Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573155 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12945 on: September 21, 2010, 04:45:33 pm »

I would recommend you just wait for UFO: The Two Sides to be finished.

I would but it's not finished and I'm jonesing now, plus it runs poorly on my computer.

Also, Aqizzar, yeah, I realized a few seconds after I said that.  I'll do it anyway though, because I want to save the world.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12946 on: September 21, 2010, 04:45:41 pm »

Me and Duke watched episode 44 of FMA:B yesterday.  Title of it?

REVVING AT FULL THROTTLE

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12947 on: September 21, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »

Me and Duke watched episode 44 of FMA:B yesterday.  Title of it?

REVVING AT FULL THROTTLE

You jerks never invite me to anything.  Anything I actually want to see anyway.  Retroactively.  God, what a conflict of interests.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: September 21, 2010, 04:48:30 pm »

Dude it's two things you hate

Fullmetal Alchemist
Subbed Anime

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: September 21, 2010, 04:50:28 pm »

Dude it's two things you hate

Fullmetal Alchemist
Subbed Anime

But it's called REVVING AT FULL THROTTLE, remember?  Tell me, did it actually have anything to do with engines?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12950 on: September 21, 2010, 04:56:33 pm »

There was a car chase scene, that's pretty much the only relevance to the title besides Ed saying it word for word.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12951 on: September 21, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »

Ugh... my nerves are killing me.

To be more specific, I have homework for the first time in ever and my mind is going "Make it perfect!  Make it perfect!"  Only problem is that I have a much clearer idea of "perfection" than I did when I was a kid, so now I'm getting stressed.  About show-and-tell.

Yes, I'm serious.  My assignment is show-and-tell of an object with emotional significance, one minute long, in English, and it's making me upset.  Why?!  It'd be easier if it were more complex, for goodness' sake, so I didn't have to obsess over every little detail!  Now I'm running around, going "Is this significant enough?  Is the story interesting enough?  Too much whining?  Too trite?  Too emotionally open?  Too emotionally closed?  AM I MAKING GOOD CHOICES?  arghleblarghle *tears*"

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:31:26 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12952 on: September 21, 2010, 06:29:46 pm »

I think you can get those cut out.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12953 on: September 21, 2010, 06:31:46 pm »

Stress.  If there's an operation to remove it, I'm interested.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12954 on: September 21, 2010, 06:35:23 pm »

Stress.  If there's an operation to remove it, I'm interested.
Faygo.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12955 on: September 21, 2010, 06:36:01 pm »

I would think that removing your endocrine system would prove somewhat...fatal.

It's just a one miniute speach. Plan out the first things that come to mind and don't worry about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12956 on: September 21, 2010, 06:38:30 pm »

There is faygo.
I always do something... different... to eleviate stress.

And Vector, as long as it isn't one of Sam's old shirts, you'd be fine.
Make it... age ten and under stuff.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: September 21, 2010, 06:41:33 pm »

To be more specific, I have homework for the first time in ever and my mind is going "Make it perfect!  Make it perfect!"  Only problem is that I have a much clearer idea of "perfection" than I did when I was a kid, so now I'm getting stressed.  About show-and-tell.

Yes, I'm serious.  My assignment is show-and-tell of an object with emotional significance, one minute long, in English, and it's making me upset.  Why?!  It'd be easier if it were more complex, for goodness' sake, so I didn't have to obsess over every little detail!  Now I'm running around, going "Is this significant enough?  Is the story interesting enough?  Too much whining?  Too trite?  Too emotionally open?  Too emotionally closed?  AM I MAKING GOOD CHOICES?  arghleblarghle *tears*"

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Bring the Bay12 forums! I'm sure we could all spare a minute, amirite?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12958 on: September 21, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »

It's just a one miniute speach. Plan out the first things that come to mind and don't worry about it.

Yeah, I know... thanks ^_^;;  I just realized that my list of keepsakes is kinda weird.  There's...

20 dollar bill (given to me by my ex at one point to pay for mental health problems; keep it to remind me that shitty people can be nice sometimes)
Scrapbook (given to me by Thyme at my graduation.  Marked the end of my needing to keep her from killing herself)
Bookmark (given to me by my autistic[?] cousin; first gift he ever gave anyone in the extended family)
Copy of Watchmen (given to me by a different cousin, at the end of a 5-year long feud)
Copy of Lang's Algebra (every time I open it I feel like crying because it smells like the math library; first graduate textbook I bought or understood)
Sprig of baby's breath (picked it up off the ground, freshman year of high school on Valentine's day.  I have never received flowers and am holding onto it until then)
Crossword puzzle (made for me by a friend, who gave it to me on Valentine's in middle school, using clues and words from the novel I was writing at the time.  Curse me for not noticing)
Bracelet (received as payment for tutoring from a Tibetan student)
Copy of Vitali Chaccone (worked on it for two years with my violin teacher.  Never got anywhere.  Horribly marked up and old, but I treasure it all the same)
Photograph of grandfather (was a mathematician.  Died just before I got interested in math)

And I'm taking this course at a community college, so I'm all worried about looking too weird and esoteric and trying too hard to be some kind of intellectual when really I'm not any better than anyone else mathematics ha what mathematics.

And now I sound like Faulkner, which is bad.

But anyway, it's really hard to find something I own that has a story attached which:

a. Is not weird (i.e. does not highlight previous mental health issues)
b. Does not make me look like some sort of neeeeeeeerd
c. Is relatable to most people
d. Is interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12959 on: September 21, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »

Bookmark
Bracelet.

Those seem the safest. Not the most interesting, perhaps, but definately the safest.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 8156