Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 [1797] 1798 1799 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8552781 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26940 on: April 08, 2011, 12:30:15 pm »

I'm hungry but there's nothing to eat.
Yes there is. Look at your arm.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26941 on: April 08, 2011, 12:31:12 pm »

Your name made me hungry

*Reaches out to swallow Jack_Bread whole*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26942 on: April 08, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »

Your name made me hungry

Jack Bread tastes like DEATH with a hint of garlic, though. I taste terrible!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26943 on: April 08, 2011, 12:37:44 pm »

Your name made me hungry

Jack Bread tastes like DEATH with a hint of garlic, though. I taste terrible!
While you were talking I bit a chunk out of your back. You're rather tasty.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26944 on: April 08, 2011, 12:45:30 pm »

Have to stop fucking up my life.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26945 on: April 08, 2011, 12:50:01 pm »

Have to stop fucking up my life.

You ARE fucking it up?  ???

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26946 on: April 08, 2011, 12:51:59 pm »

Whatever the problem is, a good portion of it is probably in your head.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26947 on: April 08, 2011, 12:56:57 pm »

Whatever the problem is, a good portion of it is probably in your head.

It always is...
Overthinking something isn't always the best option, sadly.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:59:22 pm by Mindmaker »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26948 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:25 pm »

Well, once again I was only able to finish 50-65% of the homework for my abstract algebra class this week.  Partially due to poor time management, mostly due to being an idiot over the weekend and failing to get any meaningful work done.  Also due to being an idiot and not having anything to eat, again because I can't figure out this thing where I feed myself, keep the house clean, do my homework, get enough sleep, own groceries, and don't have any issues with lack of socializing.  Lacking RL friends is really causing me a lot of time-wasting problems.

I'm having serious problems due to lack of real-people social contact, so I'm going to have to work on that.  I'm just upset because the only shared room I've managed to find right now that's acceptably close to campus is the one where the dude was basically trolling for prostitutes.

*sigh*

I know I'll do better in the fall semester, and probably end up getting straight A+'s like I was when I left school.  I just wish that time were now, so that I could be enjoying it instead of feeling crappy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26949 on: April 08, 2011, 01:15:32 pm »

Why does nobody play chess nowadays?
It's quite popular here. They even televised a tournament once on the local sports network. (Of course, that network gets slow when the high schools are out of session.)

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26950 on: April 08, 2011, 01:21:41 pm »

I haven't had the courage to pick up Go. It seems my mind isn't really suited for that kind of thinking.
I dunno, I prefer the thinking involved in it a lot to chess.  It's based more on an intuitive understanding of shape and territory (although it's the battling that I really like, and which I do well at for my grade.  Therefore my "strategy" involves picking as many fights as possible).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26951 on: April 08, 2011, 01:43:00 pm »

Why does nobody play chess nowadays?
It's quite popular here. They even televised a tournament once on the local sports network. (Of course, that network gets slow when the high schools are out of session.)
I've been really getting into Shogi recently.  It's quite fun.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26952 on: April 08, 2011, 01:55:11 pm »

I have no idea how to find a job. I mean, I have one, but it's only part time and that's not gonna cut it after I graduate, besides being completely unrelated to what I've studied to work in. And I need to find a summer job, that would actually contribute to a graduate application in biomedical engineering, but all the jobs I've found so far relating to biology are agriculture. Goddamn soybeans. My current job is closer to what I need than you are.

But what's really problematic is that I have no idea how to find such jobs in the city I'm planning to move to if I don't get into graduate school on the applications I sent in this year. Here, I at least have people I can pester (because it is their job to be pestered by students seeking jobs) and a convenient student website with job listings.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26953 on: April 08, 2011, 02:20:55 pm »

Disgaea 4 is coming to NA in September.  Man, that's a far away time right now.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26954 on: April 08, 2011, 02:55:04 pm »

Yes, mom and dad, I am fully aware that I am solely responsible for the immense debts you've gotten us into.
I am also aware that you had to make other loans to pay my college tuition somehow despite the fact that I've worked my ass of getting the money for it over summer.
I know that my grades are failing, that I risk ending up unemployed and with no higher education, that I risk losing one of you to old age or mischance, and have the house yanked out from under us.
I also know that I have no social life short of the people I speak to over the internet, that my room is a mess and I take over a full minute to get the will and do whatever other one of the countless tasks you have me do over the course of a day.
Thank you for building up my confidence and my trust.

*sigh*
I wish I could just drink myself to sleep right now. But I don't even have enough booze in the house.  :'(
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 [1797] 1798 1799 ... 8155