Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572415 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12960 on: September 21, 2010, 06:59:12 pm »

First thing that jumped out at me was the bracelet. Foreign gifts are cool.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: September 21, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »

Hmm... yeah, that's probably a good idea.  Thanks.

Not sure if I can get a full minute out of it, but I'll see what I can do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: September 21, 2010, 07:03:49 pm »

My head, stomach, and throat hurt :C

EDIT: Also relationship trouble :C

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: September 21, 2010, 07:04:35 pm »

60 seconds of talking with your vocabulary should be no problem. Explain:

A little background on yourself and your mathematical ability, (it helps immersion if you explain "I was a math tutor at one point," instead of just jumping right into it.)
Where the student was from,
What the student was like,
What their problems were in math,
What math you tutored them in,
and finally, produce the bracelet as a big reveal.

60 seconds should be over as you're pulling the bracelet out of your pocket.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12964 on: September 21, 2010, 07:07:48 pm »

Sprig of baby's breath (picked it up off the ground, freshman year of high school on Valentine's day.  I have never received flowers and am holding onto it until then)

Now you've made me sad. Both for you and for the realization I never got valentine cards at all. Not even during my two spectacular failures at relationships.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: September 21, 2010, 07:11:08 pm »

Meh, I don't feel sad about it anymore--it's just a relic of the past, really, even though I was quite upset about it at the time.  I was going to make Rosewood a Companion Icosahedron, but that fell through (he never understood Valentine's day).  Oh, well... just got to wait for Mr. Lucky Next Guy.

It's too bad you never received valentine's cards, though... I made them for everyone in the class when I was in elementary school.  Didn't give out any candy, but my cards were always hand-made with pictures drawn on them and so on.

As far as the speech goes, I just realized that that's only 6 sentences or so at my usual talking pace.  Not hard.  Thanks for the help, everyone~!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:12:53 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12966 on: September 21, 2010, 07:13:29 pm »

No problem! ^_^

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:39 pm »

Not sure if I can get a full minute out of it, but I'll see what I can do.

Oh come now.  You'll be amazed how fast a minute will go.  I had to take a public speaking class for required credit - every speech, I agonized over what to leave out, and still ran over time on all of them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: September 21, 2010, 07:41:26 pm »

clubbed baby seals.
I will not stand for this travesty!

As far as speaking goes, a minute is not a very long time, especially if you gesture a lot. You don't even have to talk if you can get your point across by gesturing.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12969 on: September 21, 2010, 08:04:04 pm »

Day started with a test in my first class, which I got 13/20 questions right. Then in the short amount of time between classes I lost the money for my lunch to the vending machine gods and proceeded to not eat for the rest of the day. Math introduced Factoring again, my long-time nemesis. I did stumble upon a problem I could solve, something I actually remembered perfectly and as the first thing I could do without refreshing myself on it. The professor called me to the board to answer it, and the marker died halfway through my solving it. Giggles abound as the professor basically said "Sucks to be you" and didn't grant me the extra credit he usually awards for doing problems on the board. After class I got on the wrong bus because of the bus strike and everything is disorganized as heck, so I got to a metro stop near my home at around 8:00 and waiting for my dad to pick me up. There pretty much every bum begged for money and called me a racist for not giving them all my entire bank account savings(Yes, they actually asked for me to go to an ATM and load some money on them). Then my dad picked me up and started his rants on how everything about my situation is terrible and how I don't have any time for anything and how I'll likely fail this semester just like last one and how I need to get the financial aid money now because money money money problems. Came home to my dog biting me and leaving some extra bloody scratches on my wrists.

And as I came onto the computer I noised a message from a friend who thought I was ignoring them this whole time and got really upset.

The entire day I would somewhat handle, as it's par for the course. At least I had dinner. But that last thing...
 Just know that I would hitchhike back and drop my wallet to the bums if it could somehow get me home faster to answer you. I have never ignored you, every time you message me without any response I am genuinely not there. I've been trying to be more active about setting my steam status to whatever I'm doing, and I am sorry about leaving my status on busy the entire time I was away at class.

Please don't hate me for this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12970 on: September 21, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »

I don't know if you're talking about me.  D:

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: September 21, 2010, 08:19:32 pm »

Came home to my dog biting me and leaving some extra bloody scratches on my wrists.

It was the dog leaving the scratches, right?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: September 21, 2010, 08:51:44 pm »

God it feels like the stitches in my knee are falling out. I know they aren't and they're fine but it hurts just so much. WHYYYY.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:08 pm »

Please don't hate me for this.

See, this is why I don't even bother logging on most of the time.  If someone wants to talk to me, you'll do it when I feel like talking, just as I don't get pissed about other people not being online when I am.  That's how this shit works.  I swear, one of the greatest casualties of the Internet Age is the death of patience.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: September 21, 2010, 09:01:54 pm »

I'm still bravely carrying on its name except when I'm in a hurry, which is always.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 8156