing Alpha Centauri.

Civ IV in particular, has a lot of input lag compared to the more cumbersome but ultimately smoother ACAX
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121735 on: June 07, 2023, 03:49:48 pm »

This 4-panel comic about Gordon Freeman of Half-Life having his wounds bandaged.
Some interesting headcanon about the Hazard Suit.  Dunno if it's true, but it really touched me.

https://www.deviantart.com/zarla/art/I-just-want-to-relax-for-two-seconds-646454155
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121736 on: June 07, 2023, 04:49:19 pm »

The more I try to change things they stay the same.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121737 on: June 14, 2023, 12:32:34 pm »

My neighbor is cutting down a bunch of trees they had in their yard. Always makes me sad when trees are felled.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #121738 on: June 14, 2023, 12:47:15 pm »

Some interesting headcanon about the Hazard Suit.  Dunno if it's true, but it really touched me.

Well, it definitely is set to inject Gordon with morphine whenever he gets injured at least. Is a regular voice line from the suit in HL2 when you fall from a height etc.

Kinda funny to realize how much of your playthrough of HL1 and 2 had Gordon just doped up off his face on morphine. Maybe he doesn't talk because all he can do is slur and drool when he opens his mouth...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121739 on: June 15, 2023, 01:41:12 am »

Makes you wonder where he gets all that morphine.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 8114 8115 [8116] 8117 8118 ... 8155