Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575612 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26925 on: April 08, 2011, 09:49:21 am »

I uploaded a video to Youtube. The quality was REAL terrible. :(

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26926 on: April 08, 2011, 10:46:21 am »

Dangitall, I was playing Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising for most of the day, and I made a lot of progress through this one hard mission. All day, on one mission.

Then BOOM, game resets for no reason, and I lose all my data. DAMN! Maybe I'm spoiled, but I HATE games that don't have an auto-save feature nowadays.

The reason I loved both the Fire Emblem games on the GBA SP was that they auto-saved every single turn! Every single one! It made the game a little frustrating at times, but atleast I never lost a whole day's worth of progress!
I like autosave when it's in addition to regular saving on a game like that.  Damnit, I don't want to have to do it all again because I made a mistake on day 4!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26927 on: April 08, 2011, 11:06:44 am »

Dangitall, I was playing Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising for most of the day, and I made a lot of progress through this one hard mission. All day, on one mission.

Then BOOM, game resets for no reason, and I lose all my data. DAMN! Maybe I'm spoiled, but I HATE games that don't have an auto-save feature nowadays.

The reason I loved both the Fire Emblem games on the GBA SP was that they auto-saved every single turn! Every single one! It made the game a little frustrating at times, but atleast I never lost a whole day's worth of progress!
I like autosave when it's in addition to regular saving on a game like that.  Damnit, I don't want to have to do it all again because I made a mistake on day 4!
I've been save-scumming like crazy when playing Fire Emblem.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26928 on: April 08, 2011, 11:27:23 am »

I want to put a shoop da whoop picture (with a laz0r) on this guys mouth but I don't know how.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26929 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:59 am »

*Looks up.*
Here's a hint: It's called MSPaint.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26930 on: April 08, 2011, 11:44:02 am »

*Looks up.*
Here's a hint: It's called MSPaint.
I'm talking about a propper, photoshopped shoop da whoop. Not a shitty one from paint.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26931 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:10 am »

*Is offended.*
Paint is by no means shitty. If you need to just paste a transparent laz0r .png over a picture, it more than gets the job done.

And as for photoshop, it's more complicated, but gets the job done in a shinier manner. Select, copy, paste over photo, rotate to your needs. If you're feeling fancy, distort the laz0r pic to wrap over the dude's head or crop it with the pen tool so it goes "behind" his hair.
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26932 on: April 08, 2011, 11:51:49 am »

Why does nobody play chess nowadays?

We have a chessboard at work, but all my coworkers care for, is that stupid table soccer.

Probably because it requires too much thinking for most people.  :(

Likewise, I can't get anybody in my family to play with me, nor most of my friends. Only one of my assistant teachers for a college course plays, and we rarely see each other much.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26933 on: April 08, 2011, 12:00:35 pm »

Huhm.
Maybe I'll be able to find some sort of chess club in Vienna, that is willing to take in an amateur.

I remember having a friend, who used to play on tournaments. She kicked my ass two out of three times, but it sure was fun :D

Also Thud!, that game sounds awesome...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:07:01 pm by Mindmaker »

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26934 on: April 08, 2011, 12:04:06 pm »

TBH, chess bores the hell out of me. It seems far too formal for a combat simulation (but then, it really isn't one, so meh).

I was pretty good at playing Thud! a couple years back, but I haven't seen a game, let alone played, for far too long.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26935 on: April 08, 2011, 12:06:43 pm »

Damn, how could I get the name wrong, considering it's one of my favorite alltimers regarding books?
Edited.

Edit: Ok, it's because that's the german name and I read that version first.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26936 on: April 08, 2011, 12:15:38 pm »

I stopped playing Chess once I picked up Go.
It's like Chess, but easier to learn and way more strategy and tactics.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26937 on: April 08, 2011, 12:21:29 pm »

I haven't had the courage to pick up Go. It seems my mind isn't really suited for that kind of thinking.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26938 on: April 08, 2011, 12:23:19 pm »

Go ain't that difficult. Even made a program that could recreate part of it's rules.

Sadly, since the Games Workshop left, there's nobody around who plays any kind of tabletop or board games D:

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26939 on: April 08, 2011, 12:25:02 pm »

I'm hungry but there's nothing to eat.
Pages: 1 ... 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 ... 8156