Finally... > General Discussion

Things that made you sad today thread.

<< < (24459/24467) > >>

Great Order:
My gran's dementia's getting worse fast. It's getting to my mum, which is then getting to me.

Right shitty disease man.

nenjin:
We always have a ton of stray cats around work. I've befriended several over the years. Even rescued one.

I've seen them come, and go. Seen some get rescued, seen some get hit by cars.

Today I just met a juvenile who clearly was someone's lost cat. I summoned them from across the street and they came running straight over and face bumped me. Clean, friendly, smelled like perfume. Clearly someone's lost pet.

I went to go get some cat food for them and when I came back out, they were gone.

Best of luck little guy <sadface>

Telgin:

--- Quote from: Great Order on March 26, 2024, 07:48:10 am ---My gran's dementia's getting worse fast. It's getting to my mum, which is then getting to me.

Right shitty disease man.

--- End quote ---

You definitely have my sympathies here.  I've had this happen to two of my grandparents and seen the effects on my parents too.  It's terrible.

wierd:
Having computer trouble today.

Apparently one of my RAM modules is misbehaving/going bad.  (This is OK-ish, I can patch around it with a special kernel invocation line to disable the bad memory area, which I have done. I have oodles of memory installed, so disabling a chunk is OK. I will refine the disabled chunk's size a bit later, after more thorough testing... but 10gb of 64gb disabled still leaves 54gb. That's still plenty. )

the ISSUE, is that it caused data corruption in my /home folder, which was not recoverable.

Had to reformat /home.

Now I will spend all the rest of the weekend redownloading my steam library.

Hurray.

McTraveller:
Trump's "God Bless the USA Bible."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version